Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
Now I'm wondering if the Reds should pull a Votto and pay De La Cruz a gazillion bucks or trade him for the moon, stars and the sun before he becomes a free agent. Whatever they decide I'm supremely confident it'll be the wrong decision.  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 10:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's exhausting having to do that all the time.
This is the worst part of the season travel-wise, IIRC.
10 games in a row on the west coast.
Looking at the schedule, the furthest west they travel to after this weekend will be the Rockies June 3-5.

Fingers crossed that once the temps start getting consistently into the 80s-90s and they are closer to home, the bats will get going again.
They're only 2.0 games out of the WC despite this horrible stretch, so there's hope if they can get back on track before the ASB.

EDIT - I guess though if the Reds do happen to be basically out of the running after ASB, at least the Summer Olympics are coming late July to bridge the gap until NFL Preseason gets going?

I just checked my crystal ball and the Reds will win fifty straight and both the Brewers and Cubs will lose 50 straight. Don't forget to fly to Las Vegas and place your bets before it's too late. I don't wan anyone here to live a life of depression and poverty.  Tongue If my crystal ball is wrong blame it on LED's.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 12:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: I just checked my crystal ball and the Reds will win fifty straight and both the Brewers and Cubs will lose 50 straight. Don't forget to fly to Las Vegas and place your bets before it's too late. I don't wan anyone here to live a life of depression and poverty.  Tongue If my crystal ball is wrong blame it on LED's.. 

Is that the same crystal ball that the wizard of Oz used.

Maybe the Reds have to get the broom from the wicked witch of the west.  Lol
Reply/Quote
I'm just happy they've scored 10 runs in two games. the 10 runs in 10 games stuff was no fun.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:45 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm just happy they've scored 10 runs in two games. the 10 runs in 10 games stuff was no fun.

Unfortunately, 7 runs in 1 game is why they lose the other games, no run support. They either score 7 and win or 1 or 2 and lose.
That’s been the story this year.
Reply/Quote
Still waiting for win #20. Get that and salvage some of May. Get #20 and then win as many games in May as they can. They won't get to 30 wins, but if they can rise above 25 that would not be bad considering the 8 game losing streak in May.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:34 PM)kevin Wrote: Still waiting for win #20.   Get that and salvage some of May.  Get #20 and then win as many games in May as they can.  They won't get to 30 wins, but if they can rise above 25 that would not be bad considering the 8 game losing streak in May.

Do you really believe the Reds with go 6-6 the final 12 games of May to get 25 wins.  Then, I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you. 
Reply/Quote
Hurtubise of all players gets the first hit of the game for either team which is also his first career hit.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)cinci4life Wrote: Hurtubise of all players gets the first hit of the game for either team which is also his first career hit.

Good for him getting a big league hit. Nice to see an Army player at least get that achievement. Not who I would have bet on breaking the hitless game, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
A one-out triple and getting no runs is backbreaking.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote