Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Stormy kills Bragg case
(05-08-2024, 11:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bill Clinton was serviced in the oval office from a young intern. Yet, Democrats defended him. Clinton paid off Paula Jones who he allegedly raped. Clinton had money sexual scandals, yet Democrat base had no problem with it.

Why should Republicans care if Trump cheated on his wife? Why should anyone care? It has no bearing on his ability to run the US. We already know he did a great job and if not for a pandemic he would be the POTUS now. But good things come to those with patience, he will be beat Biden in November to the dismay of you and many others who act as though they have never sinned. 

You post as though you are the perfect human being. I know I sin; I know every person is a sinner. But we are saved bu the bllod of Jesus.

that's like saying Mrs Lincoln was enjoying the show before that unfortunate incident.

MAGA continuously ignores Trump's horrible 4th year.  The sign of a good President is how they respond to a crisis.  And what we learned is that Donald Trump couldn't lead anyone anywhere. It was the true test of his presidency and he failed spectacularly.

Anyone could have replicated Trump's first 3 years economically. He was handed a good economy and didn't screw it up until 2020 when he managed to crash it with his lack of preparedness and leadership during the pandemic.  But don't forget, he also failed to "repeal and replace" the ACA; he failed to pass an infrastructure bill; and he failed to have Mexico pay for his infamous wall...all things that were hallmark promises of his 2016 campaign.  Using your own standards for Joe Biden, some might say he LIED.  Additionally, his "leadership: further divided the country as he demonized and dehumanized anyone that wasn't a 100% blind loyal follower.

To be saved, one must first admit their failures and ask for forgiveness for his transgressions.  Can you name even once in his life that Donald Trump has done either?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 11:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why should Republicans care if Trump cheated on his wife? Why should anyone care? 

Actually, I'll address this because I agree with it and I've already pointed it out.  As you've said, no one cares if men cheat on their wives but Trump clearly was under the impression that people WOULD care and it would affect his chances of winning the 2016 which is why he paid a buttload of money and allegedly engaged in criminal action to hide it from people.

Trump committed a total bone headed blunder handling this, because he should have just openly admitted he cheated on his 3rd wife just like everyone knew he cheated on his first two, but instead he went through all this nonsense thinking anyone would give a rat's arse about his "sacred oath" to his 3rd wife.

So I guess my answer to the question "Why should Republicans care if Trump cheated on his wife? Why should anyone care?" is that you should ask Trump why he thought people would care, because he tried to prevent people from hearing about it.  Prior to the 2016 election Trump actually thought people would care about this stuff, which based upon both of our assessments, seems like a real dumbass conclusion on his part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 09:40 PM)pally Wrote: but you are ok with a trial judge Trump appointed to the bench running a trial for him or a Supreme Court with 3 Trump appointees hearing his appeals.  Oh and let us not forget Clarence Thomas and his wife who was knee deep in the Jan 6th conspiracies but he isn't conflicted.

Be real...Trump will whine about the trial not being far regardless of who the Judge is.  Remember the Trump University case...the Judge was of Mexican descent therefore couldn't be fair.  

Trump's followers will follow his clues like lemmings.  No trial for Trump will ever be fair because he is above the law

Absolutely none of this matters in regard to this case. What Trump thinks doesn't matter either. I know in my heart, regardless of guilt, we failed to give him a fair trial.

(05-08-2024, 10:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It figures that entire generations of minorities had to suffer through this, but we could only see it once it happened to a white billionaire. It actually reminds me of the time 35 years ago some of NYC's most elite and corrupt were wrongfully going after 5 men of color for a crime they didn't commit.  Some people were even calling for them to be put to death, and they weren't even found guilty.  Of course those NYC elitists didn't even apologize.  It's sad and pathetic, really.

This is an unnecessary remark because you know its not true. This is not a situation that was brought to light only because of the Trump case. I was referring in my first post about people's trust and opinions on the justice system. By your words, everyone was fine with it until Trump was brought up on charges and being tried by a weaponized justice system. You know that's incorrect.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 12:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Absolutely none of this matters in regard to this case. What Trump thinks doesn't matter either. I know in my heart, regardless of guilt, we failed to give him a fair trial.

"We"?

What has happened in this trial that is different than any other trial?

Charges are investigated and brought.  He has a defense team.  There is a judge and a jury.

