Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
(05-04-2024, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just don't understand how this team goes into a slump, like a team, the way they do. Then they all start hitting at the same time, then they slump at the same time. 

Very frustrating to watch these Orioles pitchers throw these big fat curve balls right across the plate and they stand there and watch them...

I'd like to see the stats on our taken strikes vs. rest of the league. I would certainly believe we're high in those numbers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds getting ready to give up a no-no, hell perhaps perfect game?
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2024, 12:33 AM)cinci4life Wrote: They are facing the best team in the AL and a pitcher who came in with 15 straight scoreless innings. It likely wasn't going to be pretty anyway.

The Reds batters make every pitchers look like Cy Young. 4 weeks into the season and I don’t see any chance of improvement, batting. We have 5 guys batting in the interstate, 100’s.  That is ridiculous for a major league player. Time to cut the chord on some of these players and move on.  Bell has got to go, if he has any input of off-season player moves. This team has gotten worse year after year. The only bright spot is middle of the road pitching.  
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2024, 06:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Reds getting ready to give up a no-no, hell perhaps perfect game?

Well they got a hit anyway.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds are Bengals bad, from the lost decade, when they couldn’t win. 2nd time in a week getting 1 hit. What is this little league, tee ball. What a joke of a franchise. From wining World Series to this, embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
Pagan needs to go. he is flat out worthless.
Reply/Quote
[Image: we-suck-again-oh-no.gif]

Reply/Quote
Losing is bad enough, but losing when you pitchers are generally good to solid is really tough. Greene took flack from many including myself early on, but they do absolutely nothing for him in terms of run support. He's actually been pretty good the last 2 times out. When guys like him and Abbott have good outings vs tough lineups like Baltimore, it's near criminal to have showings like they did a the plate.

Some of these guys have me questioning the abilities of the youth movement. CES can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. Benson has been exposed vs lefties.

Candelario had a nice series vs SD, but is looking like a colossal waste of money.

There's no cavalry in Louisville. They have to right this ship with what they have and quick.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2024, 10:04 PM)samhain Wrote: There's no cavalry in Louisville. They have to right this ship with what they have and quick.

About the only help they have coming is Marte. But that’s still a LONG ways off.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2024, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: About the only help they have coming is Marte. But that’s still a LONG ways off.

Don't forget Friedl. He could be activated as early as Tuesday.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2024, 10:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Don't forget Friedl. He could be activated as early as Tuesday.

Please make it so . . . anything to get Benson out of the leadoff spot.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2024, 10:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Don't forget Friedl. He could be activated as early as Tuesday.

I sure hope so. This offense needs a spark bad !! Our top 10 players at bats wise have a combined .205 average. I've seen team slumps before but I'm not quite sure I've ever seen it this bad?
Reply/Quote
The Reds now have a losing record at home (9-10).

They rank dead last in team batting average and are near the bottom in OBP and OPS.

Players better start heating up soon or the Brewers and Cubs will run away with 1st and 2nd place in the division. I know, it's a long season but the Reds need to play consistent ball all season to contend for a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2024, 09:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Reds now have a losing record at home (9-10).

They rank dead last in team batting average and are near the bottom in OBP and OPS.

Players better start heating up soon or the Brewers and Cubs will run away with 1st and 2nd place in the division. I know, it's a long season but the Reds need to play consistent ball all season to contend for a playoff spot.

They are playing consistent baseball, just consistent losing baseball with no offense. That’s is not going to change with this group of players. Major disappointment for Reds fans. Attendance will be way down even before the all star game. 

They should pay you to go to the game
Reply/Quote
Playing against left handed pitchers has been the reds downfall for years. They are just not consistent against lefties.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2024, 09:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Reds now have a losing record at home (9-10).

It's some crazy crap !!!

All players no matter how good go thru hitting slumps now and again. Hitting good just right at em, face several pitchers in a row that just have their number, baseball gawds just quit smiling on em, whatever?

But for the entire team to be slumping all at the same time?? weird, weird, WEIRD

Lets hope they find their mojo with this D'backs series, they're not the best team around. And they have a long road trip around the corner, 10 games including 4 vs. Dodgers - uh oh. And if they're not careful they're gonna be a bunch of games out of first before May is over.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely brutal.

The good news is that losing a game by 1 run and losing a game by 10 runs doesn't make a difference. A loss is a loss, no matter how close or how much of a blowout it was.

This weekend accounted for 3 losses.

Tomorrow, we take on Arizona. If they take 2 of 3 there, we'll be fine.

The other good news is TJ Friedl seems to be way ahead of schedule on his return. Apparently, Friedl is meeting with Bell to discuss if he'll be ready for the series this week.

That would be a HUGE boost to the line up if he comes back in time for the Arizona or the Road Trip to SF/Ari/LAD.
Reply/Quote
We are about to travel out west again and we are lucky to play .500 ball there. We better get off the snide soon or this season is a wash.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Important 9 game stretch here. 6 vs. D'backs and 3 vs. Giants. First 3 vs. D'backs at home. And we really need to rack up bunch of wins because after that we play 7 games vs. Dodgers including 4 in L.A.

If we come away from Dodgers with more than a couple wins I'll be surprised so we have to shake our issues at the plate and start hitting now!! If not we're going to find ourselves in a big hole at the end of May.

It's funny I figured our pitching would be our biggest issue. And we're next to the worst team batting average .210 and a just abysmal .289 team OBP

They've got to find a way to stop the bleeding.
Reply/Quote
No credit on these boards for how good Baltimore Orioles are. They are good. I've said before, be glad Reds do not play in AL East, because Orioles, Rays, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees would clobber them each year. Be glad Reds are in NL Central.

Reds won 16 games in April, which is very good. May off to rough start against good Baltimore team. Baltimore is over with. Don't give up on Reds just yet. Reds had a good April, and it's too early to give up on May.

Don't forget, the other NL Central teams will get clobbered by some of these teams Reds are playing. Baltimore would beat any team in NL Central. Losses are coming to the rest of the NL Central also, so don't count Reds out just yet.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote