Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pratt and Wilson
Should be happy.

The first two LBs drafted this year were Edgerrin Cooper and Junior Colson.

Just so happens both of those guys got to play behind our two new DTs, Jackson at Texas a&m with Cooper and Jenkins at Michigan with Colson.

Am I right to think those first two LBs got drafted early thanks in part to our two rookie DTs doing the dirty work and keeping them clean? Sure they are awesome players on their own, but I don’t know if they get a chance to shine so bright without big time DT play helping them.
Reply/Quote
Let's hope.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't forsee Jackson being some unstoppable force for us... at least not initially. Next year, everyone will gel better, IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 07:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Let's hope.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't forsee Jackson being some unstoppable force for us... at least not initially. Next year, everyone will gel better, IMO.

let not sleep on Maxwell from last yr...he may surprise
Reply/Quote
I was thinking today that Hendrickson should be happy with the investments in the interior dline this offseason.

I suspect he wasn’t happy losing Reader—who opened things up for him big time.

I think the Bengals will try to work something out with him—we’ll see.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 08:21 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I was thinking today that Hendrickson should be happy with the investments in the interior dline this offseason.

We may have been able to keep Reader if he didn’t demand a reworked deal, and raise, with two years left on the original one he signed…. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 09:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: We may have been able to keep Reader if he didn’t demand a reworked deal, and raise, with two years left on the original one he signed…. 

True. Sucks he got injured as much as he did.
He’s an elite player.
With the injuries it makes sense they didn’t sign him.
I like what they did with the youth movement.
I think Jenkins will be great and McKinley has great potential too.
Plus they have two proven vets.

They needed depth and youth and healthier players with a healthier rotation.
I like the potential this unit has and don’t think they will wear down in games.
Should be much better against the run and have a fresher, more consistent pass rush as well.

I think they have the money to sign Hendrickson and Chase and that they should. With Burrow those are our three best players.

Trade Tee next offseason and have Burton take over. They are set up for sustained success. I think Burton will be great.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 08:21 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I was thinking today that Hendrickson should be happy with the investments in the interior dline this offseason.

The Bates, Reader, Tee, & now Trey situations has riled a few. Not commenting just letting you guys no.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think Wilson and Pratt were happy the moment Vonn Bell was re-signed. No longer have to worry about getting the correct calls behind them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 10:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bates, Reader, Tee, & now Trey situations has riled a few. Not commenting just letting you guys no.

I definitely have some loyalty to my employer.

But if I had an agent and 31 other companies willing to pay me millions of dollars..? My loyalty wouldn't be so easily earned, and my employer would probably have to handle me with kid gloves.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 07:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Let's hope.

I imagine the step up in competition from facing a college OL to an NFL OL is brutal for DTs. So I definitely agree.
(05-02-2024, 07:57 PM)kalibengal Wrote: let not sleep on Maxwell from last yr...he may surprise

That's why I'm hoping one of the vets makes themselves the #3 DT and we don't have to rely on the rookies a whole lot. I'd love it if Maxwell made himself impossible to cut. I think its open competition for that #5 DT spot behind the four roster locks Hill, Rankins, Jenkins, and Jackson, leaning towards Carter, hopefully he has a 3rd year leap.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 01:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Wilson and Pratt were happy the moment Vonn Bell was re-signed. No longer have to worry about getting the correct calls behind them.

I can’t imagine Bell plays much if Stone and Battle stay healthy.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 10:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can’t imagine Bell plays much if Stone and Battle stay healthy.

I actually expect the opposite.  I expect to see Bell on the field the most in a hybrid role.  Lou needs someone to make his calls and get everyone in position....someone who knows his defense.  I expect A LOT of 3 safety looks in the coming year with Belle all over the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 09:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: We may have been able to keep Reader if he didn’t demand a reworked deal, and raise, with two years left on the original one he signed…. 

That's a nonsensical re-writing of events. The Bengals had and still have plenty of cap space. They could have re-signed Reader if they wanted to regardless.

I'm still of the opinion that they needed to move on from Reader. On the IR 3 times in 4 years as a Bengal means he just wasn't on the field enough to be relied upon. Doesn't matter how good you are if you're not on the field.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Should be happy.

Just so happens both of those guys got to play behind our two new DTs, Jackson at Texas a&m with Cooper and Jenkins at Michigan with Colson.

Am I right to think those first two LBs got drafted early thanks in part to our two rookie DTs doing the dirty work and keeping them clean? Sure they are awesome players on their own, but I don’t know if they get a chance to shine so bright without big time DT play helping them.

Wasn’t impressed with the way both Pratt and Wilson played last season so LB was something i looked at hard in this draft and nor junior or copper really stood out to me. I think there play was certainly aided by HOSSES up front
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 11:01 AM)Stewy Wrote: I actually expect the opposite.  I expect to see Bell on the field the most in a hybrid role.  Lou needs someone to make his calls and get everyone in position....someone who knows his defense.  I expect A LOT of 3 safety looks in the coming year with Belle all over the field.

I see Bell in more of a backup role at this point (his salary certainly suggests that), but I guess we’ll see. Hilton usually plays about 70-80% of the snaps, too, so there’s only so many to go around.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 01:34 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I definitely have some loyalty to my employer.

But if I had an agent and 31 other companies willing to pay me millions of dollars..? My loyalty wouldn't be so easily earned, and my employer would probably have to handle me with kid gloves.

I would ask you, if you signed a contract, would you honor it and when that contract was up would you do a new contract for more $$ or move on?
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I would ask you, if you signed a contract, would you honor it and when that contract was up would you do a new contract for more $$ or move on?

But also remember that your employer largely doesn't need to honor your contract either. They can and have fired MANY people who were under contract every year. You would be fired too or asked to take a paycut if you didn't perform well, regardless of you being under contract.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I would ask you, if you signed a contract, would you honor it and when that contract was up would you do a new contract for more $$ or move on?

We don’t know the conversations between Trey,his agent and mgt.He seems upset about something. I don’t think he feels feels I screwed up and now want a better deal.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

You forgot the most important part which is also coming off a major injury.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Should be happy.

An excellent point. Sure helps Linebackers when the D-line can take up blocks so they don't have to shed so many. Both Jenkins
and Jackson were excellent at doing this at the very least. Communication should be much better this year with Bell back, Stone 
and Rankins added and the youth in the Secondary having a year in the system.

Like I have said before, players like Logan Wilson and Germaine Pratt just didn't forget how to play football. They will be watching
their tape and learning from what they did wrong last year. Angles and tackling were poor on their part. Logan was hurt and it 
showed big time. Don't know what Germaine's excuses are though...
Reply/Quote