Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol
(05-17-2024, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's awesome, too bad he wasn't able to help the "stop the steal" effort achieve it's goal.

It wasn't for lack of trying.  He ( and Thomas) has constantly voted for the Trump position on every election question as well as every politically motivated question in front of the Court.  I have no doubt he will vote to give Trump full immunity 

And while you think it is awesome right now, you won't think it is so awesome when a Democratic-leaning Justice is out there protesting Trump.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2024, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's awesome, too bad he wasn't able to help the "stop the steal" effort achieve it's goal.

"Stop the steal" was nothing more than propaganda by the narcissist sociopath Trump himself. He blathered non-stop on how it was stolen without any evidence to support it, then tried to find evidence when there was none. Then kept claiming it was stolen nonetheless. And I am not talking about what the right wing news and social medias were saying before the election (which both sides do to get an edge), but after the election itself. Even in a state like Georgia where he claimed it was stolen, there was no evidence found that could have overturned the electoral results there, and that was with a Republican governor in charge.

Trust me, I dislike Biden and democrats in power mainly in California and New York as much you probably do. But my dislike for them doesn't effect my opinions on the opposite side of the pendulum, especially when it comes to Trump and everything that lead to January 6th.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Here's what we know:

"soliciting and facilitating approved, nonpartisan third-party organizations and State officials to provide voter registration services on agency premises."

So the organizations that discussed this measure with the White House, while friendly to the effort and the current administration, would not qualify as approved organizations.

Do we know who has been approved? 
All i can find is 22/25 are run by people closely tied to former Leftist activist groups. But i didn't see a list anywhere so i can't verify that.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do we know who has been approved? 
All i can find is 22/25 are run by people closely tied to former Leftist activist groups. But i didn't see a list anywhere so i can't verify that.

That number is rooted in the reporting mentioned earlier that isn't even reflective of the approved groups. It is misinformation from my understanding. I have not seen a list of approved groups.

Edit to add: I was looking at this link: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/09/28/fact-sheet-biden-administration-promotes-voter-participation-with-new-agency-steps/ and it seems that there is only one agency planning to work with non-profit organizations to register voters and that is the DHS to be present to register voters at naturalization ceremonies. Honestly, this seems like there isn't much to it.

Another edit: based on this link from last year https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/03/05/fact-sheet-the-biden-harris-administration-continues-to-promote-access-to-voting/ there still isn't anything about working with voter registration orgs beyond naturalization ceremonies.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Belsnickel Wrote: That number is rooted in the reporting mentioned earlier that isn't even reflective of the approved groups. It is misinformation from my understanding. I have not seen a list of approved groups.

Edit to add: I was looking at this link: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/09/28/fact-sheet-biden-administration-promotes-voter-participation-with-new-agency-steps/ and it seems that there is only one agency planning to work with non-profit organizations to register voters and that is the DHS to be present to register voters at naturalization ceremonies. Honestly, this seems like there isn't much to it.

Another edit: based on this link from last year https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/03/05/fact-sheet-the-biden-harris-administration-continues-to-promote-access-to-voting/ there still isn't anything about working with voter registration orgs beyond naturalization ceremonies.

That's why I was asking, i'd rather check it myself rather than just taking the only info out there i can find out it as gospel.
Reply/Quote