Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trump Found LIABLE
Donald was found guilty for the sexual abuse of E Jean Carroll, though they found him not guilty of rape. She was awarded $2 million for that charge,

He was found guilty of defamation with wonton malice. She was awarded $3 million for that charge

Total award...$4 million

The jury was out less than 3 hours

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote: Donald was found guilty for the sexual abuse of E Jean Carroll, though they found him not guilty of rape.  She was awarded $2 million for that charge,

He was found guilty of defamation with wonton malice.  She was awarded $3 million for that charge

Total award...$4 million

I can assume there is an appeal process?

And technically I guess he wasn't "guilty" just "liable".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/05/09/donald-trump-liable-civil-sex-abuse-e-jean-carroll/70197179007/

Also he seems to be taking it well. Mellow

[Image: djt-liable-5-9-23.jpg]

Anyone who saw his deposition knew this would be the result. His inability to shut his mouth continues to hurt him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I can assume there is an appeal process?

And technically I guess he wasn't "guilty" just "liable".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/05/09/donald-trump-liable-civil-sex-abuse-e-jean-carroll/70197179007/

Also he seems to be taking it well.  Mellow

[Image: djt-liable-5-9-23.jpg]

Anyone who saw his deposition knew this would be the result.  His inability to shut his mouth continues to hurt him.

Attorney:  You said you like to walk up and grab women by the P****

Trump:  Well, when you're a star that's acceptable and that's what is done... It's happened for millions of years and men that are stars do it, fortunately, or unfortunately ya know. 

Attorney: Do you consider yourself to be a star?

Trump:  Well, yeah you could say that.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Case Closed.  What an idiot!   Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 05:11 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Attorney:  You said you like to walk up and grab women by the P****

Trump:  Well when you're a star that's acceptable and that's what is done... It's happened for millions of years and men that are stars do it, fortunately, or unfortunately ya know. 

Attorney: Do you consider yourself to be a star?

Trump:  Well, yeah you could say that.

Case Closed.  What an idiot!   Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I know it's hyperbole, but it'd be amusing if Trump lost some of the evangelicals from this statement.  Not from admitting he premeditatedly uses his elevated position to repeatedly and unapologetically sexually assault women, but that by admitting people have been around for more than 6,000 years old.

Bonus fun points for conservatives even bothering to act like the justice system is going after Trump because he's a republican when they could just say that Trump did this back when he was not a republican from Florida, but a dastardly democrat from NYC.  He's clearly repented and the demon that possessed him to commit crime like the left-wing city dweller he WAS is no longer within him.

Extra bonus points for Sleepy Trump being unable to identify his ex wife from a woman who was accusing him of rape.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 05:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know it's hyperbole, but it'd be amusing if Trump lost some of the evangelicals from this statement.  Not from admitting he premeditatedly uses his elevated position to repeatedly and unapologetically sexually assault women, but that by admitting people have been around for more than 6,000 years old.

Bonus fun points for conservatives even bothering to act like the justice system is going after Trump because he's a republican when they could just say that Trump did this back when he was not a republican from Florida, but a dastardly democrat from NYC.  He's clearly repented and the demon that possessed him to commit crime like the left-wing city dweller he WAS is no longer within him.

Extra bonus points for Sleepy Trump being unable to identify his ex wife from a woman who was accusing him of rape.

When Trump was asked directly under oath, "Do you think it's acceptable to walk up and grab women by the P****?"  
Trump answered, "Yes, when you're a star it's acceptable and it's happened for millions of years, fortunately, or unfortunately. "  
When asked, "Do you considerer yourself to be a star?"  
Trump answers, "YES, you could say that"

So I really don't see how any evangelical or person who considers themselves remotely Christian or conservative could support a man like this.  He's lost even more of the female electorate with these statements. There are plenty of young Republicans that aren't in their late 70s and don't have this kind of baggage as Trump that should be running for the GOP nomination.  By supporting a slimeball such as Trump, it just shows today's GOP isn't your granddaddy's party of Ronald Reagan. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 05:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know it's hyperbole, but it'd be amusing if Trump lost some of the evangelicals from this statement.  Not from admitting he premeditatedly uses his elevated position to repeatedly and unapologetically sexually assault women, but that by admitting people have been around for more than 6,000 years old.

(05-09-2023, 05:58 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: When Trump was asked directly under oath, "Do you think it's acceptable to walk up and grab women by the P****?"  
Trump answered, "Yes, when you're a star it's acceptable and it's happened for millions of years, fortunately, or unfortunately. "  
When asked, "Do you considerer yourself to be a star?"  
Trump answers, "YES, you could say that"

So I really don't see how any evangelical or person who considers themselves remotely Christian or conservative could support a man like this.  He's lost even more of the female electorate with these statements. There are plenty of young Republicans that aren't in their late 70s and don't have this kind of baggage as Trump that should be running for the GOP nomination.  By supporting a slimeball such as Trump, it just shows today's GOP isn't your granddaddy's party of Ronald Reagan. 

Elon's toy now fills every feed with the worst the right wing has to offer whether you like it or not.  So I get to see "really smart" people like this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nope actually gained more</p>&mdash; THE Nana (@boden_nana) <a href="https://twitter.com/boden_nana/status/1656022847179956235?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 9, 2023</a></blockquote> 

Trump's base will never leave him.  That's why I said he will never go away while he is alive despite being told he was done.
Reply/Quote
Can you declare bankruptcy and avoid paying? Embarrassingly I didn’t even realize this trial was going on.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can you declare bankruptcy and avoid paying? Embarrassingly I didn’t even realize this trial was going on.

Potentially, but that would involve a lot of scrutiny in his finances I would bet he doesn't want.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can you declare bankruptcy and avoid paying? Embarrassingly I didn’t even realize this trial was  going on.

He could try.  Alex Jones did.

But part of Trump's allure to his base is that he's a super successful billionaire.  

Plus odds are good he'll be grifting for money in a few hours.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 05:58 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: So I really don't see how any evangelical or person who considers themselves remotely Christian or conservative could support a man like this.  

You have got to be kidding me?  

The answer is because the Trumpettes, don't read data or transcripts, they listen to FOX, Trumps faux twitter account and the New York Post.  30-40% of the nation will never read/hear that sworn testimony, by way of willful ignorance.
Reply/Quote
How has he never heard of the woman to whom he just lost $5M?

Big time information gap there buddy. Not… Good….
Not good. At all…

Very big boo boo… The biggest.

They were CRYING.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Potentially, but that would involve a lot of scrutiny in his finances I would bet he doesn't want.

‘Twas just a joke
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: He could try.  Alex Jones did.

But part of Trump's allure to his base is that he's a super successful billionaire.  

Yep - he begged his idiot base to repair his plane......75million later he's back in the air.

5 million is nothing to Trump's Sheeple.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: He could try.  Alex Jones did.

In 2016 Trump would have lost support if he weren't rich, but I feel like evidence that he is flat broke could be released tomorrow and the MAGA fans would just say "Trump had all his billions stolen by the crooked IRS because they're afraid of him, let's give him all our money and support him even harder!"

Trump has figured out a way to be declared a winner when he wins and to be declared a winner when he loses.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what Don is complaining about!!  He got justice!  Ninja

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: The jury in New York just REJECTED E. Jean Carroll’s rape claim against Donald Trump.<br><br>Justice.</p>&mdash; Ryan Fournier (@RyanAFournier) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanAFournier/status/1656015289698471936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 9, 2023</a></blockquote>
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can you declare bankruptcy and avoid paying? Embarrassingly I didn’t even realize this trial was  going on.

Because it wasn't a criminal trial, but a civil suit.  The judge in this case found in her favor.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote: Donald was found guilty for the sexual abuse of E Jean Carroll, though they found him not guilty of rape.  She was awarded $2 million for that charge,

He was found guilty of defamation with wonton malice.  She was awarded $3 million for that charge

Total award...$4 million

Now Pally, was he really found "guilty"?  I mean it was a civil suit, and not a criminal case.  It seems to me that he was found 'liable' by a judge in a non-criminal case.  Perhaps edit the thread title?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because it wasn't a criminal trial, but a civil suit.  The judge in this case found in her favor.

No. A jury found in her favor.

From the link I shared above:

Quote:Jury instructions

This is a civil case, not a criminal one. The jury was not asked to find Trump "guilty" or "not guilty," but whether he was liable for an attack on Carroll. They had several alternative verdicts to consider.

In written instructions, U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan asked jurors to decide whether the "preponderance of the evidence" shows that Trump "raped," "sexually abused," or "forcibly touched" Carroll. The jury checked "no" on the rape question.

The jury was also asked to determine if Trump's conduct was "willfully or wantonly negligent, reckless, or done with a conscious disregard of the rights of Ms. Carroll." It said yes.
Jurors also found that Trump's rhetorical attacks on Carroll in social media posts were "defamatory," "false," and made "with actual malice."

It took about three hours and was unanimous. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 09:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: No. A jury found in her favor.

From the link I shared above:

It took about three hours and was unanimous. 

Well then, I stand corrected.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because it wasn't a criminal trial, but a civil suit.  The judge in this case found in her favor.

I figured out that much.

Reply/Quote