Better yet, how many defendants get hold a press conference where they proclaim their innocence and how unfair everything is everyday, twice a day?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 12:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Absolutely none of this matters in regard to this case. What Trump thinks doesn't matter either. I know in my heart, regardless of guilt, we failed to give him a fair trial.

This is an unnecessary remark because you know its not true. This is not a situation that was brought to light only because of the Trump case. I was referring in my first post about people's trust and opinions on the justice system. By your words, everyone was fine with it until Trump was brought up on charges and being tried by a weaponized justice system. You know that's incorrect.

Well, I obviously disagree with all this but we'll just let it be.  We've both stated our sides. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://apnews.com/article/trump-trial-hush-money-stormy-daniels-manhattan-f4f26333698f3a5ed73943ff805734b3

You do realize Hicks never said Trump and him discussed Stormy Daniels. She said he was very concerned about his family and Cohen called himself a "fixer", and he was the one who broke it. She also said he attempted to insert himself in the campaign and was rebuked and told to only handle Trump's personal business.

This is important because Hicks confirmed Cohen had no involvement in the campaign. This indictment is about a campaign violation.

Hicks also killed Bragg's case in 2 ways, saying Trump was concerned about his family, wanted them to be proud of him and then destroyed Cohen before he took the stand. Meanwhile, Cohen is an idiot. He is doing a Podcast with a T-shirt with Trump in an orange jumpsuit. This is their star witness, and he is compromised as a liar and Trump hater before he reaches the stand. I am confident the defense team on cross of Cohen will show more than one of his podcasts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 12:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: "We"?

Charges are investigated and brought.  He has a defense team.  There is a judge and a jury.

Better yet, how many defendants get hold a press conference where they proclaim their innocence and how unfair everything is everyday, twice a day?

Many experts agree, the charges themselves are bogus.

Can you tell us what the 2 charges are against Trump in this trial? Can you show where Stormy's testimony was relevant to the charges brought?  Is the judge fair? He gagged a POTUS candidate, but allows Cohen to trash him nightly on a Podcast?

A judge is supposed to be fair for both sided, anyone indicted is innocent until proven guilty. It is the judge's responsibility to follow the law, not be a Democratic operative because he financially supported Biden and his daughter raises money for the DNC, the lead prosecutor was the number 3 in Biden's DOJ making this a Biden attempt to throw Trump in jail and silence him in an election year.

Rick Scott said it well today. If they (Democrats and a corrupt DOJ) can do this to a former POTUS and candidate beating Trump in every swing state for 2024, then those conservatives without the Trump resources are doomed to stop them when they come after us.

Trump is not on trial; conservatives are on trial in a Manhattan courtroom with 92% who voted for Biden in 2020. If fair, this trail would have been moved to a neutral venue.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 11:31 AM)pally Wrote: that's like saying Mrs Lincoln was enjoying the show before that unfortunate incident.

MAGA continuously ignores Trump's horrible 4th year.  The sign of a good President is how they respond to a crisis.  And what we learned is that Donald Trump couldn't lead anyone anywhere. It was the true test of his presidency and he failed spectacularly.

Anyone could have replicated Trump's first 3 years economically. He was handed a good economy and didn't screw it up until 2020 when he managed to crash it with his lack of preparedness and leadership during the pandemic.  But don't forget, he also failed to "repeal and replace" the ACA; he failed to pass an infrastructure bill; and he failed to have Mexico pay for his infamous wall...all things that were hallmark promises of his 2016 campaign.  Using your own standards for Joe Biden, some might say he LIED.  Additionally, his "leadership: further divided the country as he demonized and dehumanized anyone that wasn't a 100% blind loyal follower.

To be saved, one must first admit their failures and ask for forgiveness for his transgressions.  Can you name even once in his life that Donald Trump has done either?

Has Biden apologized or admitted his economic policies killed hard working Americans to appease the far-left climate activists? Has Biden admitted his border policies literally killed Laken Riley and others? Joe refused to say her name and then during a State of the Union speech call her Lincoln Riley. I missed his apology to her family for failing to get her name right with a canned speech on a teleprompter.

I have pointed out Trump policies that fueled the economy in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Yet, you have not listed one Biden economic policy that led to a great economy in 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024.

