Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** (/Thread-2024-NFL-DRAFT-THREAD)

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - tms - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:28 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Marshall is cut, he will need to clear waivers.  If the Bengals really want him, they should offer a 7th round pick for him like Houston did to secure Mixon.

Very good point. Hadn't thought of that. They should do it (if they want him). 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Bengalstripes9 - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Have people REALLY not read up on the guy?

Georgia was churning out talent at OT when Mims was there and that's why he couldn't get on the field.

He's fresh and has little tread: yeah he's not a RB, but these guys play 1,100 snaps a year: if he's good enough, he'll be a cornerstone for a decade.

I’m having a hard time finding the full list of his injuries online.

It’s concerning that he only started 8 games.
I’m seeing something about him getting injured at the combine too.

Don’t get me wrong, he could be a stud.
I’m just crossing my fingers.
Hopefully it’s nothing.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Joelist - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:37 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’m having a hard time finding the full list of his injuries online.

Hopefully it’s nothing.

There isn't some big list - it is one injury. 

***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - BenZoo2 - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:30 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Mulugheta needs to be on the phone right now trying to work out a trade with Buffalo.

Who would take at 33 after trading him to buffalo?

I might do it for newton or dejean. That’s it. And pick 33 might not be enough for me straight up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Have people REALLY not read up on the guy?

Georgia was churning out talent at OT when Mims was there and that's why he couldn't get on the field.

He's fresh and has little tread: yeah he's not a RB, but these guys play 1,100 snaps a year: if he's good enough, he'll be a cornerstone for a decade.

That's why I come here....to read up on these guys. Tongue

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:30 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Mulugheta needs to be on the phone right now trying to work out a trade with Buffalo.

If I was Tee I would be fuming LMAO!!! Hilarious

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - CottonHill - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:16 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks J24. Got a very good player them Buccaneers.  Mellow

Mims had a bad injury but he was behind some great players. Mims isn't injured now which is big and he gets to learn behind Trent
Brown one of the best swing Tackles in the NFL and he can learn Guard right there with Cappa, Karras and Volson. You can worry 
about Mims getting worried same as Latham honestly who was taken way early IMO.

Latham taken that early is just weird to me, he has really heavy feet, gets beat by inside moves and is slow in run blocking.

Mims does things these others just cannot do. Mims can do it all just hope Pollack doesn't ruin him.

Again, it was Warren McClendon who kept Mims off the field, not Chris Samuels or Willie Anderson.
A 5th rounder who is depth in LA

(04-26-2024, 01:43 AM)Joelist Wrote: There isn't some big list - it is one injury. 

And had good players in front of him with the one injury.

It is pretty simple, watch the youtube vids of our new pick in Amarius Mims, you will not be disappointed.

He was the one guy who made JT of OSU not beat his team. Alt had a good rep against JT in a Draft vid I saw was the only other one.

(04-26-2024, 01:51 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Again, it was Warren McClendon who kept Mims off the field, not Chris Samuels or Willie Anderson.
A 5th rounder who is depth in LA

So you won't watch the Mims film?

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:37 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’m having a hard time finding the full list of his injuries online.

Hopefully it’s nothing.

I wrote in my post: he didn't play much because he was stuck behind talent, the injury was just one.

(04-26-2024, 01:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wrote in my post: he didn't play much because he was stuck behind talent, the injury was just one.

Latham didn't even workout and was taken way ahead of us which I find to be a major reach with his heavy feet.

Latham had an ankle injury, love the guy for trying to break Goodell's back but that isn't as strenuous as taking on a real man
in the NFL like a Myles Garrett or something. Mims is a great pick as long as he keeps up his great way, love this guy. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:56 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you won't watch the Mims film?

All film I have seen is impressive. My only reservation was there just isn't a lot of it. I didn't know why he only had 8 starts, so that concerned me a bit. I didn't know his injury history. So I feel better after reading more here. 

....and no, dude has dug his heels in and won't watch, lol.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 12:04 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Sabans response really is what set of the alarms in my head. As a Bama guy I watch pretty much all of Sagan’s stuff, he always gives ton of credit to opponents and I’ve never heard him be so tepid on another player. He had no idea why the guy only played a few series…was it conditioning? Injury? Getting beat? None of those are good especially injury. If you only start one season and miss 30% of the games, at his size, you are injury prone.
Also, Beck was only sacked 11 times on the year so not allowing one in about 65% of the snaps isn’t a major accomplishment

Saban also told the Miami Dolphins he wasn’t going anywhere so I don’t know why people would believe what he says.

Mims played in 8 games as a freshman, 14 games as a sophomore including 2 starts in the college playoffs to include their back to back national championship game. Not sure why Saban thinks a playoff game is more important than a national championship game. But, I’ll just chalk it up to Saban talking out his ass.

Does Saban even pay attention to the SEC? Because if he did he would know Mims had tightrope surgery for a high ankle sprain which he re-injured during the playoff game. Just like a Brock Bowers re-injured his ankle after tightrope surgery for a high ankle sprain. If Kirby was smart he would have held both of them out until the playoffs.

I’m sure Saban knows this so I’m not sure why he is acting dumb.

I don’t think missing games due to one injury during three years in the SEC makes a player injury prone, either.

(04-26-2024, 02:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: All film I have seen is impressive. My only reservation was there just isn't a lot of it. I didn't know why he only had 8 starts, so that concerned me a bit. I didn't know his injury history. So I feel better after reading more here. 

....and no, dude has dug his heels in and won't watch, lol.

Of course, you know your stuff Wyche. I may be wrong with Mims and I will admit it if I am, but damn, the film don't lie and Mims 
played fantastic against the best pass rushers in the Nation. Negative people only want to hear negative and it is all good except for 
them poor bastids.

Love Amarius Mims though, listen to him talk, great person on top of all his talent. Great human being that I love to welcome to the
Cincinnati Bengals.  Smirk

(04-26-2024, 02:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Saban also told the Miami Dolphins he wasn’t going anywhere so I don’t know why people would believe what he says.

Mims played in 8 games as a freshman, 14 games as a sophomore including 2 starts in the college playoffs to include their back to back national championship game. Not sure why Saban thinks a playoff game is more important than a national championship game. But, I’ll just chalk it up to Saban talking out his ass.

Does Saban even pay attention to the SEC? Because if he did he would know Mims had tightrope surgery for a high ankle sprain which he re-injured during the playoff game. Just like a Brock Bowers re-injured his ankle after tightrope surgery for a high ankle sprain. If Kirby was smart he would have held both of them out until the playoffs.

I’m sure Saban knows this so I’m not sure why he is acting dumb.

I don’t think missing games due to one injury during three years in the SEC makes a player injury prone, either.

Thanks Oncemore... ThumbsUp

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Bengalstripes9 - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:43 AM)Joelist Wrote: There isn't some big list - it is one injury. 

He’s definitely a freak athlete and I like what the bengals are doing in terms of getting freak athletes at OT. Great depth at OT now.

The concern is the injury risk with RT Brown and potentially Mims. But Mims certainly could be a home run pick if he proves durable.

In the 2nd I’d love to get an interior lineman for depth or a dlineman.
Looks like there will be good value there.

Definitely need more depth on the interior oline as those vets aren’t under contract for much longer and during the last Super Bowl run the injuries up front derailed that run.

Definitely need more depth along the dline as well. Pass rush and run D could be a lot better. Need a deeper rotation and more youth.

I think there will be solid options at WR and Corner from picks 3b to 4.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - sandwedge - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:54 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And had good players in front of him with the one injury.

It is pretty simple, watch the youtube vids of our new pick in Amarius Mims, you will not be disappointed.

He was the one guy who made JT of OSU not beat his team. Alt had a good rep against JT in a Draft vid I saw was the only other one.

At the combine, his 1st 40 time was a 4.68 if I remember correctly and on his 2nd attempt his hamstring acted up so he shut it down for a bit and I believe he did do a couple of drills after that, not all of them tho. The high sprain came from someone rolling up on his ankle. Anyone person who has played sports has had to deal with ankle sprain, so this chronically injured BS is just that, BS! 
I was all onboard for Mims since seeing him fly during the 40 at the combine 

(04-26-2024, 02:25 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: He’s definitely a freak athlete and I like what the bengals are doing in terms of getting freak athletes at OT. Great depth at OT now.

The concern is the injury risk with RT Brown and potentially Mims. But Mims certainly could be a home run pick if he proves durable.

In the 2nd I’d love to get an interior lineman for depth or a dlineman.
Looks like there will be good value there.

Definitely need more depth on the interior oline as those vets aren’t under contract for much longer and during the last Super Bowl run the injuries up front derailed that run.

Definitely need more depth along the dline as well. Pass rush and run D could be a lot better. Need a deeper rotation and more youth.

I think there will be solid options at WR and Corner from picks 3b to 4.

Tanor Bortolini C/G Wisconsin is still my dude that I want more than anyone, but will be fine with lots of other options in the 2nd/early 3rd.

(04-26-2024, 02:28 AM)sandwedge Wrote: At the combine, his 1st 40 time was a 4.68 if I remember correctly and on his 2nd attempt his hamstring acted up so he shut it down for a bit and I believe he did do a couple of drills after that, not all of them tho. The high sprain came from someone rolling up on his ankle. Anyone person who has played sports has had to deal with ankle sprain, so this chronically injured BS is just that, BS! 
I was all onboard for Mims since seeing him fly during the 40 at the combine 

True, have to sit it out when these things happen. Not a concern as much as sitting out all workouts like Latham did.

Picking up Goodell was a good look though, gotta give JC that lol

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Synric - 04-26-2024

What's the over/under for the last 3 first round picks 2024 snap count total combined? 650? 700?