Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(09-14-2023, 09:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: the planets are not procedurally generated... Some of the Events/locations when you land on the planets are though.    Handcrafted locations i believe show up when you scan a planet... And the Random ones will be the ones that only show up after you land.

Are you sure?  

Now I gotta google because i specifically remember Todd whatshisface saying each player will encounter unique planets.

this might be the article i read:

https://www.charlieintel.com/starfield/are-starfields-planets-procedurally-generated-265326/

Quote:"What we do is we handcraft individual locations, and some of those are placed specifically,” he told the Kinda Funny Xcast. “I should also add that we have done more handcrafting in this game, content-wise, than any game we’ve done.”

In practice, this means that Starfield’s planets will be built using AI when a player travels to them, so two players could visit the same world and be met with a slightly different layout. However, certain hand-crafted locations and questlines will be guaranteed to appear for all visitors.

While the terrain of a planet may vary from save file to save file, the major cities and outposts that have become Bethesda’s trademark will still be scattered around the game to track down.

I guess this means it can be interpreted to where we're both right, but I think it makes me more right than you! Tongue
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - basballguy - 09-14-2023, 05:07 PM