Yes, Trump's economy crumbled during a Pandemic in 2020. Biden's economy has been a disaster since he took office and yet he still says the economy is great. David Axelrod, a staunch democrat called him out again after Biden told CNN yesterday the economy is great. How out of touch is he? Why is he calling the voters stupid for not seeing his great economic policies?

Biden's spending killed the economy, yes Trump pulled back on an infrastructure bill when the Pandemic hit in late 2019. In Biden's case, his infrastructure bill was ramped on steroids, more pork in this 3 trillion-dollar bill at a time the economy could not afford it. It led to the high inflation numbers and the high inflation numbers led to high interest rates which doubled under Biden.

Trump printed money for a Pandemic in 2020, he had no choice. Biden willfully spent 3 trillion and the problem was instead of fueling the economy, it hurt the economy. Biden said the bill would fuel the economy; he was dead wrong. He is dead wrong again on refusing to support Israel. Biden is a politician; he makes political decisions to stay in power. Trump is a businessman who makes decisions to help the everyday American. 

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 12:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: "We"?

Here's an article from Alan Dershowitz written yesterday, 3 minute read: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-trial-stupendous-legal-catastrophe-115500210.html

Also, During SD's testimony, she went into detail about them having sex (which Trump still denies). The judge should have stopped this, but let her go on so an opinion could be formed by the jury. This case has nothing to do with sex and testimony not regarding the case shouldn't have been allowed.

The prosecutors coached SD before she got on the witness stand.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 02:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's an article from Alan Dershowitz written yesterday, 3 minute read: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-trial-stupendous-legal-catastrophe-115500210.html

Also, During SD's testimony, she went into detail about them having sex (which Trump still denies). The judge should have stopped this, but let her go on so an opinion could be formed by the jury. This case has nothing to do with sex and testimony not regarding the case shouldn't have been allowed.

Could the defense have objected? Trump denied everything about it...before he signed a check to pay her off to be quiet. Then tried to hide that payment. Thus the charges.

(05-09-2024, 02:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The prosecutors coached SD before she got on the witness stand.

Wait...they speak to their witnesses before they go on the stand?!?!

When they start doing that?!?!?!  Ninja

I hope the defense team didn't "coach" anyone! That wouldn't be fair! Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 11:29 PM)pally Wrote: name one presidential candidate whom 4 separate jurisdictions have legitimately indicted for criminal activities.  That's in addition to being found liable for sexual assault and defamation

You all seem to think Trump is above the law and shouldn't be held accountable for his illegal actions.  Strange concept for someone who takes an oath to defend the Constitution and runs on a policy of law and order

Maybe Trump should have thought about the consequences before he broke the law.  

running for President isn't a get-out-of-jail-free card.  It is not the problem of the Democrats that MAGA Republicans seem to think Donald Trump is the best candidate they have for President.  You all dive deep into the swamp and whine when you get dirty.  Maybe you should hold your candidate to a higher standard

Heck yeah! Screw innocent until proven guilty!

Send him to the gulag already!

The Brown Shirts have spoken!! 
Reply/Quote

It is impossible to give DJT a fair trial due to the mercurial opinions people have of him.

The disappointing theme is the lack of effort made to make any of the trials bulletproof. Couple that with the above extremes of opinions means no one will accept the outcome in their hearts. 

If DJT is found guilty, there seems to be ample grounds for appeals and the right is not accepting.

If he is found innocent due to whatever shenanigans' imagined, the left will not be accepting.

It is a huge mess, regardless of outcome, and I cannot wait for it to be over.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 03:54 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Heck yeah! Screw innocent until proven guilty!

Almost 35 years to the day after Trump himself called for NY to bring back the death penalty in response to people who were at the time still on trial and eventually acquitted, he himself is the subject of people jumping to conclusions in regards to his guilt.  I guess it's sort of like when Trump said guilty people plead the 5th and then changed his tune when he had to do it like a zillion times.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 04:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Almost 35 years to the day after Trump himself called for NY to bring back the death penalty in response to people who were at the time still on trial and eventually acquitted, he himself is the subject of people jumping to conclusions in regards to his guilt.  I guess it's sort of like when Trump said guilty people plead the 5th and then changed his tune when he had to do it like a zillion times.

Innocent until proven guilty is what the country is about, no matter how filthy, evil, or devious the defendant may be.

I started reading the thread in hopes of finding out if Stormy was going to try and pay DJT the court order $500k in Hunter Biden finger paintings. 

Or did their value tank as bad as Truth Social, so now they're like Confederate money?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 04:07 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: It is a huge mess, regardless of outcome, and I cannot wait for it to be over.

That makes two of us. I hate watching our country decay every day. We've had nothing but 8yrs of the left going after 1 man so hard that not much else mattered. The money wasted, the abuse of power, the outright lies fabricated to try to convict this man is sickening. WTS, I don't know if Trump is guilty of any of these crimes or not, and frankly don't care. But if you have to go to these extremes to try and get him, you really had nothing solid to begin with. Some of the far left media is starting to cave on some of this BS. 

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 04:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Almost 35 years to the day after Trump himself called for NY to bring back the death penalty in response to people who were at the time still on trial and eventually acquitted, he himself is the subject of people jumping to conclusions in regards to his guilt.  I guess it's sort of like when Trump said guilty people plead the 5th and then changed his tune when he had to do it like a zillion times.

35yrs? You know, there was a time I would have enjoyed the execution of every person who spit on veterans returning from Vietnam. But time has passed and I've learned a little compassion and patience. Not saying I still wouldn't enjoy seeing a few of them throat-punched.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 03:54 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Heck yeah! Screw innocent until proven guilty!

no our justice system has spoken.  Evidence of wrongdoing was presented to 4 separate grand juries.  Each came back with charges.  He is now in the trial process and a jury will rule.

Why should this work any differently for Trump than any other defendant?

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 01:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Has Biden apologized or admitted his economic policies killed hard working Americans to appease the far-left climate activists? Has Biden admitted his border policies literally killed Laken Riley and others? Joe refused to say her name and then during a State of the Union speech call her Lincoln Riley. I missed his apology to her family for failing to get her name right with a canned speech on a teleprompter.

I have pointed out Trump policies that fueled the economy in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Yet, you have not listed one Biden economic policy that led to a great economy in 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024.

Yes, Trump's economy crumbled during a Pandemic in 2020. Biden's economy has been a disaster since he took office and yet he still says the economy is great. David Axelrod, a staunch democrat called him out again after Biden told CNN yesterday the economy is great. How out of touch is he? Why is he calling the voters stupid for not seeing his great economic policies?

Biden's spending killed the economy, yes Trump pulled back on an infrastructure bill when the Pandemic hit in late 2019. In Biden's case, his infrastructure bill was ramped on steroids, more pork in this 3 trillion-dollar bill at a time the economy could not afford it. It led to the high inflation numbers and the high inflation numbers led to high interest rates which doubled under Biden.

Trump printed money for a Pandemic in 2020, he had no choice. Biden willfully spent 3 trillion and the problem was instead of fueling the economy, it hurt the economy. Biden said the bill would fuel the economy; he was dead wrong. He is dead wrong again on refusing to support Israel. Biden is a politician; he makes political decisions to stay in power. Trump is a businessman who makes decisions to help the everyday American. 

One has to apologize for political policies to be saved in the eyes of Christ?  Since when?

I know, that our economy would be in free fall if Trump had been reelected.  Just like his only plan now to "fix" the economy is "drill baby drill" and deport millions of people,  he had no plan in 2020 to fix the economy then.  

The Biden economic plan has fueled the economy....look at the jobs numbers, stock market, and corporate profits.  Inflation happened because of the failure of the supply chain to recover from the 2020 shutdowns...which were Trump's fault.  No one likes inflation but economists were forecasting a potential depression post-pandemic and that hasn't happened.

You were preaching your Christian beliefs about being saved.  You say we are sinners but saved by Christ.  Sins not economic policies.  So I ask again, as the favored candidate of Evangelicals...when has Donald Trump ever expressed any idea that indicates he is a Christian let alone a saved Christian?  He is currently on trial for the actions that came out of his adulterous affair.  Last time I checked that is violated one of God's basic commandments

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 04:37 PM)pally Wrote: no our justice system has spoken.  Evidence of wrongdoing was presented to 4 separate grand juries.  Each came back with charges.  He is now in the trial process and a jury will rule.

Why should this work any differently for Trump than any other defendant?

Why would you declare him guilty without a fair trial?

The gulag it is...
Reply/Quote
The JUSTICE system is required to believe innocent until proven guilty.

Reply/Quote