Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump blue State Rally Draws 80K to 100K
It appears Trump supporters are in blue states also. His rally drew an estimated 80K to 100K voters. To put in perspective, it is more people than Biden has drawn at all rallies or speeches he has had since 2020.

Trump gets more done on one Saturday night getting voters to register for him than it takes the DNC 30 days. The top 2 issues when attendees were asked were the economy and the border. The rally was held in Wildwood NJ., an area Obama carried in 2016.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-holds-massive-beachfront-campaign-rally-raucous-new-jersey-crowd-were-going-to-win

WILDWOOD, N.J. — Former President Trump held a raucous rally in New Jersey, where on Saturday he confidently predicted he would easily win the Garden State on Election Day in November.

"We’re going to win New Jersey," the GOP frontrunner told the crowd to exuberant cheers. U.S. Rep. Jeff Van Drew, R-N.J., who briefly shared the stage with Trump, dubbed the event as the largest political rally in the state of New Jersey. A spokesperson for the City of Wildwood told the Associated Press she estimated there were between 80,000 and 100,000 people at the rally.

Trump devoted much of his rally to attacking his Democratic rival, President Biden, whom he called a "moron" and the "worst president that we’ve ever had."

"As you can see today, we’re expanding the electoral map because … we’re going to win the state of New Jersey," Trump said. "I think we’re going to win them all. All across America, millions of people, so-called blue states, are joining our movement based on love, intelligence, and a thing called common sense."

Trump took aim at Biden’s economic and border policies.

"The Biden price hikes are continuing to drain over $1,000 from the typical New Jersey family budget every single month," Trump said, noting that the price of everything from hot dogs, to chicken, to gasoline and bacon, has gone up because of inflation.

"On day one, we will throw out Bidenomics, and we will reinstate MAGAnomics," he said. "And we’re going to bring manufacturing, tourism, and other industries back to New Jersey like we’ve never seen before."

Several times, Trump goaded the rowdy crowd.

"You look at the Afghanistan disaster, you look at the border, you look at the economy — the real economy, not the fake economy — everything [Democrats] touch turns to what?" Trump asked the crowd, prompting the crowd to shout: "S---!"

Trump also attacked Biden’s response to the Israel-Hamas war in Gaza and his alleged acquiescence to anti-Israel protesters on college campuses.

"He’s surrendering our college campuses to anarchists, jihadist freaks and anti-American extremists who are trying to tear down our American flag. They want to tear down every single place they go," Trump said, before calling on Biden and the Democratic National Committee, "to return the donations of all antisemites, American haters, and financiers of chaos on our campuses."

Pennsylvania also had a strong showing Saturday, based on attendees' cheers when asked if there were any Keystone State voters at the rally. Pennsylvania is expected to again play a key role in deciding the election after throwing support for Trump in 2016, and going blue in 2020.

People gather ahead of a campaign rally for Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump in Wildwood, N.J., Saturday. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

The rally comes as the GOP frontrunner is facing dozens of felony charges in four separate criminal cases with the election less than six months away. The conclusion of Trump's criminal trial will see the former president either convicted or acquitted of the charges.

Hours before he was scheduled to take the stage, thousands of Trump loyalists donning "Never Surrender" T-shirts and red "Make America Great Again" hats crowded onto the sand between the boardwalk and carnival rides to greet the former Republican president.

Many attendees who spoke to Fox News said they believe Trump could flip the Garden State in November, when he hopes to take back the White House for a second term.

Most attendees who spoke to Fox News Digital listed the border and the economy as two of their top concerns going into November.

Trump's extraordinary legal woes, which include three other unrelated criminal cases, have emerged as a central issue in the campaign.

Wildwood is in New Jersey's 2nd District, which Van Drew has represented for three terms and covers all or part of six counties in southern New Jersey. It went for Trump in 2016 and again in 2020 after earlier backing Barack Obama.

Trump is set to return to the courtroom next week, when key prosecution witness Michael Cohen, Trump's fixer-turned-foe, is expected to take the witness stand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 11:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears Trump supporters are in blue states also. His rally drew an estimated 80K to 100K voters. To put in perspective, it is more people than Biden has drawn at all rallies or speeches he has had since 2020.

Trump gets more done on one Saturday night getting voters to register for him than it takes the DNC 30 days. The top 2 issues when attendees were asked were the economy and the border. The rally was held in Wildwood NJ., an area Obama carried in 2016.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-holds-massive-beachfront-campaign-rally-raucous-new-jersey-crowd-were-going-to-win

WILDWOOD, N.J. — Former President Trump held a raucous rally in New Jersey, where on Saturday he confidently predicted he would easily win the Garden State on Election Day in November.

"We’re going to win New Jersey," the GOP frontrunner told the crowd to exuberant cheers. U.S. Rep. Jeff Van Drew, R-N.J., who briefly shared the stage with Trump, dubbed the event as the largest political rally in the state of New Jersey. A spokesperson for the City of Wildwood told the Associated Press she estimated there were between 80,000 and 100,000 people at the rally.

Trump devoted much of his rally to attacking his Democratic rival, President Biden, whom he called a "moron" and the "worst president that we’ve ever had."

"As you can see today, we’re expanding the electoral map because … we’re going to win the state of New Jersey," Trump said. "I think we’re going to win them all. All across America, millions of people, so-called blue states, are joining our movement based on love, intelligence, and a thing called common sense."  

Trump took aim at Biden’s economic and border policies.

"The Biden price hikes are continuing to drain over $1,000 from the typical New Jersey family budget every single month," Trump said, noting that the price of everything from hot dogs, to chicken, to gasoline and bacon, has gone up because of inflation.

"On day one, we will throw out Bidenomics, and we will reinstate MAGAnomics," he said. "And we’re going to bring manufacturing, tourism, and other industries back to New Jersey like we’ve never seen before."

Several times, Trump goaded the rowdy crowd.

"You look at the Afghanistan disaster, you look at the border, you look at the economy — the real economy, not the fake economy — everything [Democrats] touch turns to what?" Trump asked the crowd, prompting the crowd to shout: "S---!"

Trump also attacked Biden’s response to the Israel-Hamas war in Gaza and his alleged acquiescence to anti-Israel protesters on college campuses.

"He’s surrendering our college campuses to anarchists, jihadist freaks and anti-American extremists who are trying to tear down our American flag. They want to tear down every single place they go," Trump said, before calling on Biden and the Democratic National Committee, "to return the donations of all antisemites, American haters, and financiers of chaos on our campuses."

Pennsylvania also had a strong showing Saturday, based on attendees' cheers when asked if there were any Keystone State voters at the rally. Pennsylvania is expected to again play a key role in deciding the election after throwing support for Trump in 2016, and going blue in 2020.

People gather ahead of a campaign rally for Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump in Wildwood, N.J., Saturday. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

The rally comes as the GOP frontrunner is facing dozens of felony charges in four separate criminal cases with the election less than six months away. The conclusion of Trump's criminal trial will see the former president either convicted or acquitted of the charges.

Hours before he was scheduled to take the stage, thousands of Trump loyalists donning "Never Surrender" T-shirts and red "Make America Great Again" hats crowded onto the sand between the boardwalk and carnival rides to greet the former Republican president.

Many attendees who spoke to Fox News said they believe Trump could flip the Garden State in November, when he hopes to take back the White House for a second term.

Most attendees who spoke to Fox News Digital listed the border and the economy as two of their top concerns going into November.

Trump's extraordinary legal woes, which include three other unrelated criminal cases, have emerged as a central issue in the campaign.

Wildwood is in New Jersey's 2nd District, which Van Drew has represented for three terms and covers all or part of six counties in southern New Jersey. It went for Trump in 2016 and again in 2020 after earlier backing Barack Obama.

Trump is set to return to the courtroom next week, when key prosecution witness Michael Cohen, Trump's fixer-turned-foe, is expected to take the witness stand.

Lots of them.  He got a lot of votes her in Pennsylvania and won the county I live in and most of the surrounding counties.

He also lost the state because more people voted against him than attended his rallies.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I thought Trump couldn't campaign because he was involved in a criminal trial.
Reply/Quote
Cape May County, New Jersey is a +16 Trump area. You should know by now he only goes to red locales, even if in a blue state.

More realistic estimates of the crowd size, than that, was that it was half the touted number but whatever stokes Trump’s ego. We should know from 2020, the only crowd size that matters is that in the final vote tally

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Trump supporters travel better than Steeler fans.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 11:53 AM)Stewy Wrote: Trump supporters travel better than Steeler fans.

I remember when Obama drew big crowds and conservatives assured me that only politicians who appeal to the most unemployed, shiftless, and loser-ey of voters could possibly have so many folks with "nothing better to do" show up.  Apparently taking time out of your life to go to a political rally while simultaneously complaining that you can't afford groceries is something alphas do now.  Whine less and work harder....er, unless a democrat is in office in which case it's totally understandable that you need to go chant at big government to bail you out.

On the other side of this, when I was at my lowest I was living outside of Chicago in a run down house and one of my housemates was asking me if I wanted to go to the occupy this and that movement thing in the city with him and I sort of diplomatically said that I had to work both of my jobs that day, without adding that I had a little bit of faith in my own ability to work my way out of having to live with people like him and even less faith in my protesting fixing anything.

But yes, good point/joke with the Steeler fans thing because I recall Steeler fans taking over another team's stadium being met with "Of course Steeler fans are everywhere, everyone from Pittsburgh fled that shithole decades ago."  Of course if/when your team takes over a stadium it's because everyone knows your team is awesomesauce and the fans are super great and the best. 
Reply/Quote
Nothing screams politics have become a spectator sport quite like tens of thousands of grown adults screaming at a campaign rally. No doubt these people are some of our most rational, informed voters.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 04:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Nothing screams politics have become a spectator sport quite like tens of thousands of grown adults screaming at a campaign rally.  No doubt these people are some of our most rational, informed voters.

and wearing "Real Men wear Diapers"  tee shirts.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 05:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: and wearing "Real Men wear Diapers"  tee shirts.  LOL

While I respect a good troll [which they failed miserably at], that's kind of a "jokes on you" if you wear that shirt.

Reply/Quote
Since nobody else is going to give any effort to this discussion other than Pally, I will add this. I wouldn't put too much into crowd sizes. During COVID, Biden was lucky to pull 100 people at some events while Trump pulled thousands. Then election day came. In the spirit of Paul Harvey, "and now you know the rest of the story."

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 11:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lots of them.  He got a lot of votes her in Pennsylvania and won the county I live in and most of the surrounding counties.

He also lost the state because more people voted against him than attended his rallies.

Hmmm........Trump got almost 75 million votes. He had great rallies, but I have call BS on you. Your math is worse than fuzzy. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 12:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought Trump couldn't campaign because he was involved in a criminal trial.

He can't campaign 4 days a week.

but Biden has all 7 days to campaign because Lord knows someone else is running the country and Biden is just a puppet. Do you ever wonder who is pulling Biden's strings?

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 11:53 AM)Stewy Wrote: Trump supporters travel better than Steeler fans.

We call it passion for Trump. Biden voters on the other hand don't even show up in cities he campaigns. I think I did see 25 people at an event once who were not staged by the campaign.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 04:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Nothing screams politics have become a spectator sport quite like tens of thousands of grown adults screaming at a campaign rally.  No doubt these people are some of our most rational, informed voters.

Your mentality Trump supporters are stupid cost HRC in 2016, but please keep saying it as it adds fuel to a base already stoked. 

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Since nobody else is going to give any effort to this discussion other than Pally, I will add this. I wouldn't put too much into crowd sizes. During COVID, Biden was lucky to pull 100 people at some events while Trump pulled thousands. Then election day came. In the spirit of Paul Harvey, "and now you know the rest of the story."

I don't disagree, but liberals fail to see Trump supporters know the Trump and Biden policies now. Biden can't run on policy, only on Trump is a bad man. It is ironic after all of the crap liberals lied about concerning Trump. They lied about Russia Gate. They lied about the Ukraine call, then when Biden openly does the same with Israel, they defend him.

In time, we will see who wins. As of today, Trump kills Biden on the top 2 issues, the economy and immigration. I see no way for him to overcome those issues less than 6 months out as the economy is getting worse and immigration Biden has let in over 10 million illegal immigrants since 2021 who have murdered, robbed and stolen benefits and jobs from voters.

He was not winning swing states back in 2020 at this moment in time, Biden was winning them in the polls. Liberals think the polls are no barometer and ignore them, I did not ignore them in 2020 and do not now. I knew 2020 leaned Biden as the polls told me so. 

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 07:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't disagree, but liberals fail to see Trump supporters know the Trump and Biden policies now. Biden can't run on policy, only on Trump is a bad man.

I get that, and makes sense. Yesterday, my wife went to Walmart to get some potting soil and she came home and told me some man who seemed to be from the south side of the Texas border came at her asking for money, with a child sitting on the corner with him. It wasn't so much that he asked for money, it was the way he approached her car, as if he was demanding it. He wasn't yelling in English. Today, we went back to get sand, and there was a guy with a child on the corner. I asked her if it was him and she said yes, but that wasn't the same child. The dude was yelling at people. He yelled at us but, I had the windows up and couldn't hear what he said.

If he is an illegal, and this happens more and more around here, I can tell you Ohio is going to Trump. We are not used to that around here. I live in Indiana, that state will always bleed red. Ohio? Not so much. So, we will see.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 07:58 AM)pally Wrote: Cape May County, New Jersey is a +16 Trump area.  You should know by now he only goes to red locales, even if in a blue state.

More realistic estimates of the crowd size, than that, was that it was half the touted number but whatever stokes Trump’s ego. We should know from 2020, the only crowd size that matters is that in the final vote tally

Or maybe pally lies or likes to spread misinformation to stroke her ego or her TDS.

Trump reportedly rallied between 80k and 100k supporters in Wildwood on Saturday according to the Associated Press

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 07:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He can't campaign 4 days a week.

but Biden has all 7 days to campaign because Lord knows someone else is running the country and Biden is just a puppet. Do you ever wonder who is pulling Biden's strings?

As I've said before, if someone other than Biden is calling the shots that's a good thing.  Let the mystery be. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 08:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or maybe pally lies or likes to spread misinformation to stroke her ego or her TDS.

Trump reportedly rallied between 80k and 100k supporters in Wildwood on Saturday according to the Associated Press

The AP quoted someone.  That is the number given out by the Trump campaign which we know regularly exaggerates crowd sizes
Biden got almost 83 million and the majority of electoral votes too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 07:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your mentality Trump supporters are stupid cost HRC in 2016, but please keep saying it as it adds fuel to a base already stoked. 

I literally don't know any intelligent person that would be caught dead at a campaign rally.   And I'm not only talking about Trump, I mean all political rallies in general.

Literally should all be wearing "I'm with stupid" signs.

Reply/Quote