Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trump Found LIABLE
(05-09-2023, 09:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now Pally, was he really found "guilty"?  I mean it was a civil suit, and not a criminal case.  It seems to me that he was found 'liable' by a judge in a non-criminal case.  Perhaps edit the thread title?

Liability means when an individual is held legally responsible for their actions; however, it is not a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt.  So he's still labeled as a sex offender just not in a criminal sense and that is only due to the statute of limitations which in this instance was 5-yrs in New York. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 09:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well then, I stand corrected.  

The jury consisted of 6 men and 3 women.  The verdict had to be unanimous.  Based on what I heard about their questionnaires no one was rabidly anti-Trump and at least one only got his news from a right-wing radio show

I think it is most telling how quickly they arrived at a verdict.  Less than 3 hours for a verdict and award means they were unanimous at the first or second vote.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 10:35 PM)pally Wrote: The jury consisted of 6 men and 3 women.  The verdict had to be unanimous.  Based on what I heard about their questionnaires no one was rabidly anti-Trump and at least one only got his news from a right-wing radio show

I think it is most telling how quickly they arrived at a verdict.  Less than 3 hours for a verdict and award means they were unanimous at the first or second vote.  

At this point I'd almost believe that Trump-supporting jurors would be fine voting "guilty/liable" if that's what they believe just by virtue of knowing that Trump supporters won't care and/or like Trump even more because of it. 

It's also wacky that stuff like this is going on in a country where we have a right to an attorney, yet a lot of Americans refuse that right because they think talking to a lawyer makes them look guilty. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 10:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: At this point I'd almost believe that Trump-supporting jurors would be fine voting "guilty/liable" if that's what they believe just by virtue of knowing that Trump supporters won't care and/or like Trump even more because of it. 

It's also wacky that stuff like this is going on in a country where we have a right to an attorney, yet a lot of Americans refuse that right because they think talking to a lawyer makes them look guilty. 

I read earlier that there's a "Me too" movement about to happen with Trump as it did with Weinstein and Epstein.  Over 30 more women are now accusing Donald Trump of sexually assaulting them now that a court in New York has labeled him as a sexual predator. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In 2016 Trump would have lost support if he weren't rich, but I feel like evidence that he is flat broke could be released tomorrow and the MAGA fans would just say "Trump had all his billions stolen by the crooked IRS because they're afraid of him, let's give him all our money and support him even harder!"

Trump has figured out a way to be declared a winner when he wins and to be declared a winner when he loses.

If Trump raped someone on 5th Avenue, would he even lose a vote? Or maybe this is one is a bridge too far, even for MAGA
We'll see. The RWM, which generally amplifies Trump rationales for why the media reports his constant wrongdoing, is still somewhat in
disarray from the Dominion suit and the Tucker firing. If they get their bearings quickly enough and explain how this judgment
proves just how much the MSM hates Trump, he could continue to lead everyone else in the GOP field, even if he loses 5%. But I don't
think that is a certainty right now. Newsmax may be the bellwhether on this one, not Fox.

As far as 2016, I think his wealth, or the myth of it, helped get him elected; lots of people really bought the whole Apprentice schtick.
Like they were seeing a real-life, self-made billionaire operating with "killer business instinct," not an actor following a script. Fodder for Trump University and other grift.

Once he got the support, though, I don't think it was about wealth. I think the unfiltered comments and behavior made him 
"authentic" to a Fox-groomed audience, constantly disappointed in traditional Republicans in a party ratcheting rightwards
every election. Those phonies would never outright call Mexicans "rapists." He speaks for the unfiltered, and those who don't care
if he does, so long as we cut taxes and keep drilling.
Reply/Quote
Good chance to triple down. And say I voted for the guy who said he is a serial sexual assaulter on camera. And I’ll vote for him a third time even after being found liable in court in 2023 for this sexual assault.

I don’t know about y’all, but I do it for the children. I mean how could there possibly be a better role model for this country’s youth than a POTUS who is a lying conman serial sexual assaulter?

Family values and Jesus and stuff ya know.
Reply/Quote
If there is money, people will try to get it by any means.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
He probably has 5 million dollars in his "stop the steal" slush fund.

Unless he already spent it on a different pet project unrelated to the 2020 election.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:22 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: If there is money, people will try to get it by any means.

Well she's going to have 5 million bucks now, so she's open to people making up all sorts of false charges against her. 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:22 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: If there is money, people will try to get it by any means.

Is anyone accusing Jack Dangermond, George Soros, David Green, and Jeff Bezos of sexual assault to get their money? 

Seems to me that accusers tend to gravitate more towards men who think sexual assault has been around for a million
years, and so cannot decide whether that is unfortunate or FORTUNATE. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 10:57 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I read earlier that there's a "Me too" movement about to happen with Trump as it did with Weinstein and Epstein.  Over 30 more women are now accusing Donald Trump of sexually assaulting them now that a court in New York has labeled him as a sexual predator. 

I suppose it's a possibility.  Now that the image of invincibility has a bit of a blemish, it could be open season.  His credibility kind of sucks, anyway.

The even more fun part is that Guiliani is now in the crosshairs.  If the accusations against him prove true, it's a long overdue end for the career of a guy that was once a highly respected figure in American politics.  Trump has made a lot of questionable decisions, but I'll never understand the colossal lack of judgment that it must have taken for him to enlist a completely unhinged and likely drunken has-been like Rudy to advise him on anything of importance.  The dude was so crazy and decrepit that he was actually scary to watch in his TV spots.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 05:29 PM)samhain Wrote: I suppose it's a possibility.  Now that the image of invincibility has a bit of a blemish, it could be open season.  His credibility kind of sucks, anyway.

The even more fun part is that Guiliani is now in the crosshairs.  If the accusations against him prove true, it's a long overdue end for the career of a guy that was once a highly respected figure in American politics.  Trump has made a lot of questionable decisions, but I'll never understand the colossal lack of judgment that it must have taken for him to enlist a completely unhinged and likely drunken has-been like Rudy to advise him on anything of importance.  The dude was so crazy and decrepit that he was actually scary to watch in his TV spots.

Rudy told Trump he was the great thing since sliced bread and Trump's narcissism ate it up.   Yeah, the best was when Rudy was giving the press conference and his lies resulted in him having a visceral response causing him to sweat so much his bronzer started running down his face.  There was a meme stating, "Look Rudy is so full of crap, it's coming outta his pores." 
[Image: Rudy-Giuliani-1-95d6abcbed824b6cb57d332db5a5b762.jpg]
https://youtu.be/YnKgzXwAcWk
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:38 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Rudy told Trump he was the great thing since sliced bread and Trump's narcissism ate it up.   Yeah, the best was when Rudy was giving the press conference and his lies resulted in him having a visceral response causing him to sweat so much his bronzer started running down his face.  There was a meme stating, "Look Rudy is so full of crap, it's coming outta his pores." 
[Image: Rudy-Giuliani-1-95d6abcbed824b6cb57d332db5a5b762.jpg]
https://youtu.be/YnKgzXwAcWk

If he'd have quit after the 9-11 term as mayor, he'd still be discussed as a hero.  Probably.  I mean, unless he did a bunch of creepy stuff with staffers anyway.  Nevermind.

The Clintons absolutely obliterated this man's grip on sanity.  He was never the same person after he ran against her and had to drop out.  He's been a train wreck ever since.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In 2016 Trump would have lost support if he weren't rich, but I feel like evidence that he is flat broke could be released tomorrow and the MAGA fans would just say "Trump had all his billions stolen by the crooked IRS because they're afraid of him, let's give him all our money and support him even harder!"

Trump has figured out a way to be declared a winner when he wins and to be declared a winner when he loses.

Exactly.

Trump's supporters ultimately feel Trump is the guy who can and will push back against the traditional politicians in government, resulting in the "real change" his supporters want. They feel his willingness to do any kind of snaky workaround or stomp his feet to get what he wants is a good thing, and they don't care about his character if he ultimately can get the change they want to see.

And he, like any true manipulator, knows to get out in front of anything by claiming his view of the situation first, thereby forming bias among his base that the way he sees things is true (e.g. they are out to get me) even if evidence points otherwise. 
This is exactly how he handled the 2020 election claims of being stolen. He started claiming months before the election happened that if he lost it would be because it was rigged. But he knew that with COVID still very prevalent at the time that many more people were going to try to vote by mail, so he used that to his advantage brewing up his conspiracy theories.
His base had heard for months from him about reasons why he might lose, so when it actually happened, they immediately assumed it was because of why he said.

Dude may have been one of the richest people in the world for many years, but it's clear he isn't one to operate with integrity.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 09:31 PM)samhain Wrote: If he'd have quit after the 9-11 term as mayor, he'd still be discussed as a hero.  Probably.  I mean, unless he did a bunch of creepy stuff with staffers anyway.  Nevermind.

The Clintons absolutely obliterated this man's grip on sanity.  He was never the same person after he ran against her and had to drop out.  He's been a train wreck ever since.

Lest anyone, myself included, forget that I can change my mind THIS guy was my 2008 pick for president.  Ah well, live and learn. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 03:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lest anyone, myself included, forget that I can change my mind THIS guy was my 2008 pick for president.  Ah well, live and learn. 

It doesn't seem like it was long ago that he was a legit contender.  Due to his support for gay marriage in. his term as mayor of NYC, he was even considered a bit on the centrist-y side.  

Rudy just couldn't get out of his own way.
Reply/Quote
Trump can't get out of his own way either...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He just can’t help himself. Trump now claims E. Jean Carroll made a racist comment about her husband. <a href="https://t.co/7uNYnUD2yG">pic.twitter.com/7uNYnUD2yG</a></p>&mdash; Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) <a href="https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1660973645001261060?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 23, 2023</a></blockquote> 

He "doesn't even know her" but he remembers this?  Cool story bro.

Next he'll be telling us about his black friend who had the exact same thing happen to him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 03:51 PM)Dill Wrote: Is anyone accusing Jack Dangermond, George Soros, David Green, and Jeff Bezos of sexual assault to get their money? 

Seems to me that accusers tend to gravitate more towards men who think sexual assault has been around for a million
years, and so cannot decide whether that is unfortunate or FORTUNATE. 

Or how about right before last years AFC Championship game a bunch of female Bengals fans accuse Mahommes and a bunch of female chiefs fans accuse Burrow of sexual assault?

And why just women?  What is stopping every MAGA man woman and child from accusing every liberal celebrity and politician of sexual assault?

Conservatives need to all accuse George Soros of sexual assault. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 05:29 PM)samhain Wrote: I suppose it's a possibility.  Now that the image of invincibility has a bit of a blemish, it could be open season.  His credibility kind of sucks, anyway.

Sleazy people tend to gravitate towards other sleazy people. Look how many people in his circle are professionally or ethically corrupt.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over on the Carroll v Trump docket, CRAZY has entered the chat<a href="https://t.co/npbL0yJlCF">https://t.co/npbL0yJlCF</a> <a href="https://t.co/gIxEh4rJNP">pic.twitter.com/gIxEh4rJNP</a></p>&mdash; Liz Dye (@5DollarFeminist) <a href="https://twitter.com/5DollarFeminist/status/1664369636106805251?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2023</a></blockquote> 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote