Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD***
(04-27-2024, 07:10 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Think my mock days are over. Just fall in love with players we never pick. Not watching college football this year and no more mocks. Can’t be mad at picks if I have no clue who they are. We really needed to knock this draft out of the park. Not sure if we even came remotely close. I like a couple of the picks but overall disappointed. Hope I’m wrong.

I’m glad I don’t get too wrapped up in mock drafts. Or have a college team (outside of casually rooting for UC). Some of you seem downright miserable over this stuff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
More Defensive Backs...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:12 PM)Synric Wrote: More Defensive Backs...

Lou’s drunk with power. LOL

Reply/Quote
I think we are building our STs
Reply/Quote
Odd choice to take a slow safety that's going to be what, the 6th safety on the team at best? Just feels like there's other positions where depth would actually stand a small chance of making the team. Or at least go for an athletic freak who brings something to the table that you might be able to coach up.

Ultimately it's the 7th round, so whatever, but still strange.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hopefully he stays healthy.

(04-27-2024, 07:10 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Think my mock days are over. Just fall in love with players we never pick. Not watching college football this year and no more mocks. Can’t be mad at picks if I have no clue who they are. We really needed to knock this draft out of the park. Not sure if we even came remotely close. I like a couple of the picks but overall disappointed. Hope I’m wrong.

You are. Although I’m sick of spending FRPs on OL, we did get one with gigantic upside. Jenkins was a nice 2nd pick although we should have traded up. Burton is awesome. McKinney Jackson went a bit early but he’s absolutely good enough to play right away. Got 2 TEs (we only needed one) but they both have talent. Cedric Johnson was great value when they got him.

Josh Newton & Daijahn Anthony were bad picks.

They needed one more OL and it feels a little like the theme here was inaction. They were a trade or two up from having a spectacular draft, but they generally did well with the picks they made. It’s a B.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:07 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Bears

Yeah, that team who took another QB with the first overall pick that will be a bust lol

I understand why they took Taylor though, it was their last pick and he was arguably the best Punter in this class.

McNamara might be better though.

(04-27-2024, 07:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Safety depth is important.  Welcome Daijahn Anthony!

Yes, welcome! Maybe Tycen Anderson insurance or something...
Reply/Quote
Bleacher report giving our picks a meh while CBS sports raves about the picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m glad I don’t get too wrapped up in mock drafts. Or have a college team (outside of casually rooting for UC). Some of you seem downright miserable over this stuff.

For me the Mock Draft is just fun and I got Amarius Mims and McKinnley Jackson 2 guys that I wanted more than any other for our team.

Football is about having fun, not being miserable over things you cannot change. For all we know the FO and coaches knocked this Draft out
of the park and saw things we did not as they are paid to do this job that I wish I was paid to do lol
Reply/Quote
Punter with our last pick? Kid from BYU?
Reply/Quote
Our last pick is Matt Lee C
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
C Matt Lee he's a name that popped up late I haven't watched him yet.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:29 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Our last pick is Matt Lee  C

What college is Matt Lee from again?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:29 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Our last pick is Matt Lee C

Center depth is important!
Reply/Quote
Matt Lee is just about the most average C of the draft.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Finally a damn C
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What college is Matt Lee from again?

Miami FL
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Well they addressed IOL - better last then never I guess.
Reply/Quote
Good in pass pro, but undersized and not going to move people in the run game.
Reply/Quote
Mikey was looking fairly youthful in the war room as they wrapped up their draft.
Reply/Quote