Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Grade the 2021 Bengals draft
(05-15-2024, 12:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: JC is a great pick, but you give me the option (on a team that already has Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd) between going Chase in the 1st and Sun God in the 3rd or Peneii and SG; I'm going OT/WR. 
I completely agree. Also got to consider there where multiple reports that the lions wanted to move up for Chase and even tried too.

I love having Chase as a Bengal, but given the Roster at that time. (Sewell + an extra 2nd or 3rd or Chase) The smarter choice should be obvious.

In my opinion that whole draft comes down to our 2nd. If we had hit on C.Jackson it would of looked like an amazing draft. I believed that then, and I still feel the same way.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 09:24 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Shouldn't it be an A+?  That draft class was what we needed to get to the superbowl.  Without that draft class, we likely don't make it.  I can't see how it's anything but a high grade.

Well Chase sure as heck helped us get to the SB no question, same with McPherson who was clutch as can be as a rookie Kicker.

2 picks were great no doubt about it. I don't know if that makes it an A+ until we see something from the rest but I understand the thought.

(05-15-2024, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Again I ask. Give me your A drafts so I can see what they did for the team and how they've helped lead to post season wins and championship games.

Naming the Dunlap's / Atkins etc is fine and dandy but what did they give us? 1 and done's.... Keep your A drafts if that is the case. Yall might not like my A drafts, but you won't be complaining in January and February as they help rack up the wins.

Again, good point. Post season wins and Championships are what matters in the end.

Hope we have 2 picks in this 2024 Draft that help the same and even put us over the top. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2024, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Again I ask. Give me your A drafts so I can see what they did for the team and how they've helped lead to post season wins and championship games.

Naming the Dunlap's / Atkins etc is fine and dandy but what did they give us? 1 and done's.... Keep your A drafts if that is the case. Yall might not like my A drafts, but you won't be complaining in January and February as they help rack up the wins.

Minus the Shot on Dunlap and Geno. I agree with what you are saying.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

2001. We only had 7 picks and got 4 Pro Bowlers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 05:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: C-

Agreed, if not for Chase....D-
Reply/Quote