Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Biden's Approval Ranking Late April 2024
CNN did another poll. Biden trails Trump by 9 points Nationally. Here are some reasons voters like Trump over Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/polling/approval-rating-polls

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/28/politics/cnn-poll-trump-biden-matchup/index.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
61% of voters think Biden's presidency is a failure and 55% think Trump's was a success in recent CNN poll.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Federally legalizing Cannabis in 3...2...

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 12:15 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Federally legalizing Cannabis in 3...2...

As someone who has spent the past 8 years and will (hopefully) spend the rest of his working life being a federal schlub, I'm really hoping this happens.  Bonus points for all the right wing outlets inevitably calling it a cheap ploy to gain approval, as if doing stuff people want you to do is somehow a dirty political trick.

Unfortunately, if Trump is elected he'd almost certainly undo it.
Reply/Quote
Step 1..

https://apnews.com/article/marijuana-biden-dea-criminal-justice-pot-f833a8dae6ceb31a8658a5d65832a3b8?taid=6631255c2fefcd00015a5820&utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 05:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Step 1..

https://apnews.com/article/marijuana-biden-dea-criminal-justice-pot-f833a8dae6ceb31a8658a5d65832a3b8?taid=6631255c2fefcd00015a5820&utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

It's so transparent one wonders why so few people see it.  I don't think this will help Joe, though.  He's in really bad shape almost across the board.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 05:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's so transparent one wonders why so few people see it.  I don't think this will help Joe, though.  He's in really bad shape almost across the board.
While it is overdue, the timing is obvious.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 12:15 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Federally legalizing Cannabis in 3...2...

(04-30-2024, 05:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Step 1..

Man you called that…. I wish you would have said “this is investment advice” so I would have known to load the boat today to get in on that giant mid day weed stock rocket-ship that launched around lunch time.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 01:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Unfortunately, if Trump is elected he'd almost certainly undo it.

Why?

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 07:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why?

1. because Biden enacted it
2. because the people who love him the most want it to be illegal
3. because the people who hate him the most want it to be legal
4. because it's illegal in Russia
5. because it being illegal helps the for-profit prison system and private profits are more important than personal freedoms
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 07:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Man you called that…. I wish you would have said “this is investment advice” so I would have known to load the boat today to get in on that giant mid day weed stock rocket-ship that launched around lunch time.
It will likely go higher.
I wouldn't be afraid to still jump in.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 07:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why?

Did you read the Time interview with him?

https://time.com/6972021/donald-trump-2024-election-interview/

Quote:What emerged in two interviews with Trump, and conversations with more than a dozen of his closest advisers and confidants, were the outlines of an imperial presidency that would reshape America and its role in the world. To carry out a deportation operation designed to remove more than 11 million people from the country, Trump told me, he would be willing to build migrant detention camps and deploy the U.S. military, both at the border and inland. He would let red states monitor women’s pregnancies and prosecute those who violate abortion bans. He would, at his personal discretion, withhold funds appropriated by Congress, according to top advisers. He would be willing to fire a U.S. Attorney who doesn’t carry out his order to prosecute someone, breaking with a tradition of independent law enforcement that dates from America’s founding. He is weighing pardons for every one of his supporters accused of attacking the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, more than 800 of whom have pleaded guilty or been convicted by a jury. He might not come to the aid of an attacked ally in Europe or Asia if he felt that country wasn’t paying enough for its own defense. He would gut the U.S. civil service, deploy the National Guard to American cities as he sees fit, close the White House pandemic-preparedness office, and staff his Administration with acolytes who back his false assertion that the 2020 election was stolen.

He'll do nothing that anyone wants other than himself.  

If Biden gets marijuana decriminalized (long time coming) then Trump would reverse it just because Biden did it.

Trump is a vindictive, spoiled man-child.

Now, all that said, it's possible it would stay if gives the old "I'll let you know in two weeks" which is Trump speak for "I will never say anything because I don't have a plan".

[Full transcripts here: https://time.com/6972022/donald-trump-transcript-2024-election/ ]

Quote:Do you think women should be able to get the abortion pill mifepristone? 

Trump: Well, I have an opinion on that, but I'm not going to explain. I'm not gonna say it yet. But I have pretty strong views on that. And I'll be releasing it probably over the next week.

Well, this is a big question, Mr. President, because your allies have called for enforcement of the Comstock Act, which prohibits the mailing of drugs used for abortions by mail. The Biden Department of Justice has not enforced it. Would your Department of Justice enforce it? 

Trump: I will be making a statement on that over the next 14 days. 

You will? 

Trump: Yeah, I have a big statement on that. I feel very strongly about it. I actually think it’s a very important issue. 

[Image: GDIJ7X5XkAELSyQ?format=jpg&name=small]

Follow-up Phone Interview With Trump

Two weeks after the Mar-a-Lago interview, TIME conducted a 20-minute phone interview with Trump on April 27. Below is a lightly edited transcript of that conversation.

Last time we spoke, you said you had an announcement coming over the next two weeks regarding your policy on the abortion pill mifepristone. You haven't made an announcement yet. Would you like to do so now?

Trump: No, I haven’t. I’ll be doing it over the next week or two. But I don't think it will be shocking, frankly. But I'll be doing it over the next week or two. We’re for helping women, Eric. I am for helping women. You probably saw that the IVF came out very well. And, you know, I set a policy on it, and the Republicans immediately adopted the policy. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 07:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did you read the Time interview with him?

If Biden gets marijuana decriminalized (long time coming) then Trump would reverse it just because Biden did it.

Now, all that said, it's possible it would stay if gives the old "I'll let you know in two weeks" which is Trump speak for "I will never say anything because I don't have a plan".

[Full transcripts here: https://time.com/6972022/donald-trump-transcript-2024-election/ ]

Trump was POTUS for 4 years. Who did he jail? Hillary? Nope.

Your propaganda hurts our country. 

You do not want to unite our country; you want Democrats to retain power at any cost including cheering on as Democrats attempt to jail and break Trump financially. That is a fact, and voters see the pathetic attempt to win at all costs. This is 3rd world country crap, and you condone it. 

Then, you say Trump may be vindictive. The irony isoff the charts. Democrats are vindcitive and it is in motion. Get back to me when Repubicans indict Joe Bden. 

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 07:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 1. because Biden enacted it
2. because the people who love him the most want it to be illegal
3. because the people who hate him the most want it to be legal
4. because it's illegal in Russia
5. because it being illegal helps the for-profit prison system and private profits are more important than personal freedoms

Doubt it, it's a source of revenue. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 07:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did you read the Time interview with him?

I did and why do you say he will do what he wants? Right now anti-immigration is at an all time high. The costs of supporting immigrants is out pacing the money needed to take care of them and some cities are starting to look like 3rd world countries, that's not good for anyone at all. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump was POTUS for 4 years. Who did he jail? Hillary? Nope.

Your propaganda hurts our country. 

You do not want to unite our country; you want Democrats to retain power at any cost including cheering on as Democrats attempt to jail and break Trump financially. That is a fact, and voters see the pathetic attempt to win at all costs. This is 3rd world country crap, and you condone it. 

Then, you say Trump may be vindictive. The irony isoff the charts. Democrats are vindcitive and it is in motion. Get back to me when Repubicans indict Joe Bden. 

I literally just copied and pasted what Trump himself said he would do.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:58 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I did and why do you say he will do what he wants? Right now anti-immigration is at an all time high. The costs of supporting immigrants is out pacing the money needed to take care of them and some cities are starting to look like 3rd world countries, that's not good for anyone at all. 

Because a) He said he will and b) Project 2025

https://apnews.com/article/election-2024-conservatives-trump-heritage-857eb794e505f1c6710eb03fd5b58981

Quote:BY LISA MASCARO
Updated 5:18 PM EDT, August 29, 2023

WASHINGTON (AP) — With more than a year to go before the 2024 election, a constellation of conservative organizations is preparing for a possible second White House term for Donald Trump, recruiting thousands of Americans to come to Washington on a mission to dismantle the federal government and replace it with a vision closer to his own.

Led by the long-established Heritage Foundation think tank and fueled by former Trump administration officials, the far-reaching effort is essentially a government-in-waiting for the former president’s return — or any candidate who aligns with their ideals and can defeat President Joe Biden in 2024.

With a nearly 1,000-page “Project 2025” handbook and an “army” of Americans, the idea is to have the civic infrastructure in place on Day One to commandeer, reshape and do away with what Republicans deride as the “deep state” bureaucracy, in part by firing as many as 50,000 federal workers.

“We need to flood the zone with conservatives,” said Paul Dans, director of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project and a former Trump administration official who speaks with historical flourish about the undertaking.

[color=var(--color-module-title)]MORE ON ELECTIONS 2024

[color=var(--color-primary-text)][Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.apnews.com%2Fa...a5c94f08ab]
[color=var(--color-promo-text)]Trump trial set for March 4, 2024, in federal case charging him with plotting to overturn election[/color]
[/color]

[color=var(--color-primary-text)][Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.apnews.com%2F2...5a6fcf2523]
[color=var(--color-promo-text)]Trump’s drumbeat of lies about the 2020 election keeps getting louder. Here are the facts[/color]
[/color]

“This is a clarion call to come to Washington,” he said. “People need to lay down their tools, and step aside from their professional life and say, ‘This is my lifetime moment to serve.’”
[/color]

The unprecedented effort is being orchestrated with dozens of right-flank organizations, many new to Washington, and represents a changed approach from conservatives, who traditionally have sought to limit the federal government by cutting federal taxes and slashing federal spending.

Instead, Trump-era conservatives want to gut the “administrative state” from within, by ousting federal employees they believe are standing in the way of the president’s agenda and replacing them with like-minded officials more eager to fulfill a new executive’s approach to governing.
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.apnews.com%2F0...b6e1dbb518]
[color=var(--color-primary-text)]
FILE - Former President Donald Trump speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference, CPAC 2023, March 4, 2023, at National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Md. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)

The goal is to avoid the pitfalls of Trump’s first years in office, when the Republican president’s team was ill-prepared, his Cabinet nominees had trouble winning Senate confirmation and policies were met with resistance — by lawmakers, government workers and even Trump’s own appointees who refused to bend or break protocol, or in some cases violate laws, to achieve his goals.

[/color]
While many of the Project 2025 proposals are inspired by Trump, they are being echoed by GOP rivals Ron DeSantis and Vivek Ramaswamy and are gaining prominence among other Republicans.

And if Trump wins a second term, the work from the Heritage coalition ensures the president will have the personnel to carry forward his unfinished White House business.

“The president Day One will be a wrecking ball for the administrative state,” said Russ Vought, a former Trump administration official involved in the effort who is now president at the conservative Center for Renewing America.

Much of the new president’s agenda would be accomplished by reinstating what’s called Schedule F — a Trump-era executive order that would reclassify tens of thousands of the 2 million federal employees as essentially at-will workers who could more easily be fired.

Biden had rescinded the executive order upon taking office in 2021, but Trump — and other presidential hopefuls — now vow to reinstate it.

“It frightens me,” said Mary Guy, a professor of public administration at the University of Colorado Denver, who warns the idea would bring a return to a political spoils system.

Experts argue Schedule F would create chaos in the civil service, which was overhauled during President Jimmy Carter’s administration in an attempt to ensure a professional workforce and end political bias dating from 19th century patronage.

As it now stands, just 4,000 members of the federal workforce are considered political appointees who typically change with each administration. But Schedule F could put tens of thousands of career professional jobs at risk.

“We have a democracy that is at risk of suicide. Schedule F is just one more bullet in the gun,” Guy said.

The ideas contained in Heritage’s coffee table-ready book are both ambitious and parochial, a mix of longstanding conservative policies and stark, head-turning proposals that gained prominence in the Trump era.

There’s a “top to bottom overhaul” of the Department of Justice, particularly curbing its independence and ending FBI efforts to combat the spread of misinformation. It calls for stepped-up prosecution of anyone providing or distributing abortion pills by mail.

There are proposals to have the Pentagon “abolish” its recent diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, what the project calls the “woke” agenda, and reinstate service members discharged for refusing the COVID-19 vaccine.

Chapter by chapter, the pages offer a how-to manual for the next president, similar to one Heritage produced 50 years ago, ahead of the Ronald Reagan administration. Authored by some of today’s most prominent thinkers in the conservative movement, it’s often sprinkled with apocalyptic language.

A chapter written by Trump’s former acting deputy secretary of Homeland Security calls for bolstering the number of political appointees, and redeploying office personnel with law enforcement ability into the field “to maximize law enforcement capacity.”

At the White House, the book suggests the new administration should “reexamine” the tradition of providing work space for the press corps and ensure the White House counsel is “deeply committed” to the president’s agenda.

Conservatives have long held a grim view of federal government offices, complaining they are stacked with liberals intent on halting Republican agendas.

But Doreen Greenwald, national president of the National Treasury Employees Union, said most federal workers live in the states and are your neighbors, family and friends. “Federal employees are not the enemy,” she said.

While presidents typically rely on Congress to put policies into place, the Heritage project leans into what legal scholars refer to as a unitary view of executive power that suggests the president has broad authority to act alone.

To push past senators who try to block presidential Cabinet nominees, Project 2025 proposes installing top allies in acting administrative roles, as was done during the Trump administration to bypass the Senate confirmation process.

John McEntee, another former Trump official advising the effort, said the next administration can “play hardball a little more than we did with Congress.”

In fact, Congress would see its role diminished — for example, with a proposal to eliminate congressional notification on certain foreign arms sales.

Philip Wallach, a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute who studies the separation of powers and was not part of the Heritage project, said there’s a certain amount of “fantasizing” about the president’s capabilities.

“Some of these visions, they do start to just bleed into some kind of authoritarian fantasies where the president won the election, so he’s in charge, so everyone has to do what he says — and that’s just not the system the government we live under,” he said.

At the Heritage office, Dans has a faded photo on his wall of an earlier era in Washington, with the White House situated almost alone in the city, dirt streets in all directions.

It’s an image of what conservatives have long desired, a smaller federal government.

The Heritage coalition is taking its recruitment efforts on the road, crisscrossing America to fill the federal jobs. They staffed the Iowa State Fair this month and signed up hundreds of people, and they’re building out a database of potential employees, inviting them to be trained in government operations.

“It’s counterintuitive,” Dans acknowledged — the idea of joining government to shrink it — but he said that’s the lesson learned from the Trump days about what’s needed to “regain control.”
___
This story has been corrected to show the name of the university is the University of Colorado Denver, not the University of Colorado.
___
Follow the AP’s coverage of the 2024 election at https://apnews.com/hub/election-2024.
[url=https://apnews.com/hub/election-2024.][/url]
So yeah, on the issue of marijuana legalization I can make a very good, educated guess that the Heritage Foundation won't be for that.

Also, and as an aside, we can see how they will breakdown all the guiderails that keep the POTUS from becoming all powerful.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 10:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because a) He said he will and b) Project 2025

https://apnews.com/article/election-2024-conservatives-trump-heritage-857eb794e505f1c6710eb03fd5b58981

[url=https://apnews.com/hub/election-2024.][/url]
So yeah, on the issue of marijuana legalization I can make a very good, educated guess that the Heritage Foundation won't be for that.

Also, and as an aside, we can see how they will breakdown all the guiderails that keep the POTUS from becoming all powerful.

Oh boo hoo. 
The Fed administration hasn't been overhauled since Carter and I doubt this would truly happen, he might get an area or two done, but i mainly see this as more of a scare tactic coming from the left. Although, if they did their jobs and enforced the laws, this wouldn't even be on the table.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:55 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Doubt it, it's a source of revenue. 

Well then I stand by points 1-4.

(05-01-2024, 09:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump was POTUS for 4 years. Who did he jail? Hillary? Nope.

Not to overly derail things, but what is the conservative excuse for this?  Trump says he's going to do something, people get on board, people get HILLARY FOR PRISON signs and put them up and then he gets elected and says "Ehhh, we don't care about that any more."  I assume the whole "LOCK HER/HIM UP" chant is like when a football team that is 2-6 scores a TD and they show the stands and the fans are cheering and holding up their index fingers indicating that they are #1.  They know they aren't #1, they just want to be part of a group belief, or something.

Also, SSF is going to reply to this and say "See Nate, this means that people who say Trump is going to win in 2024 and throw everyone in jail are being paranoid because Trump ran on locking up Hillary and clearly never meant it."  I'm one step ahead of you.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 10:37 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh boo hoo. 
The Fed administration hasn't been overhauled since Carter and I doubt this would truly happen, he might get an area or two done, but i mainly see this as more of a scare tactic coming from the left. Although, if they did their jobs and enforced the laws, this wouldn't even be on the table.

A scare tactic  from "the left"?

This is the Heritage Foundation, not some fly-by-night PAC or Rudy Giuliani or Don Jr.  They have an entire playbook and are putting tents up at fairs to attract people.

This is a long term plan coming from the right.

If Trump wins it will be implemented.  All it takes is for them to tell him how much more powerful it will make HIM and he will be all in.  If the safeguards are removed he will do even more damage to the country.

That's not a scare tactic...that's the truth.

You wanted to know why and I provided you two sources for why...but you "doubt" it would really happen.
Reply/Quote