Dan Hoard's observations from practice
some OTA good news

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Do we have a list of OTA "no-shows"?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 05:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do we have a list of OTA "no-shows"?

the only names I have seen as not being here were Tee and Ja'Marr

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Would be interesting to find out who else is on the rehab field with Anderson, or not actively participating in drills.

Am assuming Ivey & All cannot do much. Kirkland, Cochran, and Maxwell were all PS guys who went on IR last year. And I thought I heard something about McLachlan being dinged up.
Reply/Quote
Burton gets me excited.... what a Trio we will have for the year.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 06:26 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Would be interesting to find out who else is on the rehab field with Anderson, or not actively participating in drills.

Am assuming Ivey & All cannot do much. Kirkland, Cochran, and Maxwell were all PS guys who went on IR last year. And I thought I heard something about McLachlan being dinged up.

Joe Bachie also had off season surgery but I don't know where he is in his rehab

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 05:56 PM)pally Wrote: the only names I have seen as not being here were Tee and Ja'Marr

I wouldn't mind seeing this team pick up a vet WR. Right now the vets are "looking up" to Trent Irwin. 

A vet such as Randall Cobb 

Reply/Quote
Very inspiring to read and see.
Reply/Quote

Brown spending good time with Mims.

Murphy looks huge.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 09:17 PM)jj22 Wrote:

Murphy looks huge.

Good to see O schooling Mims you can see it in a couple of clips. Also JB giving the drunk kid a couple of pointers. 

Reply/Quote
Myles Murphy looks noticeably bigger.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 09:17 PM)jj22 Wrote:

Murphy looks huge.

LOVE that because it shows we gave leaders on the team and guys that will continue to try to make each other better, even if it costs them playing time.
Reply/Quote
Hubbard looks huge too. He's always big, but he looks bigger to me. May just be the angle.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Myles Murphy looks noticeably bigger.

This is where the whole drafting team captians comes into play. Remaking their bodies and the technique work in the off-season takes dedication.

As much as we give coaches hell over technical errors from the players technique and body composition is off-season trainer stuff in the pros unlike college. NFL Coaches have barely enough time to finish the installs. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2024, 08:33 AM)Synric Wrote: This is where the whole drafting team captians comes into play. Remaking their bodies and the technique work in the off-season takes dedication.

As much as we give coaches hell over technical errors from the players technique and body composition is off-season trainer stuff in the pros unlike college. NFL Coaches have barely enough time to finish the installs. 

That's a great point, as over the years we've seen plenty of players drafted that flashed the talent that got them to the NFL only to see them floundering at the bottom of the depth charts for the remainder of their Rookie contracts. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2024, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hubbard looks huge too. He's always big, but he looks bigger to me. May just be the angle.

I thought that too. He is bigger than Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing this team pick up a vet WR. Right now the vets are "looking up" to Trent Irwin. 

A vet such as Randall Cobb 

Cobb, Renfrow, Michael Thomas. I assume Thomas would still think he is a WR1 or 2, but one of the other two would be a good offseason/locker room addition.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty jacked about Murphy, Hubbard, Jenkins, T. Brown, Burton, Gesicki, All and Moss

I think we made significant improvement on both sides of the ball - with the loss of Reader as the only significant fly in the ointment (I'm still angry about that)
Reply/Quote
This team is looking really good, expecting great things this year if we can stay somewhat healthy. The best OL in front of Burrow he
has had, adding Zack Moss, Gesicki, Jermaine Burton as weapons should make us much more explosive especially with Chase Brown
getting more snaps this season who is electric at RB.
Reply/Quote