Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
It could also be a reason he’s trying to stay longer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 10:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: He got a lot of backlash for his earlier words/actions. Deservedly so in my book. That said, facing the music takes courage and character. I can respect his decision to come to voluntary workouts earlier, meeting with the rooks, and taking those tough questions and manning up. 

Courage & character for admitting what you did? He caused whatever issue there was. We're talking about courage, character & adversity about a game? So tired of those words being used in sports. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 05:54 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Courage & character for admitting what you did? He caused whatever issue there was. We're talking about courage, character & adversity about a game? So tired of those words being used in sports. 

So, what ever motivated you to become a fan of football?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I love it when a player who has made tens of millions of dollars from a team, and is slated to make 30+ more is talking about wanting more money and a longer deal for the "security of his family."

He deserves what he has earned, no doubt, just not buying the line.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 05:54 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Courage & character for admitting what you did? He caused whatever issue there was. We're talking about courage, character & adversity about a game? So tired of those words being used in sports. 

What issue did he cause. He made a request for a longer-term deal or a trade. Bengals mgt. met with him and told him no. He's at OTA's. The only issue is with fans who got upset. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:04 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I love it when a player who has made tens of millions of dollars from a team, and is slated to make 30+ more is talking about wanting  more money and a longer deal for the "security of his family."

Tens of millions... taxes eat half, then there are agent fees, money spent on trainers and therapists, nutritionists, etc. It doesn't go as far as one would think. It's more money than most people will make in a lifetime, but it's got to last him after football if he gets hurt. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Tens of millions... taxes eat half, then there are agent fees, money spent on trainers and therapists, nutritionists, etc. It doesn't go as far as one would think. It's more money than most people will make in a lifetime, but it's got to last him after football if he gets hurt. 

hes already made enough last season to live the rest of his life if hes smart
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hes already made enough last season to live the rest of his life if hes smart

So have I, but I still would like more for my family. You just never know what is going to happen. Besides, it's really about being paid what his production is worth. He's underpaid. That's his agent's fault. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Tens of millions... taxes eat half, then there are agent fees, money spent on trainers and therapists, nutritionists, etc. It doesn't go as far as one would think. It's more money than most people will make in a lifetime, but it's got to last him after football if he gets hurt. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What issue did he cause. He made a request for a longer-term deal or a trade. Bengals mgt. met with him and told him no. He's at OTA's. The only issue is with fans who got upset. 

If it read like you worded it, then no one would have a problem. But it was "public request," via the media for a trade, not a quiet, behind-the-scenes request to Bengals mgt. And it was the day before the draft, designed to get the highest media coverage, and it did; it became one of the lead stories on national sports networks. Do you blame fans who were upset by the public nature and timing of the request? He was one of the Bengals very top players showing he was disgruntled enough to make a public request to be traded.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:42 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Are we now going to go after players because they make a lot of money? The only guys out there NOT making a lot of money are the water bottle guys and gals.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Are we now going to go after players because they make a lot of money? The only guys out there NOT making a lot of money are the water bottle guys and gals.

Only when they make silly claims about why they want more money.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So have I, but I still would like more for my family. You just never know what is going to happen. Besides, it's really about being paid what his production is worth. He's underpaid. That's his agent's fault. 

I disagree, he is appropriately paid. You could make an argument for another $1,000,000 or two, but that’s really crying over spilled milk.

Trey is paid, by almost every financial metric as a top 5-10 DE. He isnt a top 2 player at his position like Donald or Chris jones. He overshot his worth this time, and I’m glad he has come around.
Reply/Quote

Nothing to do with sports ..... it's about facing the inevitable questions regarding the shit storm his earlier actions caused. I was pretty damn mad at him over it. I still don't like it. That said, most people today would run from it instead of addressing it head on. Most players in that situation likely wouldn't be at voluntary OTAs either. So, in that regard, he showed a little character. Agree to disagree if you like.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2024, 06:38 PM)PDub80 Wrote: For as much as people shit on him... That dude's a man. That's how you do man things. You stand there, like a man, voice your thoughts, and own your shit. That is how to selfishly be unselfish and I hope he gets paid by the Bengals for being a good dude.

Trey Hendrickson is a grown ass man. I hope he gets more money, if for no other reason than his showing up, knowing he has to stand there and answer questions like that.

I'm a fan.   I was taken aback when I saw the reports, but I look at the money and the length of contract - and I get it.  He's a hell of a player.

He seems able to separate things out appropriately.   Coming back and facing the media was brave.   I love the guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2024, 10:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: The timing and optics were very bad. I don't begrudge anyone looking for a trade, like Tee for example, but Trey JUST signed his extension last year. I think that's where a lot of the vitriol in this specific incident comes from. It's definitely what irked me.

Having said that, I do agree with the rest of the post. If he's feeling better than ever, opposing QBs could be in for a rough year against the Bengals.

I agree with the timing and optics being bad.   I don't think agents do a good job of getting the fans on their team.   I think it reflects more on the agent than the player.

But I also don't like the optics the team presents (I'm sure it's the tip of the iceberg as well).   But there comes a time when getting the heart of your team by recompensing your best players according to their performance versus "it's a business" seems counterproductive.

There are always going to be limits.   But I think Bates should still be a Bengal and you want Hendrickson fighting for you not against you.   I don't think he was looking for a trade, but hoping to get some more compensation for play that is much better relative to his pees than his compensation.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:04 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I love it when a player who has made tens of millions of dollars from a team, and is slated to make 30+ more is talking about wanting more money and a longer deal for the "security of his family."

Shelf life is short for professional athletes and if they want to keep the living style they are in and look to expand their family and provide long long term, get it while you can...
Reply/Quote
Ask yourself:

If you were going to ask your boss for a raise, would you do it at the most advantageous time and platform for you?

If you say yes, then you have no room for beef w/ anything Trey did; if you said no, well that's why you've never gotten a raise.

Dude asked, they said no, Trey accepted their no with grace.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote