Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menedez files as Independent
NJ Senator Menendez, under multiple indictments, has left the Demcratic party to become an Independent. Menendez is facing a losing primary fight with the party supporting his opponant. This move seems less idealogical and more a "save my political life" move

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They should still vote to eject the jackass.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Menendez running as an Independent just might get the GOP a Senate seat out of New Jersey.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 12:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Menendez running as an Independent just might get the GOP a Senate seat out of New Jersey.

Didn't even think of that.  But the Repubs were already highly likely to win the Senate.

I just want a divided government (because, let's be honest, our most effective government has been one that does nothing) and a reinstatement of the full SALT deduction!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Mendendez is also just as likely to be convicted by then

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 12:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Menendez running as an Independent just might get the GOP a Senate seat out of New Jersey.

It's amazingly cynical.  Let me do what I want or I'll screw you over. Politicians are basically that crazy ex everyone had. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's amazingly cynical.  Let me do what I want or I'll screw you over. Politicians are basically that crazy ex everyone had. 

Or, you know, given the amount of legal bills and fines he has coming his way he just really, really needs the only job he's "qualified" for.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
He go his walking papers from the left.

It was his only real option.
Reply/Quote