Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
Reds resigned Mike Ford to a major league deal. CES will be out 4-6 weeks with a right ulnar styloid fracture.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/05/reds-sign-mike-ford-major-league-deal.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 07:02 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds resigned Mike Ford to a major league deal. CES will be out 4-6 weeks with a right ulnar styloid fracture.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/05/reds-sign-mike-ford-major-league-deal.html

Wow.

I mean, CES wasn't being productive, so hopefully this injury stint allows him to get healthy if his lack of production is due to an injury.

But we're really getting hit hard with injuries this year haha.
Reply/Quote
Reds have a lead!!!!
Reply/Quote
Only the Reds can string together 4 straight hits and only get 1 run. Stupid base running by Fairchild.
Reply/Quote
You know you're down bad when your DH is your back up catcher haha. Still, decent inning. Each hitter was making decent contact, even Maile, who required a diving grab from the LF. Let's hope they keep it up.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 08:14 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds have a lead!!!!

Aaaaaaaand it's gone.
Reply/Quote
Can’t strike out down one and a man on third with one out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Will Benson is absolutely terrible.

Reply/Quote
What thee absolute hell? Impossibly frustrating man
Reply/Quote
Useless for ten years and counting. When does someone realize they are incapable of running a successful baseball team?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
O for May and counting. What’s the over under for wins in May, now, 10.

An embarrassment for Cincinnati.

The Reds used to be top dog in Cincy, followed by Bengals and FC Cincinnati
Now it Bengals followed by FC followed by the Reds.
How far they have fallen with no end in sight.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will Benson is absolutely terrible.

I had some fairly high hopes for Benson this season. They're gone
Reply/Quote
Castellini once said on a radio broadcast, when questioned about putting on a winning team, said where are the fans going to go.
I think that question is answered, the Bengals and FC Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will Benson is absolutely terrible.

He got screwed over. He didn't swing on that strike 3 appeal and it wasn't close.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 10:58 PM)cinci4life Wrote: He got screwed over. He didn't swing on that strike 3 appeal and it wasn't close.

He has sucked long before that pathetic attempt in the 9th inning. He's a below average outfielder and he has a problem making contact, especially since he's one of the idiots that usually swings out of his shoes with two strikes.

I wonder why they never ask them selves . . . "How many Home Runs have I hit with two strikes vs how many times I have struck out?"

A two strike single is like picking up a third and ten at midfield. Completely changes the attitude and the approach of the rest of the offense as a unit.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 10:58 PM)cinci4life Wrote: He got screwed over. He didn't swing on that strike 3 appeal and it wasn't close.

He’s batting.190 and has the 2nd most strikeouts in MLB. He sucks.

Reply/Quote
Reds still losing and slumping. Kiss this year goodbye. Even the game announcers are praising the opposing teams about good hitting.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 01:49 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He has sucked long before that pathetic attempt in the 9th inning. He's a below average outfielder and he has a problem making contact, especially since he's one of the idiots that usually swings out of his shoes with two strikes.

I wonder why they never ask them selves . . . "How many Home Runs have I hit with two strikes vs how many times I have struck out?"

A two strike single is like picking up a third and ten at midfield. Completely changes the attitude and the approach of the rest of the offense as a unit.

(05-09-2024, 01:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s batting.190 and has the 2nd most strikeouts in MLB. He sucks.

I never said he doesn't suck. I was just saying on this particular AB that he got screwed over on that strike 3 call.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes adversity is good. We have gotten close to that point. The good thing, if there is one, is that teams in our division are losing also.
Reply/Quote
Reds need to end this losing streak. They might not get 15 wins in May now. They got 16 in April. End the losing streak and win as many as possible in May.

The Reds will get back to celebrating with that Viking helmet again, hopefully very soon. End the losing streak.

GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote