Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option
(05-06-2024, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys might as well face it, they have permission for another helmet. The old legends want to see throwback uniforms, and I would assume Mike Brown would as well as an homage to his pop. We're gonna see the BENGALS helmet again with throwback unis.

Man, they sure are ugly as can be, but as another poster said, as long as we win I am happy. Still prefer to be the baddest ass looking team
in the NFL while kicking ass, but if the legends want it, so be it.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2024, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, they sure are ugly as can be, but as another poster said, as long as we win I am happy. Still prefer to be the baddest ass looking team
in the NFL while kicking ass, but if the legends want it, so be it.

They really went all out for the white tiger look. Hyped it up, got social media views, made a lot of money off it I would think. They are a business and do you think the old helmets/unis would drive excitement and merch sales? Even if you love them you know the answer is no.
The blacked out look is something they could build a whole marketing campaign around like the white stripes.

From a business standpoint the black helmets would make more sense ($).
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2024, 03:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They really went all out for the white tiger look. Hyped it up, got social media views, made a lot of money off it I would think.  They are a business and do you think the old helmets/unis would drive excitement and merch sales?  Even if you love them you know the answer is no.  
The blacked out look is something they could build a whole marketing campaign around like the white stripes.

All true Clark and completely agree. Hope you are right, I don't want to see those ugly helmets again myself and it wouldn't make much 
sense in trying to make money. The black helmets with the orange stripes are not realistic, but who cares? They look really cool, unlike 
the ugly old ones.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2024, 03:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They really went all out for the white tiger look. Hyped it up, got social media views, made a lot of money off it I would think.  They are a business and do you think the old helmets/unis would drive excitement and merch sales?  Even if you love them you know the answer is no.  

I never said I loved them. I never said I even liked them. They just make the most sense to me and bring back the nostalgia, and IMO that is the way the team is going to go.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 08:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I never said I loved them. I never said I even liked them. They just make the most sense to me and bring back the nostalgia, and IMO that is the way the team is going to go.

We will see, you make good points as always, but like Clark said, it would be a better money making strategy to go with a cooler look.
Reply/Quote
I think, if it's just adding a third helmet and NOT a full throwback set, the black with orange stripes would be my vote. Those would look badass with our current black unis, black pants, and orange socks. It'd be the opposite of the white-out set we currently have. I'd be all for it!
Reply/Quote
Hear me out .. green helmets with orange tiger stripes..

I have seen a green tiger… He might have had a red saddle and carried a large man, but i have seen him

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have no idea what 3rd helmet I would like at this point for the Bengals. Maybe something completely different.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Revisiting the matte black with glossy highlights idea...(this post is narrated by Rod Serling)

Imagine if you will...A helmet that is as timeless as time.  A matte black helmet with BENGALS lettered just like the original helmets in glossy black.  Perhaps a shade of white or gray gloss bordering the letters similar to what the original helmets had.  Or they could re-do the font.  Plain matte black with a glossy BENGALS on each side.  No nonsense.  Death Star aesthetics.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 08:35 PM)The Clapp Wrote: Hear me out .. green helmets with orange tiger stripes..

I have seen a green tiger… He might have had a red saddle and carried a large man, but i have seen him

"Did you see the size of that chicken???"
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 08:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I never said I loved them. I never said I even liked them. They just make the most sense to me and bring back the nostalgia, and IMO that is the way the team is going to go.

The NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option is all about marketing and has nothing to do with nostalgia. The Bengals are not stupid.  Well..... assuming the right people are making these types of decisions now.

Imagine the old Bengals orange helmet or a more futuristic design as options on Amazon.  Which is going to garner more sales in today's NFL demographic?  No brainer.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 08:28 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: The NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option is all about marketing and has nothing to do with nostalgia. The Bengals are not stupid.  Well..... assuming the right people are making these types of decisions now.

Imagine the old Bengals orange helmet or a more futuristic design as options on Amazon.  Which is going to garner more sales in today's NFL demographic?  No brainer.

Exactly how many fans do you think actually buy helmets? I see tons of fans in jerseys, I bet I could count the number of fans I know who have helmets on one hand.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly how many fans do you think actually buy helmets? I see tons of fans in jerseys, I bet I could count the number of fans I know who have helmets on one hand.

A lot of people buy mini-helmets. Those are always going to outsell the full size replicas.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 08:35 PM)The Clapp Wrote: Hear me out .. green helmets with orange tiger stripes..

Made me lol reps Clapp...LOL
Reply/Quote