Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
(12-31-2023, 09:24 PM)Destro Wrote: No Tds allowed since the first quarter. Zero points scored in the second half. Guess who will get all the heat, though.

Everything is the defense and Joe Mixon's fault.  That will never change in the Game Day thread :)

Meanwhile the offense went:

Punt
End of half
Downs
Punt
Punt

Punt
Downs

The Oline gave up what, 4 or 5 sacks with the game on the line.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Oh, Chefs weren’t flagged the entire second half. Not once.

Not even the clear off-sides on the sack. Meanwhile, Bengals get an intentional grounding on something a lot less intentional than what Mahomes threw.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:25 PM)Nepa Wrote: What the hell?....

You would retain any of them?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:22 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Oh but everyone thought Zac was the man a couple of months ago.  He is just an average coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t think that a couple months ago, they still sucked
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Oh, Chefs weren’t flagged the entire second half. Not once.

Factually untrue.

Tee Higgins drew a 30 yard DPI penalty.

There were only 6 penalties all game. 3 for each team, and only the Browning intentional grounding penalty was BS.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: He made a 4th and 18 to keep the season alive.

As a backup, he's the real deal. Lot to be proud of.

But when the Chiefs went all out in their rush, they were overwhelming. Not on Browning. He kept the Bengals in the game, in Arrowhead. 

Yes he's a GOOD backup, but still a backup. 

Lots of offseason issues to work on for the team. Obviously they need to know if Burrow will be truly 100% ready for camp and actually have a preseason. They also have schematic and player issues on both sides of the ball, but especially the explosive plays on defense need to be cut WAY down. Also will Reader be back. We'll see. 
Reply/Quote
So the only AFC North team that will be playing starters next week will be Pissburg. This really pisses me off that that piss poor team is going to back in to the playoffs and I blame that wholly on Zac for poor game planning and in game play calling.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not even the clear off-sides on the sack. Meanwhile, Bengals get an intentional grounding on something a lot less intentional than what Mahomes threw.

At least 2 maybe 3 times, they were off sides
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:26 PM)iowahwky4cinci Wrote: No grounding. Terrible call.

Grounding bad call but it’s it like they let the Chiefs best D lineman line up in the neutral zone (obvious penalty that the side judge is staring at)

Missed Burrow today. He keeps them calm and makes up for a lot of mistakes by others - especially his head coach!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:24 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Offense lost the game in second half.

When our o line gets no push why does Zac continue to run up the gut on 4th and 1?

Mixon has been horrible in short yardage most of the year. I know he made a few conversions but he is far below average as a short yardage back.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s start the backups next week against the Stains.

Someone can correct me, but I don't think the Browns have anything to play for. May be Browns/Bengals Benchwarmers Bowl.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:29 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: At least 2 maybe 3 times, they were off sides

At least the refs weren't as bad as they were at the end of the Dallas/Lions game.

NFL really has a problem with its officiating. More and more commentators are making that observation.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yes he's a GOOD backup, but still a backup. 

Lots of offseason issues to work on for the team. Obviously they need to know if Burrow will be truly 100% ready for camp and actually have a preseason. They also have schematic and player issues on both sides of the ball, but especially the explosive plays on defense need to be cut WAY down. Also will Reader be back. We'll see. 

He looked like a deer caught in the head lights that last series. No clock in his head to either run up to the line and run or pass the ball if someone is open. He did that in the first half. 
Reply/Quote
If Frank Polyp is coaching this offensive line again next year, I'll be strictly watching Saturday football.
Reply/Quote
When it came down to go time Brownings brain kept buffering. Just throw the f'n ball!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: At least the refs weren't as bad as they were at the end of the Dallas/Lions game.

NFL really has a problem with its officiating. More and more commentators are making that observation.

They called browning for grounding when his arm was hit and you could see mixon in the view
Reply/Quote
Remember those couple dude’s in this thread that “preferred Browning over Burrow”

:lmao:

I’m embarrassed for you.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:31 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: When it came down to go time Brownings brain kept buffering. Just throw the f'n ball!!!

His processing is non-existent.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:31 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: When it came down to go time Brownings brain kept buffering.  Just throw the f'n ball!!!

That was my first post about him when he started playing. Said that and high passing was coachable. Note who the coaches are.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:31 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: If Frank Polyp is coaching this offensive line again next year, I'll be strictly watching Saturday football.

Most of the sacks today were on Browning.

Reply/Quote