Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joey B is back!
What do you wanna bet Joey B could throw a football over them mountains?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 11:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Did you pay attention at all the past few months?

It's the same line as last year with the usual FA at RT that could be better than what we've had, IF he manages to stay healthy. 

Amarrius Mims is a sink or swim prospect that we're realistically not going to see an ROI on, if any, until the 25/26 season.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 01:40 PM)pally Wrote: Joe says he is clear for everything but contact.  That should come in a month or so but no hurry, they aren't hitting anyway

He says he is bigger than he was but not sure where he will play at yet

Off season conditioning has mostly been intact but has done some different stuff

working on chemistry with TEs

the last several months have been among the most challenging in his life (note: on top of injury rumor has it he broke up with long time girlfriend)

asking for 18 regular season games is a lot...a 2nd Bye week is a must

the wrist is going to hurt but how much is a secret...he expects full recovery to take a year \.  He couldn't find another QB with the same injury to compare notes with...only OL and DL guys

supports Tee and Trey in their contract business and expects them to be there in 2024 but they have to look out for themselves and family

Really wants to be there for training camp but will be cautious and take a break if he needs one.  He needs to learn to listen to his body and not to over extend himself and hurt the team

they just weren't good enough in all aspects last season everyone, including him, must improve

A year from what? A year from when he first injured it, when he first got surgery, or a year from that interview? 

It's definitely something worth monitoring as we get into the season. Hopefully it's just pain that he needs to work through and not something he can re-aggravate. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 03:15 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: A year from what? A year from when he first injured it, when he first got surgery, or a year from that interview? 

It's definitely something worth monitoring as we get into the season. Hopefully it's just pain that he needs to work through and not something he can re-aggravate. 

from injury date

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 03:15 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: A year from what? A year from when he first injured it, when he first got surgery, or a year from that interview? 

Why TF would it be from the interview?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 04:43 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Why TF would it be from the interview?

He said he expects recovery to take a year.

He made that statement during the interview.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 04:43 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Why TF would it be from the interview?

He said he expects recovery to take a year.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 04:46 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He said he expects recovery to take a year.

and why would the interview be a recovery milestone?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 04:50 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: and why would the interview be a recovery milestone?

The way it's worded wasn't clear. That's why I asked for clarification.

It's weird that if he expects to be fully recovered from the surgery he had in November 2023 at or around November 2024, that he said "i expect to fully recover in a year" instead of, you know, 7 months.; because November 2024 is 7 months out from now...not one year.

Not that hard. If you don't have a calendar propped over your fridge, there's one on your phone or computer. Pull it up and count the # of months between today and November. 
Reply/Quote

(05-07-2024, 04:50 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: and why would the interview be a recovery milestone?

Nice.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 02:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: To be fair to Chase though, he is doing extensive workouts on his own in Texas, for those not in the know.

Good to know, thanks Truck. Cool
Reply/Quote
Hate to rain on the parade, but we aren’t out of the woods just yet.

https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-meets-the-press-for-first-time-in-2024-season

Quote:On how it feels: "It felt good the last two days. I don't ever really know how it's going to feel until I wake up the next morning, but I was encouraged by the last couple of days for sure … Sometimes it's going to hurt. We'll be smart about it … I'll keep (pain) to myself, but whenever you have an injury there is going to be some pain in spots."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He’s got Big Ben syndrome. I’ve been teling yall…..

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 07:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: He’s got Big Ben syndrome. I’ve been teling yall…..

Now that he's single he's going to grabbing girls in the bathroom with Amarrius Mims standing gurard before we know it.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 07:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hate to rain on the parade, but we aren’t out of the woods just yet.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9521v32s9t1hyx4st5yjh7...w.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 02:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: To be fair to Chase though, he is doing extensive workouts on his own in Texas, for those not in the know.

Welp, that'll be helpful....for him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yeah, they’ve only been playing together since 2018. They need all the reps together they can get. :ninja:

Reply/Quote
He has a ways to go I think. He still experiences pain. He is like a cat, he doesn't show any signs of pain when he throws. He still has 4 months before the season begins hopefully he completely heals by then. It would be nice for he to attend Training camp this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 09:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, they’ve only been playing together since 2018. They need all the reps together they can get. Ninja

I was thinking more about how he could assist a young WR corp. 

But your way works too I guess. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't know if he's truly single yet, and it's none of our business, but if he is, and I were him, I'd be calling up Kay Adams to give her that interview she's been begging for..... Cool Rock On Tiger
Reply/Quote