Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(05-03-2024, 10:44 PM)kevin Wrote: I hope not.  There were a ton of pitcher injuries before the clock.  I hated the 4 or 5 hour games. I came to hate baseball. I hated players looking at their shift cards.  I love the game faster, more like the faster games in 1960's and 1970's.   Keep the pitch clock, because there were a ton of pitching injuries without it.  Keep the game going faster, I hated how slow the game had became before the pitch clock was put in.  They took the slowest and most boring game in sports and made it fast paced and exciting again.  Pitching injuries have always been there.  Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson had injuries.  For Reds, Jim Maloney, Gary Nolan, Don Gullett, Mario Soto, Jose Rijo, Johnny Cueto, all had injuries, and that is off the top of my head, many more that that.  The 1970 Reds were 70 and 30, but by World Series they had lost many of their pitchers to injury.  Jim Merritt, Wayne Simpson, the pitching Reds had early in season was a MASH Unit come World Series and Sparky had to try to get by without his best pitchers.  Pitching injuries have always been a part of baseball.  It ain't the pitch count clock, and I love the game going faster again.

I agree! I like the games going faster. I'm just not sure that the players, especially the pitchers will agree. I think it's a combination of the clock and a crackdown on the sticky stuff. It may just be my perception of it as well, but just seems like a lot of arms have been injured in the past couple of years. 
Reply/Quote
Another loss for me this past week. The league has two strong teams emerging and then there is the rest of us with a .500 or losing record.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote