Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Elon Musk Twitter
Hey! Now get you get to pay to READ posts! Suckers!

[Image: Fz99jYmXwAISMGm?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 04:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hey!  Now get you get to pay to READ posts!  Suckers!

[Image: Fz99jYmXwAISMGm?format=jpg&name=900x900]

I wonder if this is a temporary measure or if it the beginning of the tangible decline of Twitter due to Elon firing so many people. 
Reply/Quote
Still not working. Not sure that trying to extort money to your users is a good strategic plan.

Those advertisers should be thrilled that noone can see their feed ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
It looks like the billionaire genius is simply not paying his bills (I'm sure this is just part of his brilliant cost cutting moves) and that is (at least part) of the reason.

[Image: Fz-ageZWAAA8jdp?format=jpg&name=large]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 10:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: It looks like the billionaire genius is simply not paying his bills (I'm sure this is just part of his brilliant cost cutting moves) and that is (at least part) of the reason.

[Image: Fz-ageZWAAA8jdp?format=jpg&name=large]

it's amazing how we can both read the same tweet and draw such completely separate conclusions.  

To me, it looks like something that happens everyday in B2B but is attempting to be twisted by a random social media account.  

Hating on Musk is so hot right now.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 10:48 AM)basballguy Wrote: it's amazing how we can both read the same tweet and draw such completely separate conclusions.  

To me, it looks like something that happens everyday in B2B but is attempting to be twisted by a random social media account.  

Hating on Musk is so hot right now.  

Well, I read that Musk didn't pay his bill and then claims (lied) there was "data scrapping" so he was forced to limit how many tweets users could read the day his storage disappears.  Meaning the site he bought at an overpriced value was not working.

You read "business as usual" because "hate".

[Image: musk-defenders.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 11:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well, I read that Musk didn't pay his bill and then claims (lied) there was "data scrapping" so he was forced to limit how many tweets users could read the day his storage disappears.  Meaning the site he bought at an overpriced value was not working.

You read "business as usual" because "hate".

[Image: musk-defenders.jpg]

you are quite literally the most hateful person on these forums, but ok man....you can say i got hate because you're uninformed, i get it.  
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 11:31 AM)basballguy Wrote: you are quite literally the most hateful person on these forums, but ok man....you can say i got hate because you're uninformed, i get it.  

Big if true.

But please...inform me.  Or just insult.  You do you.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Big if true.

you say someone has hate then get upset when someone says you have hate back?

Peak PnR.  

On topic, this is fake outrage by the uninformed.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Twitter is doing here.  
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 11:50 AM)basballguy Wrote: you say someone has hate then get upset when someone says you have hate back?

Peak PnR.  

On topic, this is fake outrage by the uninformed.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Twitter is doing here.  

Show where I said you had hate or were hateful.  Then show me the source that shows I am misinformed.

I know you can't do the first one but maybe the second as this is the second time I asked nicely. Smirk
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 12:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Show where I said you had hate or were hateful.  Then show me the source that shows I am misinformed.

I know you can't do the first one but maybe the second as this is the second time I asked nicely. Smirk

Did he tell you that you are going to Hell with me ? Relax, it's full of angels Big Grin 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 12:14 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

That's not fair, for all Elon knows I may be on a long term plan to adopt girls that I'll have kids with eventually, like his dad does.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Richest man in the world bought Twitter. To make it the pinnacle of free speech the online world wide town square.

Months later I can’t see stuff on Twitter. Because he can’t monetize my information?

Trending into super dbag territory imo.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Big if true.

How many personal attacks have you slung my way the past week?  How many were directed at you?  The truth may shock you!
Reply/Quote
Musk doesn't pay his bills.  Google takes away his storage and that leads to twitter links being delisted...and then:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66094072

Quote:By James Clayton
North America technology reporter

Facebook owner Meta is launching its new app to rival Twitter and says it will go live on Thursday.

The app, which is called Threads and is available for pre-order on the Apple App Store, will be linked to Instagram.

Screengrabs show a dashboard that looks similar to Twitter. Meta describes Threads as a "text based conversation app".

The move is the latest in a rivalry between Meta boss Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter owner Elon Musk.

Last month, the pair agreed to a physical fight, though it is unclear how serious the two men were about actually holding a bout.

"Thank goodness they're so sanely run", Mr Musk responded to a tweet about Threads, in an apparent fresh swipe at Mr Zuckerberg.

Meanwhile, Twitter has said that the popular user dashboard, TweetDeck will go behind a paywall in 30 days time.

The move is the latest push by Mr Musk as he tries to get users to sign up to Twitter's subscription service, Twitter Blue.

On Saturday, the multi-billionaire restricted the number of tweets users could see, citing extreme "data scraping".

It appears from Meta's Threads app that it will be a free service - and there will be no restrictions on how many posts a user can see.

"Threads is where communities come together to discuss everything from the topics you care about today to what'll be trending tomorrow" the description on the App Store says.

Pictures show screengrabs from the app, that look almost identical to Twitter.

Threads will also hoover up data on your phone, including location data, purchases and browsing history.

Several apps that bear a striking resemblance to Twitter have sprung up in recent years - such as Donald Trump's Truth Social and Mastodon.

Another similar app, Bluesky claimed to have seen "record" traffic after Mr Musk's move to restrict usage at the weekend.

However, Threads could be the biggest threat faced by Twitter to date.

Mark Zuckerberg has a history of borrowing other company's ideas - and making them work.

Meta's Reels is widely seen as a TikTok copy, while Stories looks similar to Snapchat.

Meta has the resources to compete with Twitter. Threads will be part of the Instagram platform, so it will also be connected to hundreds of millions of accounts. It's not starting from zero, as other would-be rivals have had to do.

Although Mr Musk has been praised in some quarters for his commitment to free speech, he has also alienated some users.

Mr Zuckerberg will hope he can pull enough disenchanted users away from Twitter to create a genuine alternative.

What...a...genius! Ninja
Reply/Quote
watch out Elon, Zuckerberg is coming after you

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Threads is up to 30,000,000 users in just 1 day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I was wondering if today was the first day of Threads, because I had literally never heard of it, only to see it mentioned constantly all day today.

I guess the Zuck was not a fan of Elon challenging him to a fight.
Reply/Quote