Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fani Willis and lover implode on the witness stand
Mmmmm, rent free space is the best space.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Simply foolish. If she wanted to sleep with this guy, she should have hired someone else. It's tragic when inconsequential nonsense like this cast a, perhaps, irreparable shadow over the thing that should be the focus; the trial.

If she gets removed, odds are this trial is dead in the water.

All because she couldn't keep it in her pants.
Reply/Quote
So, I listen to lots of legal folks do explainers on everything going on and I finally got around to some talking about this situation. The consensus seems to be that there was not enough presented for them to expect removal of Willis or Wade from the case at this point. The (ex-)friend of Willis who testified could have ulterior motivations, which throws doubt in. The other testimony is inadmissible. With that and with the law as it is in Georgia, there is not good standing to remove. This is due mostly to the way the CoI laws are in Georgia. Were this taking place, say, in California, there would be grounds for removal. But because Georgia is, well, Georgia, there isn't adequate reason.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Any kind of impropriety taints the case. Even if there is just a suggestion of one. There are too many maybe's here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 06:40 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Any kind of impropriety taints the case. Even if there is just a suggestion of one. There are too many maybe's here.

Oh, this greatly impacts the potential jury pool at the very least. Which is likely what the defense attorneys were going for.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 03:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Simply foolish. If she wanted to sleep with this guy, she should have hired someone else. It's tragic when inconsequential nonsense like this cast a, perhaps, irreparable shadow over the thing that should be the focus; the trial.

If she gets removed, odds are this trial is dead in the water.

All because she couldn't keep it in her pants.

(02-17-2024, 06:40 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Any kind of impropriety taints the case.  Even if there is just a suggestion of one.  There are too many maybe's here.

(02-17-2024, 06:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, this greatly impacts the potential jury pool at the very least. Which is likely what the defense attorneys were going for.

Bunch'a MAGA cult member amateur lawyers, that's what ya'll are.   Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 07:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bunch'a MAGA cult member amateur lawyers, that's what ya'll are.   Ninja

Oh I don't claim to know anything about law or being a lawyer. It's just ab horrendous look and when you're dealing with Trump, you can't give him and his legal team these enormous and completely unnecessary openings to cast doubt on the case.

They were prosecuting a former president. Their case needed to be bulletproof just to get consideration, and then they pull this shit. 

It's embarrassing and pathetic.
Reply/Quote
I know a lot of liberals in this forum loved this persecution by Fulton County since it is not federal and Trump if found guilty in the trial and loses any appeals, if he wins the POTUS he could not pardon himself.

We will see how the judge rules, but either way now this case is heavily tainted and Willis and Wade have managed to scar even further Futon County. They are both also likely to face political prosecution and both could lose their law licenses.

Good news is Willis and Wade are probably being looked at legals experts (i think one from CNN Avenatti they loved is in prison) by MSNBC and CNN, they both love criminals to provide expert commentary.

I think Bragg's case in NY has Cohen (perjured himself) as their star witness.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 09:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh I don't claim to know anything about law or being a lawyer. It's just ab horrendous look and when you're dealing with Trump, you can't give him and his legal team these enormous and completely unnecessary openings to cast doubt on the case.

They were prosecuting a former president. Their case needed to be bulletproof just to get consideration, and then they pull this shit. 

It's embarrassing and pathetic.

It's extremely interesting that you get what is being discussed completely.  You are also able to understand that pointing these things out is not the same as defending Trump.  You could not be more correct in every aspect of this post.  Kudos.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 01:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know a lot of liberals in this forum loved this persecution by Fulton County since it is not federal and Trump if found guilty in the trial and loses any appeals, if he wins the POTUS he could not pardon himself.

We will see how the judge rules, but either way now this case is heavily tainted and Willis and Wade have managed to scar even further Futon County. They are both also likely to face political prosecution and both could lose their law licenses.

Good news is Willis and Wade are probably being looked at legals experts (i think one from CNN Avenatti they loved is in prison) by MSNBC and CNN, they both love criminals to provide expert commentary.

I think Bragg's case in NY has Cohen (perjured himself) as their star witness.

Interesting you are arguing on a potentially conflicted prosecutor (which doesn't change the actual charging facts) and someone perjuring themselves (other facts support his testimony) to get Trump off...not his actual innocence of any underlying crime.  The theme of all of Trump's defenses is "you can't charge me I was President" or some other reason not to charge, not that he didn't do it.

Why don't you think Trump can defend himself against the facts of these cases?  Maybe it is because he is guilty of them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 01:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know a lot of liberals in this forum loved this persecution by Fulton County since it is not federal and Trump if found guilty in the trial and loses any appeals, if he wins the POTUS he could not pardon himself.

I haven't had to think of it before this, but I don't think I'm really a fan of any president pardoning himself for any reason.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 04:14 PM)pally Wrote: Interesting you are arguing on a potentially conflicted prosecutor (which doesn't change the actual charging facts) and someone perjuring themselves (other facts support his testimony) to get Trump off...not his actual innocence of any underlying crime.  The theme of all of Trump's defenses is "you can't charge me I was President" or some other reason not to charge, not that he didn't do it.

Why don't you think Trump can defend himself against the facts of these cases?  Maybe it is because he is guilty of them

I think in this case Smith already brought the serious RICO charges so in fact a small time DA in a county went above the law and her jurisdiction filing charges at all.

It appears when a Republican is accused, you become a lawyer's best friend. 

As for all of the BS thrown at Trump, yeah I think the Democrats over played their hand placing all of their political eggs in one basket to eliminate Trump the candidate. They helped Trump build a larger base as a result.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 06:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I haven't had to think of it before this, but I don't think I'm really a fan of any president pardoning himself for any reason.

My guess he will never have to if he wins the election. He just fire Garland and Jack Smith and has the AG drop all federal charges. He just needs a wing man like Biden has now with Garland and Obama has with Holder. Holder admitted he was Obama's wing man so Democrats set that precedent as well.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 11:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My guess he will never have to if he wins the election.

Almost makes you wonder if he really is in this race for the right reasons.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 11:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My guess he will never have to if he wins the election. He just fire Garland and Jack Smith and has the AG drop all federal charges. He just needs a wing man like Biden has now with Garland and Obama has with Holder. Holder admitted he was Obama's wing man so Democrats set that precedent as well.

Why would he have the charges dropped if he did nothing wrong?

Also, wouldn't that be politicizing the office of the AG - using it for personal gain?

Next you'll be saying he should totally order it to go after his political enemies without a shred of irony.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 02:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Why would he have the charges dropped if he did nothing wrong?

Also, wouldn't that be politicizing the office of the AG - using it for personal gain?

Next you'll be saying he should totally order it to go after his political enemies without a shred of irony.

Democrats are the party messing with democracy. This is the 1st time in history a former POTUS has been charged for a crime. Also, first time in history the opposing front runner for POTUS has been charged with a crime. It reeks of election interference and political persecution. One POTUS keeps documents (permitted to do so just as Obama has never turned over all documents to the National Archives) and is charged.
Yet a senator STEALS CLASSIFIED DOCOUMENTS, KEEPS THEM IN AN INSECURE LOCATION, yet no charges

OTHER CASES IN JURISDICTIONS DEMCRATICALLY CONTROLLED (JURORS) BY AT LEAST 90% VOTING BASE, NYC, D.C. AND FULTON COUNTY,GA.

Why should a man who knows as do the majority of voter waste tens of millions of dollars in legal fees? 

The reality is the Democrats have less than 9 months to put Trump on trial, prosecute him and then win any appeals, otherwise the charges go away if Trump wins the election. Many of you think Trump will lose in November, if he does the Democrats can continue to persecute Trump and all conservatives as they have done the past 7 years.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 03:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Democrats are the party messing with democracy. This is the 1st time in history a former POTUS has been charged for a crime. Also, first time in history the opposing front runner for POTUS has been charged with a crime. It reeks of election interference and political persecution. One POTUS keeps documents (permitted to do so just as Obama has never turned over all documents to the National Archives) and is charged.
Yet a senator STEALS CLASSIFIED DOCOUMENTS, KEEPS THEM IN AN INSECURE LOCATION, yet no charges

OTHER CASES IN JURISDICTIONS DEMCRATICALLY CONTROLLED (JURORS) BY AT LEAST 90% VOTING BASE, NYC, D.C. AND FULTON COUNTY,GA.

Why should a man who knows as do the majority of voter waste tens of millions of dollars in legal fees? 

The reality is the Democrats have less than 9 months to put Trump on trial, prosecute him and then win any appeals, otherwise the charges go away if Trump wins the election. Many of you think Trump will lose in November, if he does the Democrats can continue to persecute Trump and all conservatives as they have done the past 7 years.

Maybe he should stop doing crimes if he doesn't want charged?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 02:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Why would he have the charges dropped if he did nothing wrong?

One of the dumbest sentences ever typed on this board.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 11:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My guess he will never have to if he wins the election. He just fire Garland and Jack Smith and has the AG drop all federal charges. He just needs a wing man like Biden has now with Garland and Obama has with Holder. Holder admitted he was Obama's wing man so Democrats set that precedent as well.

Wow you seem to celebrate politically toxic and illegal behavior.

Holder's "wingman" remark was in response to a question about whether he was leaving the
administration. He said "no," still work to be done. He was Obama's "wingman" in the sense he
was still working with the administration to accomplish its goals, just as any cabinet appointee would say.

You seem to think the metaphor committed him to some precedent for impropriety. Why? What impropriety?

Barr was Trump's wingman in the sense that he publicly managed perceptions of
Trump's criminal activity and defended it--until he couldn't anymore and resigned.
E.g., the way he stepped in front of the Mueller Report. Nothing like that on Holder or Garland.

But Holder said "wingman"--so corruption everywhere.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 06:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: One of the dumbest sentences ever typed on this board.

Pot, kettle.

Let the show play out, play it up that he's innocent (if he is), rub it in people's faces.

Y'know, like he's known for.

I guess that'd be playing a long game, and Trump ain't exactly known for seeing past his nose in nearly all things.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote