Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Approves Biden Impeachment Inquiry as G.O.P. Hunts for an Offense
House Approves Biden Impeachment Inquiry as G.O.P. Hunts for an Offense
Republicans are pushing forward with a formal investigation even though their yearlong scrutiny of the president and his family has turned up no evidence of high crimes or misdemeanors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/13/us/politics/biden-impeachment-inquiry-house-vote.html?campaign_id=190&emc=edit_ufn_20231213&instance_id=110089&nl=from-the-times&regi_id=115336211&segment_id=152530&te=1&user_id=98d040cfc463129084276e2affe091f0

G.O.P. leaders refrained for months from calling a vote to open an impeachment inquiry, given the reservations of mainstream Republicans, many of them from politically competitive districts, about moving forward without proof that Mr. Biden had done anything wrong. Instead, Kevin McCarthy, the speaker at the time, unilaterally announced one in September as he was facing pressure from the far right to deliver on its priorities, including impeaching the president.

But Wednesday’s vote underscored how the political ground has shifted, with Republicans unanimously willing to endorse an inquiry even as some emphasized that they were not yet ready to charge the president. The vote of 221 to 212 was along party lines, with all Republicans voting to approve the inquiry and all Democrats opposed....

“We are here for one reason and one reason alone: Donald Trump demanded that Republicans impeach, so they are going to impeach,” Mr. McGovern said. “They are weaponizing and abusing impeachment, one of the most somber and serious things that Congress can do, to attack President Joe Biden.”...

“President Biden must be held accountable for his lies, corruption and obstruction,” Mr. Comer said. “We have a duty to provide the accountability and transparency that Americans demand and deserve.”

The impeachment inquiry resolution does not accuse Mr. Biden of any wrongdoing. It authorizes three Republican-led panels to continue their investigations and petition a court for grand jury materials; authorizes subpoenas and retroactively approves many that have already been issued; and allows for the hiring of outside counsel to help with the inquiry.

Speaker Mike Johnson, who has accused Mr. Biden of corruption, said lawmakers were particularly focused on investigating four areas: the millions of dollars Hunter Biden and James Biden, the president’s brother, received from overseas business deals; false or misleading statements that the elder Mr. Biden made about his son’s work; incidents in which the elder Mr. Biden met with or spoke with his son’s business partners; and about $240,000 the elder Mr. Biden received from his family members as reimbursement for loans.

Republicans have labored, so far without success, to prove that President Biden was enriched by his son’s business dealings. Many of the documents they have produced thus far have, in fact, demonstrated the opposite: that Mr. Biden lent money to his son and brother when they were in need, and they later paid him back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Speaker Johnson in 2019: Impeachment along party lines could destroy democracy.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/12/12/mike-johnson-impeachment-biden-trump-kfile-ebof-vpx.cnn
Reply/Quote
I'm so tired of these pony shows.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 07:27 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm so tired of these pony shows.

Anything to avoid doing their jobs. The Republicans don't know how to be in the majority and actually run a government, so they do things like this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Not surprisingly, the polling is about 50/50 on this. There is a slight trend against Biden since Oct in the poll though.

According to the NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released Wednesday, 49% of U.S. adults say they would support the House of Representatives officially launching an impeachment inquiry into Biden amid allegations of corruption within his family, compared to 48% who would not.

That number is up from the same survey in October that found 47% supported such a move, and 52% would be opposed.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 08:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anything to avoid doing their jobs. The Republicans don't know how to be in the majority and actually run a government, so they do things like this.

Nobody wants to work anymore. 
Reply/Quote
Just to be clear, the House has no obligation to formally vote on proceeding with an impeachment inquiry.

The Democrat house impeached Trump (2nd time) with a 2 week investigation and no impeachment inquiry.

The 1st Trump impeachment by the Democratic controlled house (super majority) sees the same Democrats applauding impeachment procedures for Trump are now saying the process is not fair.

Anyone who says there is NO EVIDENCE BIDEN OR MEMBERS OF HIS FAMIY COMMITTED A CRIME can't be taken seriously as over 6000 pages of evidence. In the evidence the Hunter Biden needs to explain (impeachment inquiry will force him to testify0 why not 1, but many foreign countries that are considered our enemies pain him millions of dollars from 2014 to 2020. Joe was VP in 2014 and 2015. It is against the law for any family member to receive gifts or money for their influence to a high ranking US government official.

So, I ask you, what is Hunter's business in foreign countries? Why did Russia, China, Ukraine, Romania and others pay him and members of his family millions of dollars? Why did Hunter Biden set up shell companies? Why was there no goods sold or received by these shell companies?

Why does Joe Biden not turn over any loan documents to Hunter to the committee as they have asked several times? Why does Joe Biden not turn over the loan documents between Joe Biden and his brother Jim? What did the rest of the family members do to receive money from foreign countries?

There is a ton of evidence of influence peddling which is a crime, Joe Biden is the brand and guilty if his son and other family members received money or gifts for access to Joe Biden.

Joe Biden has lied over an over again about being in business with Hunter Biden. It is fact, Joe went from I have never been involved in Hunter's business, then changed narrative several times. As of yesterday, Hunter now says his father was NEVER FINANCIALLY INVOLVED, a far cry from I was never in business with my son. There are email, pictures, bank records and a lot more evidence that needs to be vetted, thus the need for an inquiry.

The white house called for the impeachment inquiry, they got their wish.

As for Hunter not honoring a subpoena, the Trump kids honored both Senate and House subpoena's and never took the 5th one time. In time we will see if Hunter does the same.

In time we will see if the extra information gathered through hiring of attorneys for the house to forcing testimony provides clarity or more evidence the VP of the US engaged in bribery (Ukraine), influence peddling (Russia woman who paid Hunter Biden millions left off the sanctions list) and other high crimes and misdemeanors.

Hunter is a victim, the victim of his father using him to be the front man for a Biden crime syndicate in my opinion. I ask again, why would these foreign countries pay Hunter Biden tens of millions of dollars, some of it when he was addicted to drugs?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
You can't impeach a president based on the actions of his family. And even Republicans admit they don't have an actual crime to charge the President with...but don't worry because they are sure that they will find some.

EVERYONE with 2 brain cells understands this is all part of the Trump revenge tour.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 01:04 PM)pally Wrote: You can't impeach a president based on the actions of his family.  And even Republicans admit they don't have an actual crime to charge the President with...but don't worry because they are sure that they will find some.

EVERYONE with 2 brain cells understands this is all part of the Trump revenge tour.

LOL

Typical attack anyone (like me) who follows the evidence has not believing it is a Trump revenge tour (the new DNC and liberal media talking point).

Actual yes you can impeach a VP for his family using influence peddling to enrich themselves. It is not a required element that one penny went to the VP.

Do you have an ounce of curiosity why Hunter Biden flew on Air Force 2 with VP dad Joe Biden to foreign countries and then within weeks or months was paid millions? Do you have any curiosity why Hunter Biden would set up over 20 shell companies to move money around?

I know you hate Trump, but it does bother you there is a very good chance the VP of the US was involved in bilking millions from foreign countries and is comprimised as a result?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 01:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

Typical attack anyone (like me) who follows the evidence has not believing it is a Trump revenge tour (the new DNC and liberal media talking point).

Actual yes you can impeach a VP for his family using influence peddling to enrich themselves. It is not a required element that one penny went to the VP.

Do you have an ounce of curiosity why Hunter Biden flew on Air Force 2 with VP dad Joe Biden to foreign countries and then within weeks or months was paid millions? Do you have any curiosity why Hunter Biden would set up over 20 shell companies to move money around?

I know you hate Trump, but it does bother you there is a very good chance the VP of the US was involved in bilking millions from foreign countries and is comprimised as a result?

So let me say, I for one would be quite interested in these things. I understand quite well that Hunter Biden is a fraud and possibly a criminal doing shady dealings all around the world and selling his father's last name. It is worth the attention, and it is worth investigating - and if Joe Biden did anything nefarious, he deserves to be impeached, removed from office and indicted. The facts deserve to be laid out, and you do a good job in that regard. Less good, I'd say, is your willingness to jump to conclusions that just aren't part of these facts. Facts are there's still no damning evidence against Joe Biden, no matter how hard you try to imply otherwise. Btw you are also usually quite offensive in your choice of words towards others while doing so, you do not get to complain about the same rough tone coming back at you.

What makes your whole position ultra-partisan to the point of utter bizarreness though is that while you go after Biden over car loans and every other bombshell of the minute that usually turn out to be rabbit holes, you are completely, 100% un-curious about Trump and what his family is doing. This position makes zero sense. You wanna be curious, don't just dismiss all the curious things about your Biden alternative. This family was found to have misused charity money, Trump bought a painting of himself from charity donations, he ran a fraudulent university, Trump booked diplomats into his hotels who openly admitted they go there and pay him to get favorable treatment. Isn't that corrupt? He held back aid to Ukraine on the condition they announce a fake investigation into Biden. He has secret chinese bank accounts, his daughter does deals all around the world selling her last name too, his whole fundraisers seem to be quite fraudulent or at best deliberately misleading his donors, Qatar was sent into the diplomatic doghouse, got isolated with Trump's help - just for these restrictions to be lifted after Qatar bought a highly deficient scyscraper from Kushner. Jared Kushner, also his dealings with Saudi Arabia, the guy that unlike Hunter Biden actually held a highly influential government position - zero curiosity from your side about any of that?

And yet, even while you choose to blatantly overlook all of these issues yourself when it comes to your guy Trump, you scold others for not instantly condemning Joe Biden over these speculations of yours. That is just weird. You literally rant about people who in your own perception just behave as blindly partian as you yourself do. How dare they be like me.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Screenshot-2023-12-14-212137.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I really don't care about this as much as most people. In either direction, really. I see it more of a distraction than anything else. Biden and all of the Democrats in the legislative branch should just focus on doing the work needed in this country. There is a reason the GOP held this vote right before leaving town and tucking their tails into their homes for the holidays, it's because they don't have to face questions about it from the people by doing that. They don't want a lot of attention on it because this was done for a party of one.

There is a lot that needs to be done and this can turn into a gift from the GOP to the Democrats if they play it right.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 01:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: So let me say, I for one would be quite interested in these things. I understand quite well that Hunter Biden is a fraud and possibly a criminal doing shady dealings all around the world and selling his father's last name. It is worth the attention, and it is worth investigating - and if Joe Biden did anything nefarious, he deserves to be impeached, removed from office and indicted. The facts deserve to be laid out, and you do a good job in that regard. Less good, I'd say, is your willingness to jump to conclusions that just aren't part of these facts. Facts are there's still no damning evidence against Joe Biden, no matter how hard you try to imply otherwise. Btw you are also usually quite offensive in your choice of words towards others while doing so, you do not get to complain about the same rough tone coming back at you.

What makes your whole position ultra-partisan to the point of utter bizarreness though is that while you go after Biden over car loans and every other bombshell of the minute that usually turn out to be rabbit holes, you are completely, 100% un-curious about Trump and what his family is doing. This position makes zero sense. You wanna be curious, don't just dismiss all the curious things about your Biden alternative. This family was found to have misused charity money, Trump bought a painting of himself from charity donations, he ran a fraudulent university, Trump booked diplomats into his hotels who openly admitted they go there and pay him to get favorable treatment. Isn't that corrupt? He held back aid to Ukraine on the condition they announce a fake investigation into Biden. He has secret chinese bank accounts, his daughter does deals all around the world selling her last name too, his whole fundraisers seem to be quite fraudulent or at best deliberately misleading his donors, Qatar was sent into the diplomatic doghouse, got isolated with Trump's help - just for these restrictions to be lifted after Qatar bought a highly deficient scyscraper from Kushner. Jared Kushner, also his dealings with Saudi Arabia, the guy that unlike Hunter Biden actually held a highly influential government position - zero curiosity from your side about any of that?

And yet, even while you choose to blatantly overlook all of these issues yourself when it comes to your guy Trump, you scold others for not instantly condemning Joe Biden over these speculations of yours. That is just weird. You literally rant about people who in your own perception just behave as blindly partian as you yourself do. How dare they be like me.

You have a lot of facts listed about the Trump family, but provide no links for us to see the evidence the Trump business was done in the shadows or illegal.

If I have name called and personally attacked someone's intellect, I apologize and will work on not doing it in the future. 

If you read my comments, I said it in caps, ANYONE WHO SAYS NO EVIDENCE AGAINST JOE BIDEN, KEY WORD NO. There is evidence Joe was involved in Hunter's business, please read the whistle blower's testimony. Also, one in an interview this week, there is ample evidence Joe Biden was involved in Hunter's business. He also testified under oath the DOJ shut down IRS investigators gathering evidence on Joe Biden.

Comer, Jordan and Smith are doing all of the lifting proving the DOJ is corrupt. Why is DOJ protecting the Biden family? Why did the DOJ turn over every rock the day Trump won. They persecuted Trump and family, but Biden and his family are getting a free pass including letting the statutes of limitations run out on tax crimes Hunter Biden committed in 2014 and 2015. Why?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dojs-handling-hunter-biden-case-inexplicable-turley-ex-prosecutor-faces-questioning

DOJ's handling of Hunter Biden case is 'inexplicable,' says Turley, as ex-prosecutor faces questioning
'I can't think of one' reason to allow the statute of limitations on unpaid taxes to expire, Turley noted

FOX News contributor Jonathan Turley told "America’s Newsroom" on Thursday that the "glaring issue" in the Hunter Biden case is how the Department of Justice allowed early potential tax felonies against the first son to expire. The George Washington University law professor questioned why Special Counsel David Weiss, who is investigating Hunter Biden’s possible misconduct, would allow the statute of limitations to run out during an investigation. 

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 11:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: . This family was found to have misused charity money, Trump bought a painting of himself from charity donations, he ran a fraudulent university, Trump booked diplomats into his hotels who openly admitted they go there and pay him to get favorable treatment. Isn't that corrupt? He held back aid to Ukraine on the condition they announce a fake investigation into Biden. He has secret chinese bank accounts, his daughter does deals all around the world selling her last name too, his whole fundraisers seem to be quite fraudulent or at best deliberately misleading his donors, Qatar was sent into the diplomatic doghouse, got isolated with Trump's help - just for these restrictions to be lifted after Qatar bought a highly deficient scyscraper from Kushner. Jared Kushner, also his dealings with Saudi Arabia, the guy that unlike Hunter Biden actually held a highly influential government position 

You have a lot of facts listed about the Trump family, but provide no links for us to see the evidence the Trump business was done in the shadows or illegal.

Yeah, what proof do we have that a court found Trump misused charity money or was ordered to pay damages to students of his fraudulent university?

I suppose if you believe the liberal press . . . .

I would like to see absolute factual proof that Ivanka got patents from China or the Saudis handed Kushner's investment firm 2 billion dollars which is just sitting there.  I want to see PROOF that the Qataris bought that money-losing skyscraper from Kushner. Any reporter could have made that up. 

Hollo makes it sound like the DOJ is protecting the Trump family. If there were really anything suspicious about Trump's business dealings the GOP house would go after them, just like they do the Biden crime family.

But they don't, so there's your proof Trump and his daughter and son in law were not abusing the power of their office. Or, at least not in the shadows.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 01:04 PM)pally Wrote: You can't impeach a president based on the actions of his family.  And even Republicans admit they don't have an actual crime to charge the President with...but don't worry because they are sure that they will find some.

This more about fairness than evidence.

The Dems impeached Trump twice,

so it is only fair that Republicans impeach Biden too.

Then they will be "equal." 

There should be a special investigation into Biden and Ukraine too, about something,
just to balance things out. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 12:53 PM)Dill Wrote: This more about fairness than evidence.

The Dems impeached Trump twice,

so it is only fair that Republicans impeach Biden too.

Then they will be "equal." 

There should be a special investigation into Biden and Ukraine too, about something,
just to balance things out. 

It's amusing that the MAGA folks spin being impeached twice as a badge of honor when it happens to Trump, but they want to do the same to Biden to make them "equal."
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 12:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's amusing that the MAGA folks spin being impeached twice as a badge of honor when it happens to Trump, but they want to do the same to Biden to make them "equal."

It amusing the majority in this forum are liberals, same people who don't condone Trump was persecuted by the Democrats in Congress, liberal press and DOJ for 7 years and counting.

For those who feel Trump and his family are guilty of something, by all means start a thread about it and provide your facts. I am all for it. 

But, an FBI paid credible informant was interviewed, a form 1023 was produced the informant stating Joe Biden took a bribe. I call that evidence. At a minimum, did the FBI and DOJ investigate this claim? The DOJ needs to be transparent and show us if the informant's info was vetted.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 01:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For those who feel Trump and his family are guilty of something, by all means start a thread about it and provide your facts. I am all for it. 

Trump himself has admitted to being guilty of stuff that would put normal people in prison. His admissions in that documents case itself would be completely damning if he were a regular person with a normal security clearance and not some half-fictionalized cult figure who is subject to no such security rigors and standards.

The argument isn't about whether Trump did stuff or not, it's whether people care that he did stuff.  I recall people admitting Bill Clinton was guilty BUT the economy is good and blah blah blah....so why not just do that with Trump?

If you can honestly tell me that Trump's guilt or innocence plays a role in whether you'd vote for him or Biden in 2024, then we can talk details.  Otherwise, what's the point?  A lot of people will admit that Trump can be 100% guilty of all this stuff and still be their choice for president over Biden.  Just like all the investigations about Biden can be true but people who fear Trump being a dictator will still vote for Biden to prevent that.

In politics or your personal life or in business, that's the value of convincing people that the alternatives are poison...you and/or what you are selling suddenly becomes far less open to scrutiny.
Reply/Quote
Lindsey Graham sees no evidence of Biden's guilt

https://twitter.com/simonateba/status/1736414839285723537

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN: Republican Senator Lindsey Graham (<a href="https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LindseyGrahamSC</a>) claims he has not seen any evidence that President Biden is corrupt and should be impeached. No smoking gun, he said. WATCH <a href="https://t.co/3PyyqPNn28">pic.twitter.com/3PyyqPNn28</a></p>&mdash; Simon Ateba (@simonateba) <a href="https://twitter.com/simonateba/status/1736414839285723537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 17, 2023</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:58 PM)pally Wrote: Lindsey Graham sees no evidence of Biden's guilt

Well yeah, evidence of Biden's guilt is in the garage not the closet.
Reply/Quote