Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boomer fired from NFL Today
Former Bengal QB Boomer Esiason and Giant QB Phil Simms are out at NFL Today. Matt Ryan will be the new dude with an expanded role for JJ Watt

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 01:57 PM)pally Wrote: Former Bengal QB Boomer Esiason and Giant QB Phil Simms are out at NFL Today.  Matt Ryan will be the new dude with an expanded role for JJ Watt

I realize that Boom is an ex-Bengal, so some may think that my opinion is biased, but I try to view the announcers in an unbiased light. Personally, I like Boomer much better than CC as an announcer. That's just me. I thought that Boomer was pretty good, Simms not so much.

Simms, Romo, CC are all play by play announcers that I am not fond of listening to. I usually turn the sound off when they are the dudes. 
Reply/Quote
I guess it's out with the old guys. The viewing market doesn't care about 1980s QBs anymore. Slight Sarcasm.

I like Boomer's perspective so it's a bummer to see him go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 02:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess it's out with the old guys. The viewing market doesn't care about 1980s QBs anymore.  Slight  Sarcasm.

sad times.
Reply/Quote
Take Chris Collinsworth off the air too.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 01:57 PM)pally Wrote: Former Bengal QB Boomer Esiason and Giant QB Phil Simms are out at NFL Today.  Matt Ryan will be the new dude with an expanded role for JJ Watt

I guess I'll be watching one of the other pre-games then. I usually don't like the guys on Fox so I always watched the CBS pregame. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Take Chris Collinsworth off the air too.

Yes agreed hes a Mahomes ass kisser
He got his kid a gig so he can go retire now
Reply/Quote
Boomer didn’t hide his stripes which was kind of cool, although I’d ***** about someone else doing it. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 09:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Boomer didn’t hide his stripes which was kind of cool, although I’d ***** about someone else doing it. LOL

Boomer definitely favored the Bengals, but he didn't go over the top with it like Cowher does for the Steelers or Marino used to do for the Dolphins. I know Collinsworth has mentioned that he tries to not to go overboard on his Bengals fandom, but he comes off ridiculous when he tries to downplay anything the Bengals do. He's mentioned this on the BBP with Dan Hoard.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think CBS is trying to lure in a younger crowd. Most people in their 50's get laid off these days anyway.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 02:10 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I realize that Boom is an ex-Bengal, so some may think that my opinion is biased, but I try to view the announcers in an unbiased light. Personally, I like Boomer much better than CC as an announcer. That's just me. I thought that Boomer was pretty good, Simms not so much.

Simms, Romo, CC are all play by play announcers that I am not fond of listening to. I usually turn the sound off when they are the dudes. 

Actually, none of them are PbP guys, they are Colour Commentators ThumbsUp

Simms sucks, the other two are great, it's just a preference as to whether you like them or not.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Just saw this. Well that sucks, love Boomer Esiason. He was the reason I always watched the CBS broadcast over FOX.

He loves the Bengals and doesn't apologize for it. Always liked how him and Cowher went at it.

Dim Simms getting fired is a good thing though, never liked him.

Cannot stand JJ Twatt even if he was a great player. I will be watching the FOX one probably more after this. At least Howie is cool.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 02:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess it's out with the old guys. The viewing market doesn't care about 1980s QBs anymore.  Slight  Sarcasm.

Probably trying to make sure they don't need to hire an entire retirement home staff to take care of their panel in between shots.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote