Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** (/Thread-2024-NFL-DRAFT-THREAD)

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 02:17 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Oncemore... ThumbsUp

Hell, I wouldn’t put it past Saban to have one of his players roll up on Mim’s ankle during the second drive and then act stupid about it. The fact he is acting stupid about it makes me suspect it’s the truth even more.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - NATI BENGALS - 04-26-2024

Seems like the draft is falling pretty well for us. Eight tackles went and we got ours. We didn't have a need for an immediate starter so landing the guy with one of the highest ceilings isn't a bad way to go.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Bengalstripes9 - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 02:30 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tanor Bortolini C/G Wisconsin is still my dude that I want more than anyone, but will be fine with lots of other options in the 2nd/early 3rd.

I like him too.
But you never know if he’ll be available.
It seems like there is good value at C/G on the board right here, as well as DT.

I think we’ll see a run on WR before our pick and it would make sense to dip into the strength of the draft (oline).

It doesn’t seem like we have much as far as young promising players behind our vets on the interior of the oline. If we picked one at 2 and then Bartolini in the 4th or 5th I would not mind at all.

(04-26-2024, 01:51 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Again, it was Warren McClendon who kept Mims off the field, not Chris Samuels or Willie Anderson.
A 5th rounder who is depth in LA

And Joe Burrow was kept on the bench by J.T. Barrett. An undrafted free agent who’s out of the league.

Every year it is proven these coaches and talent evaluators are wrong 50% of the time. At best.

So take a breath.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 02:36 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hell, I wouldn’t put it past Saban to have one of his players roll up on Mim’s ankle during the second drive and then act stupid about it. The fact he is acting stupid about it makes me suspect it’s the truth even more.

Saban has been a bit dirty in his time no question.

Still is a great coach gotta admit this fact.

(04-26-2024, 02:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Seems like the draft is falling pretty well for us. Eight tackles went and we got ours. We didn't have a need for an immediate starter so landing the guy with one of the highest ceilings isn't a bad way to go.

I couldn't think of a better way for the draft to fall myself. We got our RT for the future, I wanted Ricky Pearsall though and didn't 
want the stealers to get Fautanu, but shit happens.

(04-26-2024, 02:42 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I like him too.
But you never know if he’ll be available.
It seems like there is good value at C/G on the board right here, as well as DT.

I think we’ll see a run on WR before our pick and it would make sense to dip into the strength of the draft (oline).

It doesn’t seem like we have much as far as young promising players behind our vets on the interior of the oline. If we picked one at 2 and then Bartolini in the 4th or 5th I would not mind at all.

Frazier, Mahogany, Zinter, Amegadjie, just a few and I am leaving out a ton that could help us out with our depth on the OL.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 02:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Saban also told the Miami Dolphins he wasn’t going anywhere so I don’t know why people would believe what he says.

Mims played in 8 games as a freshman, 14 games as a sophomore including 2 starts in the college playoffs to include their back to back national championship game. Not sure why Saban thinks a playoff game is more important than a national championship game. But, I’ll just chalk it up to Saban talking out his ass.

Does Saban even pay attention to the SEC? Because if he did he would know Mims had tightrope surgery for a high ankle sprain which he re-injured during the playoff game. Just like a Brock Bowers re-injured his ankle after tightrope surgery for a high ankle sprain. If Kirby was smart he would have held both of them out until the playoffs.

I’m sure Saban knows this so I’m not sure why he is acting dumb.

I don’t think missing games due to one injury during three years in the SEC makes a player injury prone, either.

[Image: 0.jpg]

(04-26-2024, 09:07 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: [Image: 0.jpg]

LOL

That was definitely an unforced error on Georgia’s behalf. Their spot in the SEC championship was locked up. No need to rush those two back.

But, regardless the only reason why Alabama won that game is because the officials didn’t review an Alabama 4th down conversion for a first down which was obviously an incompletion when you saw the replay. That allowed Alabama to score a TD. And that was the difference in the game.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Soonerpeace - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 12:04 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Sabans response really is what set of the alarms in my head. As a Bama guy I watch pretty much all of Sagan’s stuff, he always gives ton of credit to opponents and I’ve never heard him be so tepid on another player. He had no idea why the guy only played a few series…was it conditioning? Injury? Getting beat? None of those are good especially injury. If you only start one season and miss 30% of the games, at his size, you are injury prone.
Also, Beck was only sacked 11 times on the year so not allowing one in about 65% of the snaps isn’t a major accomplishment

I can understand that but Smart loves him and if he bailed on them he wouldn’t. Until you walk in these kids shoes…. Many just haven’t come from much. But the message board geniuses (not you) give the team credit for due diligence. I’m completely confident that they vetted him in interviews and Georgia about his coming out as well as why he didn’t play more. First pick is so important you just don’t mess around. But I completely agree that Mims has a huge risk/reward scenario. If it had been me I’d have moved up to take Murphy or picked Brian Thomas at 18. But I also think taking a tackle was prudent. I just liked Fuaga. Again I’d have moved up but doesn’t appear that was easy to do. The thought process that OL guys can’t be found out of the first round is stupid. The trick is drafting more of them and increasing your odds. The Bengals unfortunately haven’t been successful drafting the OL.

Today I would like Malachi Corley, Polk, Leggette, Ben Sinnott, Theo Johnson, Cade Stover, McKinnley Jackson, Sweat, Beebe,
Bortolini, Frazier, Goncalves, Mahogany, just so many talented players available.

Lots of talented RB's to boot, Braelon Allen, Trey Benson, Jaylen Wright. Did Jonathan Brooks get picked last night?

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - ochocincos - 04-26-2024

(04-25-2024, 07:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: As long as they dont go with a John Ross in the 1st or a Drew Sample/Jackson Carman type pick in the 2nd everyone should be ok

I find some amusement in this post because like Ross, Mims injured his hamstring while running the 40.
Both looked fantastic on the field in college when they actually played.
However, John Ross actually saw the field way more games compared to Mims.

Like I did with Ross, I'm going to be hopeful the injuries stay away from Mims and he can reach his elite ceiling.
Hopefully though, Mims doesn't follow suit and have mental lapses during reps and get injured frequently in the NFL.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nepa - 04-26-2024

Some of other teams' draft picks were headscratchers. Not that I'm complaining.

I mean, the Falcon's took Michael Penix, Jr. after signing Kurt Cousins for 4 years, with 100 million guaranteed? Penix is supposed to sit on the bench as a backup until he is 27 or 28 years old? (He's 24 right now).

Las Vegas signs Brock Bowers on a team already with 2 top WRs (Davante Adams, Jakobi Meyers), a TE selected top-of-the-second round last year (Michael Mayer), and no QB of note to thrown to all those targets? (Gardner Minshew?)

Chargers have an excellent QB, and they are protecting him with a top new OL in Alt, but who is Herbert supposed to throw to? They passed on the 2nd and 3rd best WRs. Now Herbert doesn't have any WRs of note and maybe just Hayden Hurst and have to hope they get Herbert someone tonight.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 05:13 PM)Nepa Wrote: Chargers have an excellent QB, and they are protecting him with a top new OL in Alt, but who is Herbert supposed to throw to? They passed on the 2nd and 3rd best WRs. Now Herbert doesn't have any WRs of note and maybe just Hayden Hurst and have to hope they get Herbert someone tonight.

They’re going to pay Herbert top 5 money to hand the ball off all game. Greg Roman effect.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Synric - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 05:13 PM)Nepa Wrote: Some of other teams' draft picks were headscratchers. Not that I'm complaining.

I mean, the Falcon's took Michael Penix, Jr. after signing Kurt Cousins for 4 years, with 100 million guaranteed? Penix is supposed to sit on the bench as a backup until he is 27 or 28 years old? (He's 24 right now).

Las Vegas signs Brock Bowers on a team already with 2 top WRs (Davante Adams, Jakobi Meyers), a TE selected top-of-the-second round last year (Michael Mayer), and no QB of note to thrown to all those targets? (Gardner Minshew?)

Chargers have an excellent QB, and they are protecting him with a top new OL in Alt, but who is Herbert supposed to throw to? They passed on the 2nd and 3rd best WRs. Now Herbert doesn't have any WRs of note and maybe just Hayden Hurst and have to hope they get Herbert someone tonight.

The Penix thing is definitely weird.

Bowers is going to play alot of slot receiver/h-back which compliments Michael Mayers TE-Y. They will run alot of different formations with 12 personnel which is what made Brock Bowers such a unique prospect. 

Chargers could have gone WR but there will always be WRs every draft class but a chance to draft a guy like Joe Alt doesn't come around as often. Which is also why taking a chance on a prospect like Amarius Mims at #18 isn't crazy.

(04-26-2024, 05:13 PM)Nepa Wrote: Some of other teams' draft picks were headscratchers. Not that I'm complaining.

Yeah, I like Penix a lot and think he will be a good QB in the NFL but that is weird signing Cousins for that long before drafting Penix.

The Raiders are stacked with weapons now, might of went even a little overkill with Minshew as their QB.

Building from the trenches out isn't a bad thing though from the Chargers and this draft has a ton of quality weapons.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Boomer Anderson - 04-26-2024

Can we possibly trade up to draft Newton or Kool Aid?

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Stewy - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 06:31 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Can we possibly trade up to draft Newton or Kool Aid?

Sure could.  But it would take the Bengals being in love like you apparently are.  Tobin thankfully doesn't get starry eye'd.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 06:45 PM)Stewy Wrote: Sure could.  But it would take the Bengals being in love like you apparently are.  Tobin thankfully doesn't get starry eye'd.

He traded up in the 2nd round for CTB.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Clark W Griswold - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Today I would like Malachi Corley, Polk, Leggette, Ben Sinnott, Theo Johnson, Cade Stover, McKinnley Jackson, Sweat, Beebe,
Bortolini, Frazier, Goncalves, Mahogany, just so many talented players available.

Lots of talented RB's to boot, Braelon Allen, Trey Benson, Jaylen Wright. Did Jonathan Brooks get picked last night?

Brooks did not get picked yet - no RBs selected in the first round.

Also would be stupid for the Bengals to take Legette in the second round since the Panthers already picked him ?

(04-26-2024, 06:58 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Brooks did not get picked yet - no RBs selected in the first round.

Also would be stupid for the Bengals to take Legette in the second round  since the Panthers already picked him ?

Thanks Clark. Didn't follow the end of the first last night. Will be interested in seeing when the run on RB's begins.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - wanga - 04-26-2024

How long until Rd 2 kicks off.