Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(05-02-2024, 03:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i miss E3 too... i hate having to track 30 different shows lol...

Ill go find a list of what's changing..  your on PC right i think this update focuses a lot on the Xbox giving us  60fps options or 40 with VRR tvs  

They did mentioned they are working on a vehicle to use while exploring plants (future update) and Shattered Space DLC  is this fall.

https://www.trueachievements.com/news/starfield-60fps-xbox-series-x

A big part of the update is you can now customize the inside of the space ship...  (in the video in the link)

I'm on XBOX, video, graphics and visual customizations don't move my needle in a RPG.  Story, narrative, character development, NPC interactions, immersion are what interest me.  Guess I'll stay on the sidelines.

Currently playing FO4.  X/S update is just meh.  If you were running with graphic enhancement mods before, the X/S update adds very little.  I think I need to look up the bug fixes they said they made.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 03:53 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm on XBOX, video, graphics and visual customizations don't move my needle in a RPG.  Story, narrative, character development, NPC interactions, immersion are what interest me.  Guess I'll stay on the sidelines.

Currently playing FO4.  X/S update is just meh.  If you were running with graphic enhancement mods before, the X/S update adds very little.  I think I need to look up the bug fixes they said they made.

Heck, they barely move my needle in any game nowadays. Maybe it's just me, but since the 6th gen (PS2 era) it's just kind of been good to gooder.

Speaking of RPGs, I did finish the FFVII Remake and its DLC. The gameplay is very solid, but there's not, enough of it? It is undoubtedly a very well put together game with an impressive narrative and visuals, but it was a little choppy to me. Every time I would get into the combat or gameplay it would be time for a walking-sim-esque glorified cutscene. Does a great job expanding on the original though and will certainly make me get the 2nd and 3rd games.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 04:18 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Heck, they barely move my needle in any game nowadays. Maybe it's just me, but since the 6th gen (PS2 era) it's just kind of been good to gooder.

Speaking of RPGs, I did finish the FFVII Remake and its DLC. The gameplay is very solid, but there's not, enough of it? It is undoubtedly a very well put together game with an impressive narrative and visuals, but it was a little choppy to me. Every time I would get into the combat or gameplay it would be time for a walking-sim-esque glorified cutscene. Does a great job expanding on the original though and will certainly make me get the 2nd and 3rd games.

yeah a little to much focus on making things Realistic...   i like video games being video games.     that being said if i have a choice of 2 similar games id likely play the one that looks better but Gameplay/Story should always be king.   i still play point and click adventures lol so it 

I am really against squares strategy with the FVII remake of splitting into 3 full priced releases..  an hope this doesnt become a trend.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 03:53 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm on XBOX, video, graphics and visual customizations don't move my needle in a RPG.  Story, narrative, character development, NPC interactions, immersion are what interest me.  Guess I'll stay on the sidelines.

There was atleast 6-7 new quest lines when i loaded up my save on FO4

Big gamplay updates in Starfield i think this patch as far as story and narriative is when going thru the unity you can respect you build each time now if you choose.
Story expansion is in the fall. 
They added a new camera option for when talking to npcs so it doesn auto zoom in you stay in same view if you choose.
immersion is what i love in big open world games and why i play them
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 08:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: There was atleast 6-7 new quest lines when i loaded up my save on FO4

Ahhhh.....I play with mods and had to start over as my load was corrupted so I had to start from scratch, so I got spammed with like 20 quests when I left the vault and didn't know which were my mods, but didn't assume ANY of them were actually new from Beth.  

I'll have to make a point to scroll down my quest list and complete any I don't recognize.  Thanks for the heads up.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 09:38 AM)Stewy Wrote: Ahhhh.....I play with mods and had to start over as my load was corrupted so I had to start from scratch, so I got spammed with like 20 quests when I left the vault and didn't know which were my mods, but didn't assume ANY of them were actually new from Beth.  

I'll have to make a point to scroll down my quest list and complete any I don't recognize.  Thanks for the heads up.

I only completed 1 so far let me see if i can find the names of them...  
When Pigs Fly
Pyromanic
Crucible
All Hallows Eve
Echoes of the Past
Best of Three
Speak of the Devil

are what i believe are the new quest.
Reply/Quote

Some quality of life changes the big one being terrain and city map fixes. I think the ground vehicles will probabaly come out in Shattered Space.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 08:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah a little to much focus on making things Realistic...   i like video games being video games.     that being said if i have a choice of 2 similar games id likely play the one that looks better but Gameplay/Story should always be king.   i still play point and click adventures lol so it 

I am really against squares strategy with the FVII remake of splitting into 3 full priced releases..  an hope this doesnt become a trend.

I was skeptical myself, part of the reason why I waited until the 2nd came out to buy a bundle of the two. Having finished the first, I think I can say they've justified it. Just started 2, and I'm worried about facing the same "big bad" for three games straight, so I'll see how it pans out. 2nd seems to have improved upon the same formula from the first entry, but I still find myself thinking "can I play now?" during some of these long expositional scenes. 

I think the Souls games have spoiled RPGs for me to a certain extent. As involved as they were, you always feel like you're actively playing the game. 
Reply/Quote
I'm waiting for them to update Fallout 3.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The new Remnant 2 DLC was pretty good

Almost finished Evil west.
Reply/Quote