Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trump banned from Colorado ballot
(12-21-2023, 04:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I know this is a typo, but the mental image it conjures up is hilarious.

(12-21-2023, 09:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You picturing holy man resurrection or necromancer raising the dead?

My assumption is more along the lines of the South Park kids...

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478hfi54tfwlery7tuna...y.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 06:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On topic:

Conservatives: Being indicted/arrested/impeached/removed from the ballot is going to make Trump more popular!

Also Conservatives: Let's do the exact same thing to Biden!

I’m not sure how to process that. I guess that means republicans are aware their party is intentionally supporting a major scumbag who has no business getting anyone’s vote while democrats appear to have higher standards and are much less likely to intentionally vote for a giant POS to hold the highest office on the land.
Reply/Quote
Standards....LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:41 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Standards....LOL

Funnier than anything that has ever been posted in the joke thread.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:41 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Standards....LOL

Comparatively the Democrats are quicker to kick out one of their own than the republicans are.

Add in the fact that the republicans still want P01135809 as their nominee, the people running against him won't even criticize him, and there is a group of currently elected republicans who openly support him and yeah...standards.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 11:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Comparatively the Democrats are quicker to kick out one of their own than the republicans are.

Bob Menendez says hello.

Quote:Add in the fact that the republicans still want P01135809 as their nominee, the people running against him won't even criticize him, and there is a group of currently elected republicans who openly support him and yeah...standards.

I think you'll find it's more GOP voters that want Trump to be the nominee.  I think privately many, if not most, GOP politicians would like to move on from him.  But hey, at least the GOP is having an actual primary.  Unlike the Dems, who are either going to nominate the current president without any sort of real primary, or they're going to pull a bait and switch late spring/early summer due to some BS excuse like health reasons.  Lots of stones can be thrown here and I don't see anyone not living in a glass house right now.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 12:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bob Menendez says hello.

All the Democrats who called for him to resign say Hi right back.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4219197-here-are-the-democrats-who-have-called-for-menendez-to-resign/#:~:text=Andy%20Kim%20(N.J.),not%20representing%20the%20Garden%20State.

(12-23-2023, 12:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think you'll find it's more GOP voters that want Trump to be the nominee.  I think privately many, if not most, GOP politicians would like to move on from him.  But hey, at least the GOP is having an actual primary.  Unlike the Dems, who are either going to nominate the current president without any sort of real primary, or they're going to pull a bait and switch late spring/early summer due to some BS excuse like health reasons.  Lots of stones can be thrown here and I don't see anyone not living in a glass house right now.

If the gop cannot publicly condemn P01135809 than what you "think" they might say privately is moot.

As to a Democrat primary you rarely see those when an incumbent is running. That goes for both sides.

And that's a straw man anyway. The issue is P01135809 having multiple, multiple indictments, trials (some lost) and a history with how he handles losing elections vs...uh, someone wants to run against Biden as a Democrat I guess?

That's comparing a boulder to a pebble.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 01:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: All the Democrats who called for him to resign say Hi right back.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4219197-here-are-the-democrats-who-have-called-for-menendez-to-resign/#:~:text=Andy%20Kim%20(N.J.),not%20representing%20the%20Garden%20State.

Impressive, you literally moved the goalposts with your first response.  We went from this;

(12-23-2023, 11:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Comparatively the Democrats are quicker to kick out one of their own than the republicans are.

Just to be clear, stating someone should resign and "kicking them out" as you claimed in your first post are not synonymous.  Quite the self own.

Quote:If the gop cannot publicly condemn P01135809 than what you "think" they might say privately is moot.

If the Dems can't kick Menendez out then asking him to resign is moot.

Quote:As to a Democrat primary you rarely see those when an incumbent is running.  That goes for both sides.

And that's a straw man anyway. The issue is P01135809 having multiple, multiple indictments, trials (some lost) and a history with how he handles losing elections vs...uh, someone wants to run against Biden as a Democrat I guess?

That's comparing a boulder to a pebble.

At some point you guys will have to decide if the voters actually matter, or we should just take orders from our "superiors".  If the GOP primary voters want Trump then they should get Trump.  If they don't, then they shouldn't.  The GOP could have absolutely refused to allow Trump to be their nominee in 2016, it is permissible for the party to run whoever they like.  But they, instead, let the voters decide.  All your kvetching about GOP politicians "allowing" Trump to be the nominee rather reveals a servility to the ruling class that I find a bit odd.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 01:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Impressive, you literally moved the goalposts with your first response.  We went from this;

Just to be clear, stating someone should resign and "kicking them out" as you claimed in your first post are not synonymous.  Quite the self own.

If the Dems can't kick Menendez out then asking him to resign is moot.

At some point you guys will have to decide if the voters actually matter, or we should just take orders from our "superiors".  If the GOP primary voters want Trump then they should get Trump.  If they don't, then they shouldn't.  The GOP could have absolutely refused to allow Trump to be their nominee in 2016, it is permissible for the party to run whoever they like.  But they, instead, let the voters decide.  All your kvetching about GOP politicians "allowing" Trump to be the nominee rather reveals a servility to the ruling class that I find a bit odd.

I have never met someone, on line or in real life, who just LOOKS for an argument like you do.

I said kick out, yes.  I didn't specify who they kicked out.

You cited Menendez. Who has not been kicked out yet.

Who, indeed, they have not kicked out...but they have called for him to resign.  Two different situations.

Of course votes matter to "us guys". 

So change the constitution to change the 14th section 3. Make it so P01135809 or anyone can run.

Change any of it so you don't have to be 35, or an American.

Doesn't matter to me. Then there would be no arguments over the ballot.

But the "guys" you need to convince that votes matter at P01135809 and his maga cult.  They seem to think he didn't lose despite all the votes being counted.

I never once said that gop politicians are allowing P01135809 to be the nominee.  Not once.

I said people running against him won't criticize him (except Christy, but he's so hypocritical on the subject it doesn't matter).  I said currently elected politicians support him and his continued "it was rigged" narrative.

So you are arguing about things I never said or that you twisted to make an argument...again.

I only responded because your lies tend to get repeated a lot around here.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 01:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: At some point you guys will have to decide if the voters actually matter, or we should just take orders from our "superiors".  If the GOP primary voters want Trump then they should get Trump.  If they don't, then they shouldn't.  The GOP could have absolutely refused to allow Trump to be their nominee in 2016, it is permissible for the party to run whoever they like.  But they, instead, let the voters decide.  All your kvetching about GOP politicians "allowing" Trump to be the nominee rather reveals a servility to the ruling class that I find a bit odd.

Yes and no. If there is a constitutional provision that disqualifies someone from holding office, then they shouldn't be able to vote for them, no matter how much they may want him in office. That is what this discussion is about. We wouldn't be saying the same thing if it was a question of age or citizenship status, would we? What about if people tried to put the Governator on the ballot? Would you make the same argument? That is what we are talking about, here, a qualification for the office.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 01:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes and no. If there is a constitutional provision that disqualifies someone from holding office, then they shouldn't be able to vote for them, no matter how much they may want him in office. That is what this discussion is about. We wouldn't be saying the same thing if it was a question of age or citizenship status, would we? What about if people tried to put the Governator on the ballot? Would you make the same argument? That is what we are talking about, here, a qualification for the office.

Indeed, but that wasn't the issue I was responding to in that post.  As you have previously, and correctly stated, this is not cut and dry like being thirty-five or older or being born a US citizen.  Some people in this thread are using the appellate court ruling like it's indisputable truth instead of a legal opinion different than that of the original trial judge.  There's a lot of grey area here that is subject to interpretation.  Most telling of all is that if SCOTUS overrules the appellate court decision then the same people currently applauding the current decision will be lambasting the SCOTUS as partisan actors.  All while completely overlooking that the CO appellate court is comprised entirely of Dem appointees.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/know-court-disqualified-trump-primary-ballot-colorado-rcna130583

Justices on the high court are appointed by the governor, and the current slate of justices were all appointed by Democratic governors in the largely blue state, which Joe Biden won by almost 14 points in 2020.

As you've stated, there's no way to keep the stink of politics off this process, whether the judges in question are actually impartial or not.  That being the case the wise decision would be to allow the actual voters to decide.  The whole effort to remove Trump from ballots via the justice system was a horrible idea to begin with.  The optics are terrible and will only further worsen public trust in our systems.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 01:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have never met someone, on line or in real life, who just LOOKS for an argument like you do.

This is rich coming from the person who refers to Trump as P01135809, just dying to provoke a reaction from other posters for doing it.  I know in your mind you'll view my mentioning it as proof that it bothers me.  It doesn't.  I just see it for what it is, a passive aggressive way to needle people who like Trump.  I'd comment further but you're getting emotional so I'll leave it at that.

Reply/Quote

Bob Menendez/Hunter Biden 2024

(12-23-2023, 01:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes and no. If there is a constitutional provision that disqualifies someone from holding office, then they shouldn't be able to vote for them, no matter how much they may want him in office. That is what this discussion is about. We wouldn't be saying the same thing if it was a question of age or citizenship status, would we? What about if people tried to put the Governator on the ballot? Would you make the same argument? That is what we are talking about, here, a qualification for the office.

I'd joke, but I can almost see American voters wanting to take Javier Milei from Argentina like an NFL fanbase wants to grab a high-profile free agent from another team.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 02:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is rich coming from the person who refers to Trump as P01135809, just dying to provoke a reaction from other posters for doing it.  I know in your mind you'll view my mentioning it as proof that it bothers me.  It doesn't.  I just see it for what it is, a passive aggressive way to needle people who like Trump.  I'd comment further but you're getting emotional so I'll leave it at that.

1) As the first POTUS with a mugshot I find it funny and sad at the same time and worth repeating.
2) I see no need to refer to him by name every again.
3) How others react to it is up to them.  
4) It's not all about you.  I responded to you quoting me.
4a) If I *wanted* to upset you I could and would.  That is unneeded on the boards and not something I would want to do intentionally.
5) Always nice to see you still think you know what's in my mind.  It's also amusing and sad at the same time.
5a) Not sure how *I* got emotional by responding directly to everything you made up that I said with the actual facts.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 04:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: 4a) If I *wanted* to upset you I could and would.  That is unneeded on the boards and not something I would want to do intentionally.

Good lord, could you be anymore full of yourself?  

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 05:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Good lord, could you be anymore full of yourself?  

LOL

No one, and I mean NO ONE, on this board is more full of themselves than you.

Un-freakin'-believable.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

I find this to be a false equivalency. Maybe they should have already kicked him out, which might be tough to do since he is duly elected and as of now not yet convicted, but this has little to do with the Trump situation. Democrats actually distance themselves up to calls for resigning. They do not call Menendez a genius, a savior heroically drawing the ire of the powerful on him by being an advocate for the people, a person unfairly persecuted by elites and the ruling class, they do not call law officials that look into Menendez political activists, corrupt, unamerican and a threat to the nation, they do not question the integrity of every person involved in the legal process, they do not accuse the press reporting about the Menendez case of inventing blindly partisan hit pieces, being untruthful and biased and inferior to FOX or even an enemy of the people. Pretty much all relevant GOP politicians, to varying degrees, do/follow Trump's lead on all of that inciteful stuff and more to defend their guy, and whoever would dare to be illoyal and say differently is called a RINO and gets ousted. These are lengths democrats did not go through with Menendez at all. In a compararative assessment, these two instances can not be put on the same step of nefariousness - or being attributed to equally low standards. Not that the democrats have the highest of them, certainly not. But - for now - not that bad.

Not to mention that the underlying deeds, as bad as corruption certainly is, don't compare all that well to begin with. Trump not only has his own weird examples of possible corruption on him, his son in law and quite some members of his circles as well, but more notably did not accept election results, wanted to pressure several people up to state secretaries to find him votes, fired heads of DOJ till he found one who would put out fraudulent stements about the election's validity, arguably helped inciting a violent riot when his VP refused to participate in shenanigans, followed fake elector schemes, took highly classified documents, then lied about it and did not want to give them back, and then some. That, in my view at least, is more dangerous a s the alleged (and probably true) accusations against Menendez. Without having a solid instance as proof of course since no democrat ever dared to do all that, I feel confident to argue that the same kind of behaviour would not be acceptable for Democrats and their voters, as of now at least.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: I find this to be a false equivalency. Maybe they should have already kicked him out, which might be tough to do since he is duly elected and as of now not yet convicted, but this has little to do with the Trump situation. Democrats actually distance themselves up to calls for resigning. They do not call Menendez a genius, a savior heroically drawing the ire of the powerful on him by being an advocate for the people, a person unfairly persecuted by elites and the ruling class, they do not call law officials that look into Menendez political activists, corrupt, unamerican and a threat to the nation, they do not question the integrity of every person involved in the legal process, they do not accuse the press reporting about the Menendez case of inventing blindly partisan hit pieces, being untruthful and biased and inferior to FOX or even an enemy of the people. Pretty much all relevant GOP politicians, to varying degrees, do/follow Trump's lead on all of that inciteful stuff and more to defend their guy, and whoever would dare to be illoyal and say differently is called a RINO and gets ousted. These are lengths democrats did not go through with Menendez at all. In a compararative assessment, these two instances can not be put on the same step of nefariousness - or being attributed to equally low standards. Not that the democrats have the highest of them, certainly not. But - for now - not that bad.

Not to mention that the underlying deeds, as bad as corruption certainly is, don't compare all that well to begin with. Trump not only has his own weird examples of possible corruption on him, his son in law and quite some members of his circles as well, but more notably did not accept election results, wanted to pressure several people up to state secretaries to find him votes, fired heads of DOJ till he found one who would put out fraudulent stements about the election's validity, arguably helped inciting a violent riot when his VP refused to participate in shenanigans, followed fake elector schemes, took highly classified documents, then lied about it and did not want to give them back, and then some. That, in my view at least, is more dangerous a s the alleged (and probably true) accusations against Menendez. Without having a solid instance as proof of course since no democrat ever dared to do all that, I feel confident to argue that the same kind of behaviour would not be acceptable for Democrats and their voters, as of now at least.

My response was to Dino saying the Dems are more likely to "kick someone out" than the GOP.  My statement on Menendez is directly ties to that.  In no way would I try and draw an equivalency to the actions of Menendez, while abhorrent, to Trump's which are unprecedented in their awfulness.  I would add a point I have made before, that a large percentage of GOP pols would like to very much move on from Trump.  The fact that their own voters won't let them makes it rather difficult.  I would add, and stress this does not excuse, that the Dems have done everything they can, until recently, to keep Trump as the face of the GOP.  We've discussed this before, that the Dems are playing with fire by propping up Trump and his MAGA endorsees.  Even the thread topic is doing more to keep Trump relevant, and ultimately more electable, and even an empty headed moron like Gavin Newsome can see that.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-12-23/governor-newsom-on-trump-california-ballot

“There is no doubt that Donald Trump is a threat to our liberties and even to our democracy,” Newsom said, “but in California, we defeat candidates at the polls. Everything else is a political distraction.”

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 03:56 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dude lied and tried to abuse his power and take over the country against the will of the people.

3rd world shithole country type stuff

Yet Smith never indicted him of anything related to Jan. 6. There is a reason Trump is winning voters, they see what Democrats have done and are trying to do by keeping a leading candidate leading their candidate in national and swing state polls off the ballot for a crime he did not convict nor was ever charged with committing. That is 3rd world shithole stuff.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 10:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yet Smith never indicted him of anything related to Jan. 6. There is a reason Trump is winning voters, they see what Democrats have done and are trying to do by keeping a leading candidate leading their candidate in national and swing state polls off the ballot for a crime he did not convict nor was ever charged with committing. That is 3rd world shithole stuff.

He was indicted on the fake elector schemes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote