Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump and RNC riase almost 300 million in May, 2024
It appears Trump gained a whole bunch of small dollar donors in May, 25% are first time donors.

It is interesting to see Trump raised 70 million in the 48 hours after he was convicted.

Trump also is spending less than Biden taking into account the huge legal bills makes it Abigail deal.

I have yet to see Biden’s numbers,but Democrats usually raise 1.5 times more than Republicans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
lol at people giving Epstein’s old friend who just picked up 34 felony convictions money

The greatest con artist of all time I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 12:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears Trump gained a whole bunch of small dollar donors in May, 25% are first time donors.

It is interesting to see Trump raised 70 million in the 48 hours after he was convicted.

Trump also is spending less than Biden taking into account the huge legal bills makes it Abigail deal.

I have yet to see Biden’s numbers,but Democrats usually raise 1.5 times more than Republicans.

The number they announced that they will be reporting to the FEC was $141 million which of course will be offset with expenses. His campaign has been bleeding money with substantially less cash on hand than Biden’s. After 2 previous campaigns with plenty of history of non payments behind him, cities and venues are now demanding payment up front before he can hold one of his rallies.

A hefty sum for sure but less than 1/2 the $300 you claimed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good news for EJ Caroll.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 04:22 AM)pally Wrote: The number they announced that they will be reporting to the FEC was $141 million which of course will be offset with expenses. His campaign has been bleeding money with substantially less cash on hand than Biden’s. After 2 previous campaigns with plenty of history of non payments behind him, cities and venues are now demanding payment up front before he can hold one of his rallies.

Eh, there are PACs and other organizations involved in all of this. The $300 million is likely a combined total.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 08:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Eh, there are PACs and other organizations involved in all of this. The $300 million is likely a combined total.

Officially, the campaign can have nothing to o with PACs and therefore should be unaware of their fundraising.   The number could include PAC money or it is just as likely the $300 million was the typical Trump pull a number out of nowhere because it sounded good

Reply/Quote
Number I saw was $200M, with $70M from small donors.

But if including the RNC, $300M seems plausible. Still have to see what actually gets officially reported to the FEC.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 08:36 AM)pally Wrote: Officially, the campaign can have nothing to o with PACs and therefore should be unaware of their fundraising.   The number could include PAC money or it is just as likely the $300 million was the typical Trump pull a number out of nowhere because it sounded good

Trump is PT Barnum.

Everything is the biggest, best, most lavish, record breaking, magnificent whatever of all time.

Could be money coming it, a phone call, or a tuna on rye. It was the best, some say the perfect, tuna on rye of all time.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 04:22 AM)pally Wrote: The number they announced that they will be reporting to the FEC was $141 million which of course will be offset with expenses. His campaign has been bleeding money with substantially less cash on hand than Biden’s. After 2 previous campaigns with plenty of history of non payments behind him, cities and venues are now demanding payment up front before he can hold one of his rallies.

I am not an expert on FEC reporting. I am certain 2 income streams. Winfred is for small donors. That is the $141 million donations in May

His other big haul of close to $150 million was Super P.A.C.’s.
It donors create these because they is no limit to the donation. For example on Democrat side Soros has a Super P.A.C.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 08:36 AM)pally Wrote: Officially, the campaign can have nothing to o with PACs and therefore should be unaware of their fundraising.   The number could include PAC money or it is just as likely the $300 million was the typical Trump pull a number out of nowhere because it sounded good

It is all confusing to me. It could e WinRed and to RNC. One is direct to Trump and other Trump controls as leader of the party.

I have yet to hearTrump’s cash on hand number which is after cash intake and expenses.

Also have not heard either intake or cash on hand for Biden after May.

After April, Biden had huge cash on hand advantage over Trump

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 03:51 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Trump is PT Barnum.

Everything is the biggest, best, most lavish, record breaking, magnificent whatever of all time.

Could be money coming it, a phone call, or a tuna on rye. It was the best, some say the perfect, tuna on rye of all time.

Biden raised more cash than trump in 2020 campaign. In fact Democrats normally raise a lot more cash than Republicans.

Why no attack with the real scam artists?

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 06:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not an expert on FEC reporting. I am  certain 2 income streams. Winfred is for small donors. That is the $141 million donations in May

His other big haul of close to $150 million was Super P.A.C.’s.
It donors create these because they is no limit to the donation. For example on Democrat side Soros has a Super P.A.C.

PAC money doesn't belong to the Trump campaign.  The announced totals are the combined RNC and Trump campaign donations.  Coordinaion between thecampaigns and PACs are illegal

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 10:45 PM)pally Wrote: PAC money doesn't belong to the Trump campaign.  The announced totals are the combined RNC and Trump campaign donations.  Coordinaion between thecampaigns and PACs are illegal

As much as you want to say they are illegal, and they are, it happens all of the time and is seen as common knowledge that PACs and campaigns coordinate on a regular basis. I get what you're saying, but that just isn't the real world and because it is something that happens across the aisle there is no incentive for either party to make hay over it. When I talk about the FEC being toothless and pointless, this is one of those reasons. There is so much of this sort of thing happening in federal races that just flouts the law and they do nothing because the political class is not willing to shine a light on something that can also be shone on them.

This sort of thing is why I am more of a government nerd than I am a politics nerd. I can't stand this sort of shit.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 06:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Biden raised more cash than trump in 2020 campaign. In fact Democrats normally raise a lot more cash than Republicans.

Why no attack with the real scam artists?

I am not calling anyone a scam artist, just saying that DJT is very grandiose in nature and exaggerates even when he doesn't have to. It makes people call the true nubers into question even when he may be being 100% honest.

Reply/Quote
Here is something I found.

There is also a super PAC, Make America Great Again Inc., that has direct financial links to Trump’s operation, refunding tens of millions of dollars to Save America for contributions that Save America made in 2022 before Trump was a candidate. Those funds have helped Trump’s political operation stay afloat over the past year. But unlike the other committees, MAGA Inc. is not controlled by Trump, and it is not subject to contribution limits.
Across Trump’s political operation, spending was nearly evenly divided in three major categories: fundraising, legal bills and campaigning, with just a few million dollars going to other expenses.

Yes Pally, you are correct Trump has spent a ton on legal fees. His cash on hand at the end of April for all the various income streams was around 70 million, Biden has a lot more cash on hand. Trump did make an impact versus Biden in April. Very soon, we find out if Trump received more in contributions in May and was able to build up the cash reserves.

Reply/Quote
Also, Biden and Trump must file their April contributions and cash on hand no later than the 20th of May. This is true for each month. Trump appeared to have a great month fund raising, but also racked up huge legal bills due to a 6-week trial. On other hand Biden started campaigning as did Kamala so I would suspect their expenses went up significantly as well.

Trump was able to mostly campaign in Manhattan, legal fee yes, but not many other campaign expenses. Trump was very good campaigning while being locked into a court room for 6 weeks/ I also read Trump has yet to start major advertising in the swing states, Biden has spent a lot of money in the swing states. It will be interesting to see if the polls shift at all once Trump runs more ads and of course the impact of the guilty verdict.

https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-and-committees/filing-reports/monthly-reports-presidential/

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 10:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Also, Biden and Trump must file their April contributions and cash on hand no later than the 20th of May. This is true for each month. Trump appeared to have a great month fund raising, but also racked up huge legal bills due to a 6-week trial. On other hand Biden started campaigning as did Kamala so I would suspect their expenses went up significantly as well.

Trump was able to mostly campaign in Manhattan, legal fee yes, but not many other campaign expenses. Trump was very good campaigning while being locked into a court room for 6 weeks/ I also read Trump has yet to start major advertising in the swing states, Biden has spent a lot of money in the swing states. It will be interesting to see if the polls shift at all once Trump runs more ads and of course the impact of the guilty verdict.

https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-and-committees/filing-reports/monthly-reports-presidential/

He also managed to golf every weekend and attend a UFC fight and his son's graduation.

Not exactly "locked up". 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 01:49 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: lol at people giving Epstein’s old friend who just picked up 34 felony convictions money

The greatest con artist of all time I suppose.

"lets send half our SS check to the orange "billionaire" felon instead of buying food this week"
These people are comical at this point.
But we all know IF he actually did get all this cash alot came from Russia or big Corporations 
Reply/Quote